Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 242
  1. #201  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    What phone? GSM or CDMA and who is the carrier? Perhaps it's a frimware deal?

    I use Sprint - doesn't work for me.
  2. #202  
    Thanks for all of the tips so far...

    I'm looking for a way to automatically disable the ringer during the times that I have an appointment scheduled. Treo knows the time and knows I have an appointment, so it should be able to do this. Of course, this would be an option (with a default setting) that I could select to be either on or off for each appointment...

    Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

    Thanks,
    Mike
  3. #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by work2fish
    Thanks for all of the tips so far...

    I'm looking for a way to automatically disable the ringer during the times that I have an appointment scheduled. Treo knows the time and knows I have an appointment, so it should be able to do this. Of course, this would be an option (with a default setting) that I could select to be either on or off for each appointment...

    Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

    Thanks,
    Mike
    You can use BrightCam which controls light and sound. The sound controls enable you to set the volume during an appointment with a certain character sequence at the begining of the appointment name.
  4. #204  
    Didn't Search before posting...

    The Treo still processes sound when your phone is on silent mode. So, If you use Call Filter or Lightwav, PocketTunes will be running until you acknowledge the phone call or alert for the duration of the sound file. So, you can set your phone to vibrate, but use your headphones to still hear your normal ring tone/mp3/wav.
  5.    #205  
    In the Memo Application
    When you open a memo and want to close it fast (say it was not the one you were looking for), hit the center button of the 5-way twice and it will exit out of the open memo, back to the list screen. You can even do this after you type in the currently open memo too.
  6. #206  
    Here's a real basic one that anyone on here probably knows but a few people I know did not (and their continued attempts to use the stylus and fingernail show they are a bit slow).

    In the sprint bc email program - instead of trying to hit the tiny buttons to delete, compose, sync and call at the bottom of the screen - just push the 5way to the right.

    1 right and hit the center button = selects the message and deletes it
    2 = compose
    3 = sync
    4 = call.

    for 2, 3, and 4 the message that you were on is "selected" - ie the box is checked - but nothing happens to the message.

    I hardly even look anymore.
  7. #207  
    Can someone please help a newbie on how to assign a specific ringer to a contact and how to set a recurring alarm?
  8. darjay's Avatar
    Posts
    192 Posts
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    #208  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Can someone please help a newbie on how to assign a specific ringer to a contact and how to set a recurring alarm?
    To assign a ringtone for a contact, add the contact to Favorites and then click on the More button. On the next screen, you can select a specific ringtone for that contact.
    This is a standard feature for the Treo600. You can also check out Lightwav to do that and more.
    Darlene

    Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
  9. #209  
    Thanks a bunch, I already knew that one, but I didnt want to have to put 20+ people in favorites to do so. I guess there is no other way? I am a Sanyo 8200 convert! Thanks! =)

    Quote Originally Posted by darjay
    To assign a ringtone for a contact, add the contact to Favorites and then click on the More button. On the next screen, you can select a specific ringtone for that contact.
    This is a standard feature for the Treo600. You can also check out Lightwav to do that and more.
  10. #210  
    The product Ringo Pro was mentioned here <http://discussion.treocentral.com/showpost.php?p=461022&postcount=21>.Sounds like what you and many others want, but @ $29.95 it is ridiculously expensive.

    The company does offer a special of 3 applications for $39.95 <http://electricpocket.com/products/ringo.html>. Might be worth it.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

    Treo Hater's Club

    Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
  11. djraw's Avatar
    Posts
    370 Posts
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    #211  
    Okay, why doesn't someone put all these tips on one page so we all can just print them out?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
  12.    #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by djraw
    Okay, why doesn't someone put all these tips on one page so we all can just print them out?
    OK...Fine by me....go for it.
  13. #213  
    What is "Favorites"?
  14. #214  
    Date book>Options>Preferences>choose display views for cycling

    where it has Date and a downward triangle choose 2 (hot button location on quick keys)
  15. #215  
    Quote Originally Posted by JsanchezCPA
    I am having trouble with the Calendar buttons cycling through different views each time I hit it.

    It stays on the same view each time...???

    What's up with that?
    Date book>Options>Preferences>
    at this point choose which display views you like for cycling (boxes change from gray to black. you choose the displays you like: ie day,week,month,4month,etc)

    where it has Date and a downward triangle choose 2 (hot button location on quick keys)
    amg123 is online now Edit/Delete Message
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by pinfante
    What is "Favorites"?
    In which context? Application launcher, the app (by ShSh.com) or Blazer or something else? Where did you see "favotrites" used and in what context was it used?
  17. cec
    cec is offline
    cec's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspumper
    can anyone help? my history function doesn't work when I browse. the history is just empty. it's pretty annoying. thanks
    Just browsing the thread and saw one I can answer. Better late than never. I have had this happen to me several times. I think it has to do with a cookie that gets on your Treo and cleans out your history. Clearing the memory from inside Blazer won't remove this cookie.

    1) Go to the launcher screen > menu > delete > scroll down to the item 'web cookies' > enter. This works sometimes.

    2) If it doesn't then you need perform a hard reset to wipe clean your memory.
  18. #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    Thanks a bunch, I already knew that one, but I didnt want to have to put 20+ people in favorites to do so. I guess there is no other way? I am a Sanyo 8200 convert! Thanks! =)
    There are simple ways to accomplish what you want to accomplish but it involves one of a few third-party applications. I use CallFilter to assign specific ringtones (or even mp3's) to my categories of contacts. For example, I assign the category name "family" to all of my family members in the regular contact database. Then I create an easy rule in CallFilter to play "We Are Family" by Sister Sledge whenever anyone in my "family" contact category calls me. PocketTunes handles the actual playing of the music file in the background. Whenever my "golfing group" contact categories call me then I have a Caddyshack wav file play as my ringer. I haven't assigned a ringtone to one specific caller yet but its possible and easy.
  19. #219  
    beantown, would you be willing to share your caddyshack wav file? That would be an awesome one that I haven't been able to find.
  20. #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefWahoo
    beantown, would you be willing to share your caddyshack wav file? That would be an awesome one that I haven't been able to find.
    Chief - The .wav file-type is not on the TC-approved attachment list so I cannot upload. But I'll do one better.....check out these links and Merry Christmas...

    http://www.bushwood.net/shack/sounds.htm

    http://humor.about.com/gi/dynamic/of...%2Fsounds.html
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions