Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Nice thread. I read it quickly and summarized the best hints in my opinion (hope I didn't miss any good ones):

shift - space = tab
    shift - c = clear calculator

option-shift = Find
    option-return = OK
    option p - dims screen and keeps keyboard on

menu x = cut
    menu s = select all
    menu u = undo
    menu s - left = scrolls to begining of note
    menu s - right = scrolls to end of note

spacebar = toggle speakerphone
    spacebar = lists phone number in favorites

HotSyncing wirelessly (without USB)

1. Open port 14237 or 14238 on primary PC
    2. In HotSync options, goto Modem Sync Prefs... and make sure Network is selected
    3. In HotSync options, goto LANSync Prefs... and make sure LANSync is selected
    4. In HotSync options, goto Primary PC Setup... and change your Primary PC Name to "!!" (without quotes). Change Primary PC Address to your PC's public IP....
    5. Also, on the main HotSync screen, select Modem and choose your wireless network connection (mine is PCS Vision).
    In HS Mail I just discovered if you delete a pic from your Pictures Folder on the Treo and decide you want it back. IF you sent that pic as a E-mail, go to the "Sent" section, find it, click on the .jpg file in the email and it will be restored to your handset. (It doesn't work if you just sent the pic straight over as "Share")
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    In DocumentsToGo 7 - Excel, if you hold OPTION + 5way you can scroll around cell by cell. Very useful.
    ok- since you guys seemed the brightest-- any ideas on this one?

I've searched everywhere-- is it possible to hide the To Do list from the daily calendar? i know there's the separate To Do list via application launcher. often i have multiple to do's on one day (like 8-10) and it takes up too much space.
    what would be perfect would be one note on the due date, informing me that there is a To Do due(s) that day.

if that's not possible, i'd settle for nothing appearing on each day and i'll just get into the habit of checking the To Do list daily- if i can get them off my daily calendar.

any ideas?

thanks!
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras
    ok- since you guys seemed the brightest-- any ideas on this one?

I've searched everywhere-- is it possible to hide the To Do list from the daily calendar? i know there's the separate To Do list via application launcher. often i have multiple to do's on one day (like 8-10) and it takes up too much space.
    what would be perfect would be one note on the due date, informing me that there is a To Do due(s) that day.

if that's not possible, i'd settle for nothing appearing on each day and i'll just get into the habit of checking the To Do list daily- if i can get them off my daily calendar.

any ideas?

thanks!
    Will this work?
    Go to the calendar and make two new "to-do's" for the current day (for testing purposes). Then check if you can see them in both the calendar and todo application. You should see them in both.
    Then go to the calendar app and select "menu", then "options", then "to do preferences".In the "show catagoreis", unselect of them. Hit ok.
    Now go to the calendar app, they (the test todo's) should not be there anymore, however, if you go to the to-do app, you will see them.
    Regards, Matt
    I read the earlier post about setting up quick keys under favorites. I have assigned letters as instructed, but at no point do they actually work. I assume that if I have set up "H" as the quick key for my phone to dial home, I can press and hold "H" from most locations and have it dial. However, I cannot get this to work -- it just beeps at me.

Am I missing something?

Also, any commands that allow one to scroll by screen or to the end of a memo pad document would be great. The silver key, 5-way down scrolls the list, but not the actual document.
  7.    #147  
    The favorites only work from the Phone application in the OE form. However, if you get Treo Butler (I think it's just Butler now) and enable "k-Launch", you can do this from anywhere just about. Also, Treo Butler has a mess of other cool features too.
    OE form? I don't know what this is.

I just tried hitting a quick key while in the keypad screen. Nothing.

Thanks.
  9.    #149  
    In the OE form, is to say in the original equipment state, the way it cam efrom Handspring and/or PalmOne.
    In the origianl state, one can only launch a favorite from the Phone application. One needs to have TreoBulter to do it from any location. You can get a trial of butler to try.
    You are wanting to be able to launch a favorite from any screen just about, correct? I love this, I can hold the "1" key down in almost any app and call my Voice Mail.
    let me know if you need more info. Matt
    this is prolly obvious to most of you, but if you categorize your apps
    then if you keep pressing the home-button, it rotates-thru the categories.
    (also, the sd-card is one of the categories [with any apps youve put on it])

watching the upper-right-corner for the category-name and/or seeing the
    icon (with a couple left/right-5-way-clicks to select) is easier than trying
    to remember the correct name (in cat-ALL) and typing with my fat-thumbs.

btw - it skips the Unfiled-category, so you can put all the unused-apps there.
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    In the instructions for hotsyncing wirelessly, the only think I don't get is how to open a port on the primary pc. Can someone explain how to do that?
    i cannot for the life of me figure out how to disable the feature that automatically capitalizes the first word of every sentence (and the word "i"). it can't be difficult, but i can't find it in any menu. help?
    I thought the phone did that automatically.
    I don't remember setting up those features and mine does it.
    it does it automatically but i don't want it to.
    you cannot satisfy all the people - all the time. this feature (auto-capitalization) is a boon to most users and is prolly set inside the executable that each application creates. i doubt that it is a library-call which could be turned-off (altho if it were an external grammar-application that links into the main-app, then you could have a shot at tricking it). youll need to find/write an application that does NOT have this feature - to use - instead of the one that does...

btw - random-capitalization-issues have always plagued/annoyed me as well. i wish you good luck. ive stopped fighting it, and just accept the default in most cases - even when the default changes from model-to-model...
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron

Though it may seem obvious to most of us: I have come across folks who did not know that you could charge and synch your Treo 600 at the same time. That's what the extra socket is for on the synch cable...
    **** I bought another special cable for this!.... LOL This is great, time to dig into that box
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    HotSyncing wirelessly (without USB)

1. Open port 14237 or 14238 on primary PC
    2. In HotSync options, goto Modem Sync Prefs... and make sure Network is selected
    3. In HotSync options, goto LANSync Prefs... and make sure LANSync is selected
    4. In HotSync options, goto Primary PC Setup... and change your Primary PC Name to "!!" (without quotes). Change Primary PC Address to your PC's public IP....
    5. Also, on the main HotSync screen, select Modem and choose your wireless network connection (mine is PCS Vision).

I don't understand step one...maybe a sign that I shouldn't mess with it...
    OK this has to be an easy answer!

When you get a call while on a call how do you disconnect just one of the calls and not both (Hang up all)

Is there a way, when Synch'ing, to have Outlook copy the dates and contacts from the PC to the Treo and also have the Treo update the PC with the same?
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    In Blazer - More Menu Shortcuts
    menu b - back
    menu f - forward
    menu h - home

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    shared a couple foto with a message. wanted to send same photo message to someone I forgot. it was not in snapper sent emails. where was it?

also, how do you attach a photo to an e mail message.

thanks