1.    #1  
    I loaded Dataviz to test it out.. Well the first message I sent as a test comes in with some BS Address on it from Yahoo.com.. WTF

I thought it was supposed to look like it was sent from my desk?? How come a spammer can spoof an address to look like it came from someone in your own company but my mails from a PDA have to have a different address..

If this is the case.. Then why would I not just set my inbox rules to forward a copy of EVERY back out to my ATT Wireless email account? Or would that make Replying impossible? Because it came from me? This crap is confusing the hell out of me..

I don't need a push mail. I am happy to press check mail when ever I want it..

Is Dataviz still the solution?
    Well to put it blunty...what the heck are you talking about... :-/

Firstly, Dataviz is a company..they make many products. Should I assume that you are using InBox 2 Go?

Are you trying to use POP3 or IMAP with your e-mail program?

If you are using InBox 2 Go...did you also sign up for (or decide to use) their subscription option? Did you enter the right settings for it?

Have you gone into the settings in "the program" and entered your personal e-mail address?

Sorry...but your message makes no sense...and you have provided no information for people to start helping you. That spammer line baffles me...don't even know what you are trying to get at there...
    The only real way to get full outlook on your Treo 600 is to use GoodLink. See links below.
    I'm using Sprint Business Connection and it works great for email if you are on Exchange.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Well to put it blunty...what the heck are you talking about... :-/

Firstly, Dataviz is a company..they make many products. Should I assume that you are using InBox 2 Go?

Are you trying to use POP3 or IMAP with your e-mail program?

If you are using InBox 2 Go...did you also sign up for (or decide to use) their subscription option? Did you enter the right settings for it?

Have you gone into the settings in "the program" and entered your personal e-mail address?

Sorry...but your message makes no sense...and you have provided no information for people to start helping you. That spammer line baffles me...don't even know what you are trying to get at there...
    Sorry for the babble Mike.. I got in to my hotel room late last night and was trying to fire off a message and go to bed... I just read it back

Yes, I was using inbox to go.. I thought I had all the setting correct but again... I only spent an hour setting it up. Also it is the eval copy. Are they different?

I want the email I send to actually LOOK like it came from me...Show MY email address.

The Spam message was disgust... I get spam occasionally in my corporate inbox that actually is "Spoofed" by the spammers to look like it came from a real employee.. It fools you into reading it.. I was annoyed that a spammer can do a better job at remote mail than a legit software company..

Anyway..
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    AT&T's Office Online works very well to get all of Outlook on your PDA, but its through a web interface and you cannot view attachements. I'm also playing with Visto's solution, which works pretty good. Its a client that you install on the Treo 600 itself. The part that stinks is that it limits the size of the message to something like 20k.

The Sprint Business Connection is the best one I've used and its cheap, as long as you have a Sprint Treo. I'm out of luck because I get zero Sprint coverage in the office. I've never used Goodlink, so I cannot comment there.

Joe
    Haha...I hear ya!

Hmm...well the most important question was POP or IMAP access to your e-mail???

Personally...Inbox 2 Go really sucks. I bought it and returned it for a refund about an hour later. It is the worst and most featureless program e-mail I have seen for Palm. I use PAlm VersaMail. I access my personal e-mail (pop) and I have a second account that syncs with my office's exchange server (via IMAP). Both co-exist wonderfully and are easy to punch in/set up your mail settings. If you are using POP...the e-mail program that ships with the Treo ain't half bad.

BTW: VeraMail will also just do a straight sync of your Outlook to if you don't have to access it wirelessly.
    You might try signing up for Seven's beta program. They are the ones who provide the underlying software for Sprint's Business Connection. The advantages to the Seven beta are that it's free and that it makes your Outlook calendar available (synched over the air). For this to work, however, you need to leave your desktop PC connected to your Exchange server (assuming that is the setup you are referring to), booted up, and with the Seven redirector client running in the background.

PM me if you want to know more. I used Sprint's BCS for a long time and have been using the Seven beta for awhile and am very pleased with it. One other feature shared with Sprint's Business Connection is that you can set up a local or network drive location (such as "My Documents") that you can access from the Treo to either view the documents (but not edit them) or send them by e-mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    The only real way to get full outlook on your Treo 600 is to use GoodLink. See links below.

Not really, all you ( or system administrator) have to do is turn on the pop service on the exchange server. Then you can pull your mail off an exchange server via pop. Been doing it for a year - not a problem. And if you can even manage to get the smtp service stared, you can even send.
    I found you can send through smtp.sprintpcs.com if you have Sprint, and you know your account name and password. I use that for my personal ISP account.