Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Great links. . . Thank you.
    Edit your keypad in Favorites and when you press and hold down a key it dials a number or opens an application:

1 - Sprint Voice Mail
    B - Backgammon game
    C - calculator
    D - mobileDB application
    G - Dials Gavin my son
    I - Internet (palmOne Mobile)
    M - Dials Marci my wife
    P - Memo Pad application
    S - SMS application
    R - SoundRec application
    W - My work phone
    V -Dials my work voice mail and access codes

Regards,
    Audie Johnsen
    Stop Paying for Lotto!
    http://www.boxlotto.com
    Play Lotto...Earn Income!
    http://www.boxlotto.com/lottomagic.htm
    EXCELLENT idea! Thanks!
    * goes off to shortcut every letter on the keyboard ... *
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    This was said before; while you're on the Phone, you can toggle Speakerphone with the spacebar.

You can also toggle Hold with the "." (period) key.

You can start another call (three-way, possibly) by pressing the enter key while you're on a call.

Pressing the enter key again does something!?!?! (I think it automatically pastes the last number you dialed, after you have pressed the enter key the first time.)

And, you can hang up all calls by pressing the backspace key.

If there are any more keys that work on the 600 that I didn't mention, please post them - I'd like to know more (if there's a mute option mainly).
    This thread should have a sticky to keep it at the top. I stumbled upon it and it provides some excellent information.

Now, if I can just get the wireless Hotsync to work.
    It actually does. Please look at the Treo 600 forum under the Suggested readings for Treo 600 users.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I overlooked it there. I was thinking an actual "sticky" rather than a link in a thread that has a stinky would make it a little more obvious. Nevertheless, glad I found it.
    This is Treo's version of "redial". Is there an instant redail shortcut?
    Quote Originally Posted by thundt
    Speaking of alarms: I wish there was an app that could alarm in a short period of time, say, 3 or 5 minutes. Good for cooking eggs (3 min), spaghetti (8 min), etc. Ideally it would have a bunch of presets like the phone app has, one button per time. Does such a thing exist? (It should.)

(Yes, I know I can set an alarm, but that's such a pain, and clutters up the calendar, besides.)
    Try TikTok. It's a freeware program that easily does what you're looking for...

Ryan
    This is a great feature, until you type a lengthy e-mail or document & sometimes use periods & don't want the following letter capitalized. What I do is : backspace, toggle up, toggle down and keep on going. I'm sure it's an easier fix with the keyboard - that's my next toy. Thanks to all for the great tips.
    When i'm on a conference call (using a headset of course) where i'm not speaking much I use the right-toggle to move over to the microphone icon then i can toggle it on and off by using the center button of the 5-way. this way i can quickly move between muted and not-muted and not have to look at the screen.

Just be careful that you really are muted when you think you are if making snide remarks under your breath
    A poster over at mytreo.net posted a great tip about how you can bypass keyguard by holding down the option key while pressing the red power button. Amazing that nobody mentioned this before!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    A poster over at mytreo.net posted a great tip about how you can bypass keyguard by holding down the option key while pressing the red power button. Amazing that nobody mentioned this before!
    This is a great one!! Recently, I've been getting lockups when I'm trying to disable the keyguard so this will be used often. I've only had the phone for almost 2 years and no one knew this!!

Posted this to mtdn as well, but...

This works on the 600 too -- with both the "top" power button as well as the "button #4" power button (furthest to the right from the 5-way)
    I found two things in the sister thread "Cool things that the 650 does that most may overlook thread ", that also apply to the Treo 600:

- There is a hidden terminal in the Network preferences. Go to the Prefs | Network. Connect to GPRS or 1xRTT or whatever. Now open the menu item Options | View Log.
    Tap an insertion point and type ? and hit the enter key (down and left arrow on the keyboard). You see a series of command you can use. All unsupported but very cool stuff - Ping and Finger are the most useful IMO.

- When typing an SMS, holding center brings up the smiley menu.

Anybody found any other goodies in the manual? Some of the things I read here are also in the everpresent "tutorial" app; if you haven't tried it, go check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buis
    - When typing an SMS, holding center brings up the smiley menu.
    Good one Buis.
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Hey, I found another one and found it out all by myself this time:

Custom conversions in Calc!
    You can make buttons in Calc to convert anything into anything: handy for foreign currencies when abroad or add "tablespoons" to Weight/Tmp.

Go to Calc, hit menu-E or Program:Export... to export one of the conversion definitions to the memo pad. There you can edit it and import it again.

To use your own definitions, use the leftmost picklist under the calculator readout field.

Convert away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buis
    Hey, I found another one and found it out all by myself this time:

Custom conversions in Calc!
    You can make buttons in Calc to convert anything into anything: handy for foreign currencies when abroad or add "tablespoons" to Weight/Tmp.

Go to Calc, hit menu-E or Program:Export... to export one of the conversion definitions to the memo pad. There you can edit it and import it again.

To use your own definitions, use the leftmost picklist under the calculator readout field.

Convert away!
    Another good find Buis. I've attached a free app called "Converter" which you may find useful.
    Good Luck
    Attached Files Attached Files
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Here is a tip that i posted that i dont think many saw.
    It really comes in handy when posting from the mobile forum!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=97850
    I've never been able to figure out how to use shortcuts in any app. Say in memopad how would you place a date stamp in memopad ?
    I've never been able to figure out how to use shortcuts in any app. Say in memopad how would you place a date stamp in memopad ?
    type 'S' then blue function button+the zero; then go to the bottom of the list
    select the shortcut symbol and then type 'ds' and you have your datestamp
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast