Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It amazes me, how in some cases, I feel pretty bright (read average). However, in others, I may over look the most simple things. I guess it depends where my mind is at, or not at, that day.

Anyway, here is a list of some things that I found that the treo can do, that are very basic I would think, but I have overlooked them and they are very useful in most cases.

So if anyone else out there is brave enough to admit that they too overlooked to push for doors labled "push" and pull for a door labled "pull" and are one of the "gifted" (nice way to say that you miss the obvoius sometimes) folks, please share with us.

Being an Aggie and thus, probably more "gifted" then the averge not so bright at one time person, I'll go first.

Caveat: This post is not ment to offend anyone, I am poking fun at myself and how I overlook things sometimes, as well as helping fellow Treo owners that may be in this same poor ship, sinking quickly.
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 06/10/2004 at 04:07 AM.
  2.    #2  
    I saw the choice in the options in Pocket Tunes to make the side ringer keys work for volume up and down in Pocket Tunes.

I know that they work in Pocket Tunes too. However, when in other app, the five-way does not work, so I guess I never tried the side keys, or assumed they would not work.

Anyway, it sure is nice to be in any app, with PT playing in the background and having the ability to change the volume with the sleft side buttons.

Now I can play Klondike and control the volume of PT too...

Pocket Tunes-Menu-Background Prefs-Enable Treo600 Volume buttons
  3.    #3  
    I use the alarm in the calendar app about 99% of the time.
    I find that 95% of the time I use the same value of 5min.

I found that you can set a preset time and I find it very handy.

Calendar app-Menu-Options-Sound Preferences-Application=Calendar-Tones-Alarm Preset

I use 5min, so now when I put an appointment in the calendar, it's already tunred on.... Gotta like it

And to think, I have had m Treo since 10/03 and I just found this trick..where have I been...
    Well that trick only works for pocket-tunes proper and not the deluxe version.
    We have to assign a hardbutton to bring up a lil box with the slider control, arrowed back/forward play and pause options when in other apps. Which when console is brought up the 5 way nav vol. can be used. Real cool!
    Remember we have shoutcast, which is indespensable for those that love talk radio, alternative music flavor, NPR, Christian broadcasts and more (like myself). Your "discovery" of the calendar presets was overlooked by my "gifted" **** too. Thanx.
    Thanx for all your contributions to this board as well as I always check for yours and many others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I use the alarm in the calendar app about 99% of the time.
    I find that 95% of the time I use the same value of 5min.

I found that you can set a preset time and I find it very handy.

Calendar app-Menu-Options-Sound Preferences-Application=Calendar-Tones-Alarm Preset

I use 5min, so now when I put an appointment in the calendar, it's already tunred on.... Gotta like it

And to think, I have had m Treo since 10/03 and I just found this trick..where have I been...
    LOL, same here Burk, I've had mines since Oct too and I just found out last week that you can change the Alarm FROM 5 mins to anything else. This is important because I need a good 30 minutes head start if I need to be somewhere.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I just found out recently that Menu+C and Menu+P does copy and paste, no matter where you are in the menus. I used to press Menu, then move to the right to get to the Edit menu, then pressed C for COPY!!

Had mine since 12/03...
    One of my favorites that most people probably know is that the power button (screen button) held down locks the screen. Very handy so you don't have to option-screen to lock.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    Well that trick only works for pocket-tunes proper and not the deluxe version. We have to assign a hardbutton to bring up a lil box with the slider control, ...
    No, with Pocket Tunes Deluxe the side volume controls continue to work when in other applications. "Enable Treo 600 volume buttons." It's a checkbox on the Background Preferences screen. Works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216
    I just found out recently that Menu+C and Menu+P does copy and paste, no matter where you are in the menus. I used to press Menu, then move to the right to get to the Edit menu, then pressed C for COPY!!

Had mine since 12/03...
    Wow thanks so much that will be a great help.

Had mine since 12/03...
    It gets even better - supports cut (Menu-X), Select ALL (Menu-S) and Undo (Menu-U). Thanks for blazing the trail!
    This just keeps getting better - The Menu button is the universal graffiti shortcut stroke - press Menu and ANY shortcut letter and it will invoke option - I was in Scrabble and hit Menu-N and it started a new game.

cleveland216 is a genius.
    While in a note:

Menu - S then left on the nav button jumps you to the beginning

Menu - S then right on the nav button jumps you to the end
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    This just keeps getting better - The Menu button is the universal graffiti shortcut stroke - press Menu and ANY shortcut letter and it will invoke option - I was in Scrabble and hit Menu-N and it started a new game.

cleveland216 is a genius.
    This is in the manual, so I don't know if that qualifies as genius work. RTFM, as they say.

Andy
    shift + space bar acts like a tab
    shift + c clears your calculator
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e
    This is in the manual, so I don't know if that qualifies as genius work. RTFM, as they say.
    Well, when you are as brilliant as I am, you never read the manual. What fun is there in reading the manual?

Thanks for the tips! The menu c and p is gonna save me precious seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    No, with Pocket Tunes Deluxe the side volume controls continue to work when in other applications. "Enable Treo 600 volume buttons." It's a checkbox on the Background Preferences screen. Works fine for me.
    Oh word? You must have a higher version then skid..
    for I have 2.11 and when I open background prefs, you get two options, enable background play and hardbutton assign with a dropdown menu but no option to assign for any such button that would control the volume. Perhaps an upgrade is available. However it is not such a leap to hit a hardbutton to bring up pt and adjust the volume. Just a hop with no skip and jump!
    Last edited by treo600kings; 06/10/2004 at 11:36 PM.
    Thank You!

Had mine since 12/03...

I mean Thank YOU!!!
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treo600kings
    Oh word? You must have a higher version then skid..
    for I have 2.21 and when I open background prefs, you get two options, enable background play and hardbutton assign with a dropdown menu but no option to assign for any such button that would control the volume. Perhaps an upgrade is available. However it is not such a leap to hit a hardbutton to bring up pt and adjust the volume. Just a hop with no skip and jump!
    No, no, no. I have 2.3.4. Get with it man! :-)
    Some tips that I have come across:

You can paste a number from the clipboard into the dialpad view of Phone.

Though it may seem obvious to most of us: I have come across folks who did not know that you could charge and synch your Treo 600 at the same time. That's what the extra socket is for on the synch cable...

In DateBook/Calendar if you dont like some views or you want to have a certain view be the default, you can set thei in the Preferences - set Initial view and Button views. Repeated presses of the Calendar button moves thru the Button views you select.

Press and hold 0 in the dialpad to dial the + symbol - the + means dial the international access code from the coutry I am currently in. It's a handy shortcut instead of typing 0011 or 001 or whatever the international access code is in your country.

The Owner preference in Prefs is the text that appears if you set a password for your handheld in the Security application.

Typing names of applications in the launcher will jump to an application - e.g. type gal to get to Galaxians in the Launcher. Selecting All as category makes this work best.

If you really want to know what is going on inside your handheld, install FileZ to see what's really in your Treo.
Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast