Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I asked this on another thread but it would be interesting to find out what mp3's make the best ringtones. I could also ask this question as - what songs/tunes/beeps sound the best for you?

What mp3 do YOU have as a ringtone when you use Lightwav or a similar software?

I have the CTU ringtone from the tv show 24.
    Venga Boys - We Like To Party
    50 Cent - In Da Club
    Hoobastank - The Reason

I prefer to use Wav files instead of mp3 files because I don't like how I have to "refresh" my mp3 list in Pocket Tunes after each time my phone rings.
    I have a list of my favorite hip hop tunes (mp3) play randomely whenever I get a call. I found that instrumentals sound pretty good coming through as a ringer also.
    2fly4u, greetings from Baltimore!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    I asked this on another thread but it would be interesting to find out what mp3's make the best ringtones. I could also ask this question as - what songs/tunes/beeps sound the best for you?

What mp3 do YOU have as a ringtone when you use Lightwav or a similar software?

I have the CTU ringtone from the tv show 24.
    I don't mean to be a pain, but would you mind posting the ringtone file? I hate the Treo ringtones but haven't figured out how to get Lightwav to work. Maybe loading your ringtone would help. Many thanks...
    Some of my favorites are:

Default: "Who let the dogs out?"

I have a work colleague named Scott. For his number I have Frau from Austin Powers yelling "Scott!" assigned.

For my father's numbers I have Darth Vader saying, "I am your father."
    Pressure (Billy Joel) & Mental Health (Quiet Riot) for certain business contacts
    20th Century Fox for people in my office (yes, I work for Fox, and no I can't get you on TV!)
    Mother,Father (Journey) for my parents
    Back To the Future (soundtrack) default
    Matrix Phone (clip) for one friend
    Money (Floyd) for another friend
    Traces of a Mind Lost (KAYDEN) - a band that a bunch of my friends are in & I manage - currently on hiatus if you were wondering about the website
    question: i installed lightwav and when it scanned for sound files, it found nothing. my mp3's are on my 256 sd card. what are i doing wrong?

fyi - my mp3's are stored under the AUDIO/ folder on the card.
    Last edited by dpwaters; 06/10/2004 at 10:26 AM.
    make sure that in general prefs the box next to "Always use PocketTunes" is checked

once my mp3's are set, I usually un-check the box so it doesn't take so long to scan when I open te program.
    Do you have them in a file named "AUDIO" on your card?
    Quote Originally Posted by kayden75
    make sure that in general prefs the box next to "Always use PocketTunes" is checked

once my mp3's are set, I usually un-check the box so it doesn't take so long to scan when I open te program.
    that options is checked. i can play the mp3's in pocket tunes
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Do you have them in a file named "AUDIO" on your card?
    yes
    did i need to install SysZLibARM.prc?

i installed lightwav.prc and gifanim.prc only.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters

maybe that's the problem, although it says in the readme that it's for the gif animation's. I installed all three of those files and it works fine for me.
    You only need Lightwav.prc to run Lightwav for ringers.
    thanks for all of your responses. i found out from support@toysoft.ca that you can only use mps3's that are less than 1meg during the trail period. once i loaded the demo mp3, all is well.

thanks again.
    AH, yep that's true.

Didn't realize you were using the demo version.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters

are you using the demo? if so lwav will only find files less than 1meg.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    I don't mean to be a pain, but would you mind posting the ringtone file? I hate the Treo ringtones but haven't figured out how to get Lightwav to work. Maybe loading your ringtone would help. Many thanks...
    you can't find an mp3 file?
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    are you using the demo? if so lwav will only find files less than 1meg.
    i am but not for long (will be purchasing lightwav) - i got a great response from your support group
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast