Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    Similar to the editing favourites tip a page or so back in this thread I've just found that you can move your bookmarks around in Blazer. This is especially handy if you have a preloaded page from your service provider that you can't edit or delete.
    When in bookmarks view click on Edit. You will see a page of ten bookmarks and below that an overview of ten pages of bookmarks. You can move bookmarks around using your stylus to drag and drop within the page they are currently on, or by dragging them down to the overview page you can move them to another page. Lastly you can shuffle the pages themselves. No longer are my bookmarks simply in the order I bookmarked them!
    You can also rename each page but you only have a certain number of characters.
    Thanks Peter! I hated not being able to delete bookmarks I didn't want, now I can move them out of view.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e
    Option-p changes the brightness of the screen to bright or dim, based on your current setting. Useful if you like to keep your screen dimmed but need to brighten it when you walk outside (no comment on the percentage of people on this board who don't get outside very much).
    Anyone know how to set dim as the default brightness for the screen?
    Don't know if this would help but if you press and hold 1 on your keypad while on the dial pad screen it will dial your voicemail.
    yes...but you have to set it up first (unless your service provider sets it up for you)
    Hey, I've read all of the previous posts in this thread and havn't come across this one yet...
    If you hold down the up arrow and then hit the menu key, it pops up the cut, copy, paste dialog on the bottom of the screen. Perfect when you are entering in text and the menu+c options are not available.

Has anyone created a list of keyboard shortcuts yet?
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    The list is right in here...why do you need any other...
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    Hey, I've read all of the previous posts in this thread and havn't come across this one yet...
    If you hold down the up arrow and then hit the menu key, it pops up the cut, copy, paste dialog on the bottom of the screen. Perfect when you are entering in text and the menu+c options are not available.

Has anyone created a list of keyboard shortcuts yet?
    In what applications does this function work? I'm not experiencing what you describe.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    In what applications does this function work? I'm not experiencing what you describe.
    It doesn't matter what app your in. Are you at least getting a small popup window at the bottom of the screen?
    If you don't have anything selected, or anything copied into memory, the cut, copy, and paste buttons won't show up in that small window.

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    no. nothing
    You probably have Butler installed, that is what is giving you that pop up box. Try it without holding the up arrow it should work anyway. Its an option in Butler to hold menu key to give you the command bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by drhersh
    You probably have Butler installed, that is what is giving you that pop up box. Try it without holding the up arrow it should work anyway. Its an option in Butler to hold menu key to give you the command bar.
    Your right... If I didn't have Butler installed, is there a way to get the command bar to pop up using the keypad? Not like I'm gonna uninstall Butler, but just to file it away.

I don't have Butler installed and UP ARROW + MENU does nothing useful.

B
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Sure wish I had an actually useful shortcut or comment, but all I have is a "Mongo-ish" utility. When I go into my son's rooms in the middle of the night, I use the Treo as a mini-flashlight to avoid getting a Lego or Buzz Lightyear action figure embedded in my foot. That screen is bright!

Cheers,
    Lactoso
    does anyone know or any way to keep the keyboard on while you type? is there any tricks for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsito
    does anyone know or any way to keep the keyboard on while you type? is there any tricks for this?
    ProfeoLC
  16.    #136  
    Whilst in the Phone application, if you have the "Redial List" pop up by mistake (mine is set to the middle button of the 5-way), you can hit the 5-way on the left or right and it will dismis the Redial List. I have had my Treo since 10/03 and just figured this out....LOL
    mLights
    Brightcam
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Accidentally discovered that when you push the shift button (solid silver in lower left corner) and then the caps button you get the "search" feature. This allows you to search for a word and Treo will search all applications looking for that word. Great tool!

I later noticed the little magnifying glass icon on the caps button and realized this was a "search" icon. Then I didn't feel too bright anymore.

"Manuals? We don't need no stinkin' manuals!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Whilst in the Phone application, if you have the "Redial List" pop up by mistake (mine is set to the middle button of the 5-way), you can hit the 5-way on the left or right and it will dismis the Redial List. I have had my Treo since 10/03 and just figured this out....LOL
    NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast