Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    On some apps, the backspace key (arrow to left) will act as the delete promt. You still have to comferm, but it's a nice time saver. I tink the photo and SMS app use this, as well as some others. I wish snapper mail did
    In Snapper, keys act this way. The D key deletes the message; the J key junks it. The F key gives a list of files (in the index) if one message is selected, or a selection of fonts (in an open message.) I have not been able to find documentation of this. The Snapper site says that it provides keyboard support for Treos, but does not say what it is. If anyone knows where this is documented, I would like to see the link.

From the list view: e empties trash; m gets mail; r gets preferences; other letters do different things as well. It depends in part on whether a file is highlighted or not.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mayorga
    The caller ID in my land line is really simplistic and only give the number, I would like to do a find on my treo contacts with the phone number and get the name of the parson how called. I don't know how to do it on my treo or my old m130 for that matter. Do you know how to do that?

Thank you in advance.
    For that I use FIND, which searches everything including the address book. Just enter in the number and search.

On the Treo its option key+shift. On the m130 it should be the magnifying glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e
    Option-p changes the brightness of the screen to bright or dim, based on your current setting. Useful if you like to keep your screen dimmed but need to brighten it when you walk outside (no comment on the percentage of people on this board who don't get outside very much).
    this is handy, but i noticed that when you put keylock on the setting goes back to very bright. i prefer to have the dim one on all the time since it will save on battery and i usually dont need superbright. any way to make the dimmer setting the default?

great thread!
  4. viturin
    Quote Originally Posted by cleveland216
    I just found out recently that Menu+C and Menu+P does copy and paste, no matter where you are in the menus. I used to press Menu, then move to the right to get to the Edit menu, then pressed C for COPY!!

Had mine since 12/03...
    CAREFUL... I used:
    MENU-S to select all
    MENU-C to copy
    MENY-P to paste

.... so far so good. works in all applications... EXPCEPT IN THE SMS APPLICATION WHERE CTRL-S INITIATES A "SEND"...

--Viturin
    Here's a good tip: HotSyncing wirelessly (without USB)...........
    Slow, but VVVEEEERRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY convenient.

I hate to go over all of the settings, because it can get complicated when routers and firewalls are added to your primary PC's network configuration.

But here are some clues:
    1. Open port 14237 or 14238 on primary PC
    2. In HotSync options, goto Modem Sync Prefs... and make sure Network is selected
    3. In HotSync options, goto LANSync Prefs... and make sure LANSync is selected
    4. In HotSync options, goto Primary PC Setup... and change your Primary PC Name to "!!" (without quotes). Change Primary PC Address to your PC's public IP....
    5. Also, on the main HotSync screen, select Modem and choose your wireless network connection (mine is PCS Vision).

I don't think I'm missing any steps, but if you are trying but can't get it going, I'm sure there's some threads here that will explain the rest..........................
    Quote Originally Posted by wahooka
    this is handy, but i noticed that when you put keylock on the setting goes back to very bright. i prefer to have the dim one on all the time since it will save on battery and i usually dont need superbright. any way to make the dimmer setting the default?

great thread!
    See my post (#55) on the previous page...
    Do any of you short cut master know of a way to check off a task as complete without trying to hit the little box with your finger. I think it should be somethign like a left on the 5-way once you are in a task to highlight the check box and then a center hit on the 5-way, but this is not the case. Any suggestions?
    thanks latca, is that you on your signature??
    Quote Originally Posted by nicker
    Do any of you short cut master know of a way to check off a task as complete without trying to hit the little box with your finger. I think it should be somethign like a left on the 5-way once you are in a task to highlight the check box and then a center hit on the 5-way, but this is not the case. Any suggestions?
    Press the Opt key the the Return key, or alternatively, press the Caps key (arrow up) then the Return key.
    Not a true Treo OS tip, but convenient all the same - In Avantgo, pressing and holding the left and right keys lets you navigate forward and backward within the browser. Now if only they had done the same thing in Blazer (though pressing backspace takes you one page back)
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mayorga
    thanks latca, is that you on your signature??
    Nope not me. If it were I wouldn't leave the house much.
    A related question: how do I use the keys to access the different bookmark pages in Blazer (those at the top of the sreen)?
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    A related question: how do I use the keys to access the different bookmark pages in Blazer (those at the top of the sreen)?
    I think the only way is to use the right and left center control though you do have to go left or right twice to get to the next page.

A good trick which may be overlooked is to use the space key to get to the icons on the bottom (Page View and Bookmarks). To go to the bookmarks from page view hit 'space' 'right' 'enter' (or center). Unfortunately the space bar does not work while in bookmarks. You have to hit 'menu' 'V' (Page View) to go back.
    does anyone know how to select text without using the stylus for free? it would be very helpful to know!!
    thanks
    Last edited by ashleymarks; 06/29/2004 at 05:37 PM.
    treo SelectText is well worth 5 buck.

Find it here: http://tinyurl.com/ywau6
    How do you close connection in Blazer?
  17.    #77  
    You use to not be able to, you had to go to the "prefs" app and select "network prefs" and then tap the disconnect button.

However, I thought with the latest firmware upgrade, you can do it in Blazer now, but I don't see the choice, was it on V1.10 only?

Or you can download TreoShortcuts from ShSh.com and assign a button press to pull up the "Network Prefs" and do it there.
    In the "Favorites" option in the dialer app. There is a menu item called "edit favorites pages". From that option you can re-arrange all the different "Favorites" buttons by dragging and dropping the buttons to another area on the page or another page. In this way you can put your speeddials on one page and apps on anothers, etc.

For a while I was annoyed that I had to re-create the buttons where I wanted them. It's probably an RTFM but I gots me a thick skull... always gotta learn things the hard way. I find they stick better that way.
    Install iRing to be able to move tones from the old Palm OS alerts file to the main phone ringers file. There are three places that Treo stores MIDI - iRing lets you play with them all.
    when on the main phone app screen press the center button of the 5 way pad and it will bring up a list of the most recently called numbers to select from !!!!!
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast