Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Very cool. And it's pretty darn peppy too. I'm going to have to buy this puppy.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    This was exactly what I was looking for! Works great at home (WinXP) and at work (Win2K).
    I have been using it religiously with my T|3, so I am not surprised by the good results being posted here regarding its use on the 600.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Card Export 2. Downloaded today. So far works as should. If it behaves a few days workout, will definitely purchase.
    installed it.

i had to connect to desktop twice, but it worked.

unistalled the old version. it is 2+ times bigger though.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I would love to use the utility but I haven't been very successful. I downloaded the Beta 4 and installed it on my CDMA Treo600. When I did the soft reset, the Treo was in the cradle and the PC (Win XP Pro) got a Blue Screen (BSoD).

I restarted everything and pressed the Connect to Desktop button and I got another BSoD. I reset the computer but left the Treo in the cradle with Card Export in its "connected' state. The PC got caught into a loop where it would restart every time it got to the Windows Boot screen. I clicked on the Disconnect button on Card Export and then the PC was able to restart normally.

It looks like there's still some work to be done in this app. I hope they resolve it because I would love to buy and use it.
    Perhaps this is a dumb question...but since they're charging $14.95 for a BETA version of the app, I'm assuming that a free upgrade to the final release will be forthcoming if we actually purchase it?
    Just amazing!! I'll definitely buy it.
    What an awesome program - It let me sort the mess of my corrupted audio directory from Explorer where filez, my work bench and cardinfo just crashed.

It also seems to load files much faster than the hotsync - though I may have imagined that.

It's going to make shifting key filez a breeze!
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    I have never installed cardexport before...whenever I try to start it all I get is a white screen and nothing? There was nothing to install on the PC side either?
    Why does the Softick site say that this isonly compatible with "Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Me on desktop", and that "Windows 98/Mac OS X/Linux support is under development" when OS X and Linux both support the USB MassStorage standard in all the revisions I know of from the last couple of years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    Why does the Softick site say that this isonly compatible with "Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Me on desktop", and that "Windows 98/Mac OS X/Linux support is under development" when OS X and Linux both support the USB MassStorage standard in all the revisions I know of from the last couple of years?
    Maybe it works, but isn't "supported", so they won't help you if you have problems.

I just tried it with Linux, and it seems to work just fine. I'm definitely purchasing it.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    I think it is a problem with my card. I took the card out and tried to start it and I was able to get to the prompt. I inserted my card and it froze. I have no other problems with my card though...it has applications, mp3s, and has no problems adding or deleting? Wierd.
    I was able to get this to work in OS X, although it was noticeably slower mounting that MissingSync. Since these guys are new to developing for the Treo 600 Hardware, TechDude, you might want to let them know about the notorious "USB Bug" in the firmware that is often discussed in relation to Wireless Modem and PDANet (a search of these forums should provide more detail). This USB bug may lead to corrupted cards - however, that said, I've been using MissingSync without a problem since I got my Treo in November.
    Quote Originally Posted by karlfranz
    I would love to use the utility but I haven't been very successful. I downloaded the Beta 4 and installed it on my CDMA Treo600. When I did the soft reset, the Treo was in the cradle and the PC (Win XP Pro) got a Blue Screen (BSoD).

i tried it at home and at work (xp machines) with no issue. Other than having to try to connect twice the first time I use it.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    Perhaps this is a dumb question...but since they're charging $14.95 for a BETA version of the app, I'm assuming that a free upgrade to the final release will be forthcoming if we actually purchase it?

you dont have to pay for the beta, you can just test it until expires. but if you decide to purchase it you will be able to use the same code to unlock the release one.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by azek01
    I have never installed cardexport before...whenever I try to start it all I get is a white screen and nothing? There was nothing to install on the PC side either?

nothing installed on the PC card with 2.0.
    Felipe
    I installed and tested Card Export beta4 and it is working with my GSM Treo and WinXP desktop, although not without a little fiddling.

The first time I connected, the desktop reported that it had detected a USB mass storage device but that there was a problem with it. The card didn't show up as a drive in the Explorer. I disconnected, restarted the desktop, soft reset the Treo and tried again. This time I got a desktop message that it had connected but that it might not work correctly, and that a new driver had been loaded and would function upon restarting. I restarted the desktop again (actually leaving the Treo/Card Export "connected" during the reboot) and when the desktop restarted the Treo card was there and everything was fine. At this point I can connect and everything works as it's supposed to.

All this appears to me to mostly be a desktop OS issue, although if Card Export is handing a driver to the desktop OS then it seems to do so only with a few glitches. Nevertheless, it works. If I have to restart some convention center computer to MAKE it work that's not a great thing, but I still consider this software a success. And this is still a beta version, after all.

The reason why Win98 isn't supported is almost certainly because Win98 doesn't support USB mass storage devices unless you install the specific Microsoft patches for that. It's possible that the patched Win98 OS is sufficiently different fromthe later OS USB mass storage device system that the folks at Softick haven't got it working. And if I were them I certainly wouldn't bother spending the time to support a six-year-old OS. OS X and Linux, however, are both modern operating systems.
    great app - can't wait to get home to see how much faster it is to copy mp3's to my treo (if it is faster). it does, however, look to be a easier method to copy mp3's than using hotsync.
    The first time you hit connect it will detect and install the drivers. Then when the comment pops up saying it might not work correctly hit disconnect on the palm. Then just hit connect again and the drivers will work. Pretty easy if you ask me.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast