1.    #1  
    Just wondering if there is a consensus on this - is the T-Mobile update better than the CROW update? Has anyone noticed any differences?
    TIA.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Same here, I'm still on CROW should I bother?
    Can someone offer his/her insight on this topic please. There must be many of us in the same situation. Should we bother?
    My experience is a bit tainted (I will explain), but here goes...

As reference I am comparing 3.04 CROW with 3.05 ROW.

NO! It is not worth it. The reception is worse, calls are dropping frequently, the "wireless" mode randomly turns off, and GRPS connects slower and is more problematic.

Now comes the complicating factor. I have also changed phones between the 3.04 CROW to current 3.05 ROW firmware. Therefore, my issues could be specific to the handset I have currently versus the one I was using previously. I have requested a handset replacement and am on the waiting list for one. This will be my 4th Treo600.

Don't know if this helps at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf777

NO! It is not worth it. The reception is worse, calls are dropping frequently, the "wireless" mode randomly turns off, and GRPS connects slower and is more problematic.

Now comes the complicating factor. I have also changed phones between the 3.04 CROW to current 3.05 ROW firmware. Therefore, my issues could be specific to the handset I have currently versus the one I was using previously. I have requested a handset replacement and am on the waiting list for one. This will be my 4th Treo600.

I have the 3.05 ROW version, and don't have any of the issues you describe. In fact, my experience is the opposite of yours on each of your problems.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I have the 3.05 ROW version, and don't have any of the issues you describe. In fact, my experience is the opposite of yours on each of your problems.
    I went from the CROW 3.04 (unofficial) version to ROW 3.05 version (INT unlocked version). I think the phone is more stable with fewer resets. Everything seems better (but it's a subjective feeling).
  8.    #8  
    I have very few resets - maybe once every couple of weeks?

Isn't there anyone out there who has T-Mobile, and who has upgraded from CROW?
    Shneor
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I have very few resets - maybe once every couple of weeks?

Isn't there anyone out there who has T-Mobile, and who has upgraded from CROW?
    I'm on T-Mobile. using CROW 3.04. I'm in no hurry to upgrade to 3.05.

I have heard mixed results and I'm pretty satisfied with 3.04.
    Interested in checking other people's experiences tho.
    Anyone have any benefits using the TMO update as opposed to the ROW version. Like their claimed faster gprs etc etc.
    I've had the same phone and upgraded about two weeks ago from CROW 3.04 to the TMo update 3.05. I don't see any difference at all. The first thing I tested was speed- no difference. Resets- maybe fewer, but I think it's in my head. None of my screen logos changed, nothing.

I'm not sure if this helps, but for the "enhancements" PalmOne / TMo claim your getting (compared to 3.04), and the amount of trouble some folks have had with its installation, I don't think it's worth it.
    Can someone who upgraded to the TMo 3.05 confirm if it at least fixed things such as the downloading ringtones issue...
    Quote Originally Posted by manielse
    Can someone who upgraded to the TMo 3.05 confirm if it at least fixed things such as the downloading ringtones issue...
    Sorry, I don't download ringtones since LightWave. I would be happy to test it for you. Where are you downloading ringtones? Before the upgrade I downloaded a couple from a site and had no problem. Again, I'm happy to try it out.
  14.    #14  
    Winebrat,
    Thanks for your response. Actuallu, PalmOne says you need the upgrade if you have below 1.12.
    Shneor
  15. noc
    the "official" T-Mo one came out. Should I try to install the T-Mo specific one or don't bother? Are they the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf777

I'm having the same issue. Do I need to replace the phone?!?! The callin gout is VERY delayed when I use the keypad as well as my speed dial from the phone book. It's also getting way worse reception. ANy advice from the wise? Should I get a new phone? I waited for Handspring tech support for over 35 minutes this AM so something tells me others are experiencing issues....