Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    While on a wireless connection with PdaNet 3.0 (not older), hit left on 5 way twice. This will enable you to launch any app on treo that does not use the radio, e.g. don't try to launch Blazer, you can look up a contact but can't dial it, you can open memo, use calc etc.
    Finding contacts - Type first initial, then last name. Usually get the contact in 3 keys or less.

Some apps (palm mail) you can hold shift and your up-down arrow key for a multi selection. I use this when I want to get rid of a bunch of spam. Wish snapper would do this.

m
    Re: Blazer Bookmarks

When I was playing with the bookmarks edit, I realized I can "Drag & Drop" bookmarks into different button locations on the screen.

Before, If I deleted a bookmark I "re-entered" bookmark info into the deleted spot and deleted another existing bookmark. By dragging the existing bookmark into the previous deleted location, I save ALOT of steps.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Don't know if anyone mentioned this previously but you can set Blazer to start with showing you your favorites first so you don't have to wait for your stinkin' slow homepage to load... This saves me time when I'm not looking for something accessed by my homepage.
    Hi Folks- I'm new here and love this thread!

I've read thru this thread and have not found the one thing I think the Treo 600 is missing. Is there any way the it can notify me with an audio tone that I have missed a call? The same goes for voicemail. I would love it if the Treo would beep to indicate that I have a message waiting. In am attempt to hide the my geekdom, I keep my Treo in a bag rather than on a beltclip, so audio notifications will come in handy for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by KatyBug

I've read thru this thread and have not found the one thing I think the Treo 600 is missing. Is there any way the it can notify me with an audio tone that I have missed a call? The same goes for voicemail. I would love it if the Treo would beep to indicate that I have a message waiting. In am attempt to hide the my geekdom, I keep my Treo in a bag rather than on a beltclip, so audio notifications will come in handy for me!

Butler will do this for you. See the home page of this site to download.
  7.    #167  
    The voice mail has one you can set in the “prefs” application, under “sound”. Make sure it says “phone” in the application area on the top on that “Tones” is selected, then you will see where you can set the phone ring type for knowm, unkown and such. At the bottom there is one for voicemail.

As far as missed call, the treo will make an alert for that (Via attention manager (the one that puts the asterisk on the screen on the top left)), you may want to use TreoButler or TreoAlrtMgr to have it remind you of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lb505
    Butler will do this for you. See the home page of this site to download.
    I just installed Butler and it works like a charm! Thanks for your help. What a fab site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    The voice mail has one you can set in the “prefs” application, under “sound”. Make sure it says “phone” in the application area on the top on that “Tones” is selected, then you will see where you can set the phone ring type for knowm, unkown and such. At the bottom there is one for voicemail.)),
    Hi there-I have this feature on already, but it only alerts me once. I was looking for something that kept bugging me until I turned it off. Butler seems to do the trick! Thanks for the advice.
  10.    #170  
    Hi there-I have this feature on already, but it only alerts me once. I was looking for something that kept bugging me until I turned it off. Butler seems to do the trick! Thanks for the advice.
    KBug- No problem, plus you helped me. I know why mine goes on and on...it the ring tone, it's really long. I didn't know it works that way. It's kind of neat IMHO.

load any of these three Midi tones (they will work on your Treo as is) you can either send them via email, link your Treo to this post and it will laod them from here.

ANyway, if you have one of these as a voice mail ringer, it will go on and on for some time. Learn something new everyday...LOL
  11.    #171  
    well I guess the admins have MIDI files disabled?
    Save this zip file to your PC and then unzip it and you will find the three tones..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treeoh
    OK this has to be an easy answer!

When you get a call while on a call how do you disconnect just one of the calls and not both (Hang up all)

Is there a way, when Synch'ing, to have Outlook copy the dates and contacts from the PC to the Treo and also have the Treo update the PC with the same?
    Thanks in advance for the help!

To only hang up one call press the backspace key while on the call you are disconnecting from. It will appear that both are gone; but in about 3 secs, your phone will ring; and when you answer, you'll discover it's your other call. It should be simpler than this, but at least it's possible.

Don't know about Outlook synching.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

TreoAlert Manager from PDApps will also do what you ask
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    The Treo600 has almost eliminated the need for me to pull out the stylus, but there is one thing I can't figure out how to do with the help of the stylus or, more clumsily, a fingernail tip.

Does anyone have a keyboard alternate for selecting a block of text from a start position to an end position similar to holding the shift key on a PC?

thanks,
    Try TreoSelecText. I bought the full version. Worth every penny!
    Did you guys know that on Directory Assistant, after your business search comes up and you want to save the name, number, address in your contacts, just click "copy" and check "New Address Book Entry". Then hit the COPY button.

Haven't tried Residential but I'm sure it works the same.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I have a program called List Pro that keeps track of all my lists. I changed the To Do button to my List Pro app. Everytime I sync. that button defaults to the To Do app. My List Pro is being updated, but it no longer resides in that button. Any tips?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Try TreoSelecText. I bought the full version. Worth every penny!
    Thanks... that's exactly what I wanted.
  19. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mayorga
    The caller ID in my land line is really simplistic and only give the number, I would like to do a find on my treo contacts with the phone number and get the name of the parson how called. I don't know how to do it on my treo or my old m130 for that matter. Do you know how to do that?

Thank you in advance.
    Just do a search,(silver key, search key) and enter the last 4 digits of the phone number. If you have the number in your contact list it pops up.
    Posted this question earlier, but the solution does not seem to work for me (post 69). Is there a keyboard shortcut that allows you to check a task in the Palm To Do app? It is hard to hit that little box, especially when it is so close to the edge of the screen.