1.    #1  
    I am considering purchasing the Intellisync software, but am looking for some feedback before purchasing the software.

How well does it work? Is it reliable? Any general comments?

Can rules be configured -- i.e. only sync calendar entries for the last three months and the next 12 months in the future.

Is it possible to sync with both Lotus Notes calendar and MS Outlook 2003 contacts in one synchronization?

Please advise. Looking forward to everyone's feedback. Thanks.
    I am in the same boat as Rover. I am also looking at this product for syncing with Mozilla Thunderbird.

Any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by rover765
    I am considering purchasing the Intellisync software, but am looking for some feedback before purchasing the software.

Can rules be configured -- i.e. only sync calendar entries for the last three months and the next 12 months in the future.

Is it possible to sync with both Lotus Notes calendar and MS Outlook 2003 contacts in one synchronization?

We used Intellisync with GroupWise on an Ipaq and everything work as advertised. The only problem we ran into was long sync times in the addressbook. The user had somewhere in the range of 2,000-3,000 contacts. Some addressbook categories didn't correctly map which cased all kinds of problems. Let me go out on a limb and also guess that WinCE also played a role in the corruption.

Rules can be configured as you describe above.

I know nothing about Intellisync and Lotus Notes, Outlook or Thunderbird. Sorry...
    Quote Originally Posted by rover765

I've been using Intellisync with Notes 5.0 for quite a while. Generally it works well once you've got it set up an stable. And I'm pretty sure it can do what you need. I have had problems though:
    1) If you add the "location" field to the mapping for calendar (by default this field is not mapped), Intellisync has a problem with matching Repeating Meetings correctly and you end up with lots of annoying duplicate meeting entries in Notes and in the Treo. I think the problem is that in the Treo it stores the location in brackets as part of the "description" field. So when a meeting is brought from Notes into the Treo for the 1st time it changes the "description" to "description (location)". On the next sync it finds that the description is now different in the Treo compared to Notes, so it goes and copies a duplicate meeting (with the brackets) back into Notes. The only solution I've found is to not map the location field which is a bummer since you don't know where to go for meetings! Annoyingly each time you change mappings, it seems to cause lots of duplicate meeting entries. So experimentation can wreak havoc with your calendar.
    2) Don't try using this in combination with the Outlook Connector for Notes. I tried this in the hope that I could stop having to use Lotus Notes client and use outlook instead. This made a right mess of my calendar.
    i use intellisync to...

sync lotus email and calandar
    and...
    outlook 2000 notes, tasks, and contacts
    I use intellisync with outlook and it works just fine for what i need it for. I really like the software.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0