Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    When you're on the fence about a purchase and need to think about it or get someone else's opinon, take a pic! The camera also comes in handy for copying small documents and recipe's in a pinch.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    One small frustration: if a contact has an extension, it is not displayed when scanning the address book or upon dialing. e.g. the number (212) 555-8000 x323 only shows up as (212) 555-8000.

Does anyone know if it is possible to tell the Treo to dial the extension upon a keypress after dialing the main number? -- Without having to add those contacts into the favorites?
    one of my favorites, that reveals thr thoughtfulness of the design team, is that in Blazer u can hit spacebar to automatically take u to the bottom of the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by thundt
    Speaking of alarms: I wish there was an app that could alarm in a short period of time, say, 3 or 5 minutes. Good for cooking eggs (3 min), spaghetti (8 min), etc. Ideally it would have a bunch of presets like the phone app has, one button per time. Does such a thing exist? (It should.)

(Yes, I know I can set an alarm, but that's such a pain, and clutters up the calendar, besides.)
    TikTok by Mike McCollister www.MikeMcCollister.com/palm/
    Thanks for all these tips! Is it still possible to access the shortcut command (like ts, ds, etc) without using Graffiti?
    Press "S"
    Press "ALT 0"
    Scroll the bottom
  7.    #87  
    or download Shortcuts5, it allows you to assign "." for the prompt. Much easier, make the "shortcut" a shortcut again..
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim
    TikTok by Mike McCollister www.MikeMcCollister.com/palm/
    I have been thoroughly impressed with Bob's Alarm. It has timers, alarms, and a stopwatch that turned my T600 into an awesome travel alarm clock and timer combo. I travel a lot for work and it does my wake-ups as well as anything else I need to have timed. Plus, the developer is very, very responsive to feature requests and bug fixes - unlike anything I've seen before. More detail's at:

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...roductId=90187
    How would you like to Retire In The Sun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    or download Shortcuts5, it allows you to assign "." for the prompt. Much easier, make the "shortcut" a shortcut again..
    Where do you get Shortcuts5?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Snipped ...

Though it may seem obvious to most of us: I have come across folks who did not know that you could charge and synch your Treo 600 at the same time. That's what the extra socket is for on the synch cable...

...snipped
    ROTFLMAO!! I can't believe I never figured that out!!!!
    Thanks!! BTW, I am a former Austinite. Sure miss Chuy's and Town Lake!
    I travel a lot internationally. As a result the numbers I have stored do not always match the dialing rules of the country I'm in. If I go to contacts and find the number I want to dial and tap the number with the stylus the treo will let me edit it before I dial. Is there a way of doing this with just the keyboard? Its a pain when I'm driving to try to pull the stylus and hit the number. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    One of my favorites that most people probably know is that the power button (screen button) held down locks the screen. Very handy so you don't have to option-screen to lock.
    I've always wondered... what's the difference between hitting option+POWER and just pressing POWER? Both seem to activate the keyguard. I'm confused!

By the way, I'm new here. Hi everybody!
  14.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by capecod-ken
    I travel a lot internationally. As a result the numbers I have stored do not always match the dialing rules of the country I'm in. If I go to contacts and find the number I want to dial and tap the number with the stylus the treo will let me edit it before I dial. Is there a way of doing this with just the keyboard? Its a pain when I'm driving to try to pull the stylus and hit the number. Thanks in advance.
    If you travel a lot, try TAKEphONE. It has a setting in the Options menu on the main dial screen, under "telephony, were you can set rules like

Dial from
    County XX Area-Code XX
    Dialing rules- I dial
    XX before internatinal calls
    XX before calls out of area code

Outside line prefix
    Long distance XX
    Local XX

You can get a free trial at http://www.shsh.com/products/takephone.html

http://www.shsh.com/products/index.html

TAKEphONE is VERY POWERFUL, it may seem a little complicated at first, but you can catch on fast, and only use what you need for the time being. Also, the author, Shimon is very helpful and prompt as well.

Hope this is helpful
  15.    #96  
    Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Snipped ...

Though it may seem obvious to most of us: I have come across folks who did not know that you could charge and synch your Treo 600 at the same time. That's what the extra socket is for on the synch cable...

...snipped
    Quote Originally Posted by linksavage
    ROTFLMAO!! I can't believe I never figured that out!!!!
    THIS WAS THE WHOLE IDEA OF THIS POST. I TOO HAVE OVERLOOKED MANY OBVIOUS/SIMPLE/BASIC THINGS....

We are human you know

Linksavage, Chuy's rules! All of there places
    Shady Grove
    Chuy's
    Hulla Hut
    Boat Yard
    Romeo's
    I also hear a rumor they own the local frachise of Krispy Kreme in Austin too!
    another really basic one: delete key ends the phone call.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffeynboo
    One feature that I found to be very handy the opt-return key button acts the same as the "OK" icon. I remember reading this is in the manual after I discovered it while experimenting, but it was a small blurb.
    When setting the time for an alarm, for example, I just use the 5-way button to navigate through the hour and minute, then hit opt-return to set the time. It's also very handy with Pocket Quicken.

Jeff
    You can actually use the number pad on the keyboard to enter the time of an appointment. Use "p" or "a" for pm & am!
    Similar to the editing favourites tip a page or so back in this thread I've just found that you can move your bookmarks around in Blazer. This is especially handy if you have a preloaded page from your service provider that you can't edit or delete.
    When in bookmarks view click on Edit. You will see a page of ten bookmarks and below that an overview of ten pages of bookmarks. You can move bookmarks around using your stylus to drag and drop within the page they are currently on, or by dragging them down to the overview page you can move them to another page. Lastly you can shuffle the pages themselves. No longer are my bookmarks simply in the order I bookmarked them!
    You can also rename each page but you only have a certain number of characters.
    Animo et Fide
    Is it possible to copy/paste/duplicate a Favorites button? I made buttons for direct calling-card calls and I want to make more without having to enter the whole card/pin information.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast