Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    No, no, no. I have 2.3.4. Get with it man! :-)
    Good for you..
    My point being proven by your confirmation of a higher version and not me not being able to find this feature on the 2.11 v.
    Hey, I get free upgrades as do many when registering, so I'm good. Just being busy replacing my pc and not having one for a while with a treo where you may need to hotsync and all can be a pain. I don't even have the Sprint update 1.2 yet. Life is real! My question to you is: Can you jump tunes back & forward ,pause and open pocket tunes fully by pressing the ringer volume on side?? If not then it's not the dopest feature.
    What are some of the improvements in the newer version?
  2.    #22  
    No, volume only.
    I can't wait till PT supports WMA files!

Off the PT site.....
    2.3.4 (4/14/04) - Bug fixes.

2.3 (2/25/04) - Exchange manager support, improved audio quality, and more!

2.2 (1/26/04) - Improved equalizer, new default skin, Zodiac support, and more!

2.1 (11/12/03) - Streaming ShoutCast support, new skins, and more!
  3.    #23  
    Getting some great info so far, nice to know I aint the only one that misses the obvoius/simple stuff sometimes. I like that jump to the top/jump to the bottom of a note/memo trick.

I found that if you have the alarm preset to be on with a calendar entry (like I explaind in the third post of this thread), you can get a daily reminder of a task.

For example, w/o the alram preset, you could enter an "appointmnet" in the calendar for a given day w/o a time (calendar-new-appointment-no time) and when that day comes, it will be seen when you open the calendar app, and only then.

I noticed that with the alarm preset turned on, that at midnight, the treo will pull up that event, and stage an "alert" type box, but not sound the alarm, nor will it stay on all night.

So the first time you turn on the treo for that day, the first thing you see is a nice alert saying what that appointment/task was. Kinda cool I think. I use it as a reminder for a task I have to do that day that I can fit in whenever I get spare time.

When you have the alarm preset to be on, and you enter an untimed event, you will still see the alarm icon at the far right of that line of the appointment/task.

Thanks, Matt
    From the Phone favorites, you can choose any phone number for a contact by moving to the desired button and then hit the space bar. This will bring up a list of all the phone numbers for that contact.

BTW, I also have a gripe w\ this. When you, hit the space bar, the phone type for the stored number doesn't show so I've had to edit the favorite button to indicate the phone type. Why couldn't hitting the space bar show all the phone types and numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    I can't wait till PT supports WMA files!
    You will not have to wait long.

The beta testing has finished, so it should only be a matter of a few days now.

It's worth the wait.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e
    This is in the manual, so I don't know if that qualifies as genius work. RTFM, as they say.

Andy
    Who reads manuals?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    You will not have to wait long.

The beta testing has finished, so it should only be a matter of a few days now.

It's worth the wait.
    SWEET! Thanks
    I am having trouble with the Calendar buttons cycling through different views each time I hit it.

It stays on the same view each time...???

What's up with that?
  9. edj
    Thank you for starting this great thread.
    My great tip is NEVER, NEVER put your Treo in your pocket with the screen facing out or with something else in that pocket. It's likely to cost you sooner or later. (Took me three months before I paid with a cracked screenundefined)
    The related tip is ALWAYS, ALWAYS buy the insurance in case you forget the above.
    When typing accents/symbols you can also scroll through the list by repeatedly pressing the Alt/0 button. I found that easier than using the 5-way navigation button. What? The Treo ships with a manual?
    I don't know if you knew this one. It's no secret, but most people don't read manuals, right? :

From your Favorites, highlight the person you want to call and press spacebar. This will show you all the numbers for this person (work, cell, home), and you can call those numbers directly from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by gekz
    ...From your Favorites, highlight the person you want to call and press spacebar. This will show you all the numbers for this person (work, cell, home), and you can call those numbers directly from there.
    Webslappy mentioned this already. Great info, too....

Also, if you haven't already done so, you can add the little Easter egg in the Prefs app under General by drawing a little counterclockwise circle in the bottom right corner. This will cause a random yellow taxi to go accross the screen - when you least expect it. (I've seen two so far in the past 6 months.)
    Last edited by cleveland216; 06/11/2004 at 11:32 AM.
    A few more...

If you map any mail client to hard button on your Treo, pressing and holding the button will check your mail. It works on all good Mail clients like the Treo Mail application, SnapperMail, Versamail etc.
    PS: What the *@#$ was the patent office thinking when it granted Micro$oft a patent on 'press and hold' for buttons last week? Hold on, let me get a patent for chewing and charge everyone who eats 2c a mouthful.

In the Calendar, tap on the date in the top left corner to see the time.
    In address book (contacts), you can also type first initial then last name of person you're looking for. This often allows you to type fewer characters.
    Anybody know if there's a way to do PageUp and PageDown in the MemoPad app? I have a whole bunch of shopping lists there, and they tend to be pretty long. And it's such a pain to use the scrollbar!
    Speaking of alarms: I wish there was an app that could alarm in a short period of time, say, 3 or 5 minutes. Good for cooking eggs (3 min), spaghetti (8 min), etc. Ideally it would have a bunch of presets like the phone app has, one button per time. Does such a thing exist? (It should.)

(Yes, I know I can set an alarm, but that's such a pain, and clutters up the calendar, besides.)
    Quote Originally Posted by thundt
    Anybody know if there's a way to do PageUp and PageDown in the MemoPad app? I have a whole bunch of shopping lists there, and they tend to be pretty long. And it's such a pain to use the scrollbar!
    You need to get your hands on a copy of HandyShopper (Freeware) I use it for all kinds of list management. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/palm/2624

Will
    Handy: Hitting the Spacebar while on a call switches between speakerphone and (not speakerphone)
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thundt
    Speaking of alarms: I wish there was an app that could alarm in a short period of time, say, 3 or 5 minutes. Good for cooking eggs (3 min), spaghetti (8 min), etc. Ideally it would have a bunch of presets like the phone app has, one button per time. Does such a thing exist? (It should.)

(Yes, I know I can set an alarm, but that's such a pain, and clutters up the calendar, besides.)

Bob's Alarm (and many other alarm clock programs, I imagine) has a timer feature. Set the number of minutes, start the clock, and it will countdown to zero and alarm you, even in the background and/or if you switch the Treo off. I use it for cooking.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Great thread...keep it up!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast