Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    Thanks... that's exactly what I wanted.
    Welcome. Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicker
    Posted this question earlier, but the solution does not seem to work for me (post 69). Is there a keyboard shortcut that allows you to check a task in the Palm To Do app? It is hard to hit that little box, especially when it is so close to the edge of the screen.

Opt+return really should work. Make sure your cursor is sitting somewhere within the list text. Also, make sure your pressing both simultaneously, not Opt then Return.
    AAAHA! I was doing the Opt then Return. Thanks for the clarification cooneyca.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    There is a preferences setting to alert when service connection is lost:

Preferences -> Sound -> Phone [Tones] -> Service Tone = On.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ

ERic
    Cool, that's a lot better than my usual "hello, hello, u still there?" Or realizing after 30 secs of talk that no one is there anymore.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Opt+return really should work. Make sure your cursor is sitting somewhere within the list text. Also, make sure your pressing both simultaneously, not Opt then Return.
    Does anyone know how to do this with Datebook5?
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ

ERic
    ... well I have that option turned on always... but I think that the non user-selectable beep is lacking some power... too soft IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by maj0rglitch
    Don't know if this would help but if you press and hold 1 on your keypad while on the dial pad screen it will dial your voicemail.
    Is it possible to assign other numbers on the dial pad screen to phone numbers? All I find is the ability to assign a letter (which must be typed from the keyboard; not possible from the phone dial pad).
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I found that if you type BUMP it will keep a good thread alive
    Don't know if this one's been mentioned:

In Blazer, if you want to go to a URL (by clicking www etc), just type in the name, Blazer will do the rest. E.g. after you clear the old URL (leave the http), type "yahoo" instead of "www.yahoo.com". I think this only works for .com's
    can anyone help? my history function doesn't work when I browse. the history is just empty. it's pretty annoying. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mhic
    Is it possible to assign other numbers on the dial pad screen to phone numbers? All I find is the ability to assign a letter (which must be typed from the keyboard; not possible from the phone dial pad).
    I chose the letters as favorites that correspond to numbers on the keypad, i.e. my son's cell number is keyed to "D" which also happens to be number 4 on the touchpad. Touching and holding the 4 on either the keypad or touchpad works.

It never occurred to me this wouldn't work, because I am an ***** and don't think digitally. By coincidence, it did work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924
    Does anyone know how to do this with Datebook5?
    I believe Menu, F toggles completion of an item in the list view
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM
    I chose the letters as favorites that correspond to numbers on the keypad, i.e. my son's cell number is keyed to "D" which also happens to be number 4 on the touchpad. Touching and holding the 4 on either the keypad or touchpad works.
    This is exactly what I was asking> However, the only number which actually dials from the touchpad is "1" which dials voicemail. I wonder if I am missing a step or setting, or if there is something else wrong. I press 4 on the touchpad/dialpad and nothing happens, even when that number is assigned to a Favorite.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mhic
    This is exactly what I was asking> However, the only number which actually dials from the touchpad is "1" which dials voicemail. I wonder if I am missing a step or setting, or if there is something else wrong. I press 4 on the touchpad/dialpad and nothing happens, even when that number is assigned to a Favorite.

Thanks.
    It doesn't work for me either on the touchscreen .. only the 1 for voicemail. I have to use the keyboard. Perhaps it's 3rd party app interferring? I have TakePhone and TreoGuard. Are you using any 3rd party phone apps?
  16. jhn
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    In DocumentsToGo 7 - Excel, if you hold OPTION + 5way you can scroll around cell by cell. Very useful.
    Where is the option key
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Bush will win so get a life...
    Mark F Chinsky
    It doesn't work for me either on the touchscreen .. only the 1 for voicemail. I have to use the keyboard. Perhaps it's 3rd party app interferring? I have TakePhone and TreoGuard. Are you using any 3rd party phone apps?
    Well, it's not just me. No, I am using the Treo right out of the box; no 3rd party apps (yet!)
    we are ACE
  20.    #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM

It never occurred to me this wouldn't work, because I am an ***** and don't think digitally. By coincidence, it did work.
    What phone? GSM or CDMA and who is the carrier? Perhaps it's a frimware deal?