Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just spoke with my Verizon corporate rep and he told me that July 12 is the official launch date of Treo 600. He just came back from a training session where this information was given. He has no literature, pricing, etc. at this time. I am patiently awaiting this important information. Take this information for what it is worth. It may be sooner or later but my source is a good one and he gave me the exact launch date of the Kyocera 7135 when it was first released.
    My Verizon Corporate Rep emailed me yesterday (June 22, 2004) saying they would get the Treo 600 within 2 to 3 weeks so it looks like we’re getting similar information on this.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I assume this is the current Treo 600 and not the much anticipated 610 or whatever they're calling it now....
    Now the big question is whether those who converted their Treos to Verizon will upgrade or not. Will Verizon's model be the exact same as Sprint's but just use Verizon's network? I wish they would come out with an "upgraded" model so it would be a little different. Thanks for the updates.

BTW, there is an ongoing discussion of the Verizon Treo 600 on www.howardforums.com for awhile:

http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...hreadid=390013
    I was told that it was going to be the same model (600) with no upgrades whatsoever.
    Same model, folks. As a matter of fact, if Verizon takes the same ***-backwards approach it took with the Blackberry 7750 then they'll probably strip out (yes, you heard that right!) some functionality from the Treo 600.

What does this mean? Well, in the BB 7750 VZW did not include a WAP browser, nor did they include BB Client functionality until recently. All other carriers' BB models had this functionaly at release.

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here. I've been a VZW customer for over 5 years. I've come to expect this BS from them time and time again. Lets hope they've broken an ill-received tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by David Allison
    I was told that it was going to be the same model (600) with no upgrades whatsoever.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Don't want to rain on anyone's parade here. I've been a VZW customer for over 5 years. I've come to expect this BS from them time and time again. Lets hope they've broken an ill-received tradition.
    Agreed. VZW is notorious for crippling their phones. On many phones they strip out the ability to download via PC cable directly and force you to pay using "Get It Now" for ringtones, wallpapers, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by richlux
    Agreed. VZW is notorious for crippling their phones. On many phones they strip out the ability to download via PC cable directly and force you to pay using "Get It Now" for ringtones, wallpapers, etc.
    (This would be real "cute" with a treo
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    A little confirmation -- This week's Fortune magazine has a Treo ad and on the list of carriers is verizon.
    This is as close of a confirmation as we are going to get until the announcement! Breaking news that Verizon is due to announce the Treo 600 in a few days!!

http://www.phonemag.com/index.php/we...eo_600_smartp/
    hello ya all!!

i was wondering if we should wait for Treo ACE coming out if that will be carried by verizon or Sprint coming soon!! if Verizon comes out this july then what does it says for Treo ACE model coming soon this fall and who will carried the services? i know it is off the point but does the keyboard on New Treo ACE wider then the currently 600? many thanks for your time!
    my verizon rep says "supposedly the 12th of this month" ... so here's another voice.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Remember how everyone thought that Sprint made TreoCentral take down that article? Has it been confirmed that Sprint did it? I would think that Verizon's the more likely culprit since they're about to release an older model. If I were Verizon, I definitely wouldn't want a new phone offering be obselete even before release. Think about it. If everyone's talking about the Ace, who'd buy the 600 from Verizon?
  14. djc
    Just got word from our rep it was pushed back a week until 7/17.

What a waste, T600 comes out for Verizon and a few months later Sprint has the 6x0.
    Quote Originally Posted by idlepaw
    I would think that Verizon's the more likely culprit since they're about to release an older model. If I were Verizon, I definitely wouldn't want a new phone offering be obselete even before release.
    Verizon wouldn't have any legal standing. The slide was apparently from a Sprint presentation, featured a Sprint phone, and had PalmOne in there, too. Those are the two you should point fingers at.

What Verizon wants, unless it is backed up by solid support, is simply too bad for Verizon. Sprint, however, has made a fairly significant financial contribution to the TREO 600 and could easily have legal standing if the "purloined" slide was from a NDA presentation (probably).

IANAL, however.
    I just returned my Treo 600 to Cingular because of this rumor...Verizon better come through damnit
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Nobody from Verizon in my neck of the woods has any info (Syracuse NY).

I am currently using a Kyocera 7135. My complaint is that it doesn't have a hard wired car kit available. I understand the Treo 600 does. Also, I believe the Treo doesn't have a stylus and no graffiti ability. Am I right?
    it has a stylus, but no included graffiti. you can always get an app for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Bull
    Nobody from Verizon in my neck of the woods has any info (Syracuse NY).

I am currently using a Kyocera 7135. My complaint is that it doesn't have a hard wired car kit available. I understand the Treo 600 does. Also, I believe the Treo doesn't have a stylus and no graffiti ability. Am I right?
    Got it wrong...has a stylus and can add Graffiti or similar programs....
    Confirmation from a friend of mine who works for Verizon here in Northern Cali - he said that the new target date is July 17th, and that there are some "slight modifications to the software," but he couldn't elaborate. He did say that the training docs he was given were Sprint docs with Verizon stickers...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast