1.    #1  
    Hi all,

PsMemo, a great freeware memopad replacement, has now released a version (0.6.3) that fixes the font display bug in list mode, and which also implements 5-way pad navigation on the Treo 600.

Get it here: http://www.jove21.com/palm/pgm/dl/dl.php?dl=psmemo_en
    What are the advantages of it over the regular memo pad program?
    That site is in Japanese, but if you download the linked file, which is the English version of the app, it includes a readme file which says:

PsMemo is a replacement for MemoPad which comes with Palm devices.
    In addition to the features of MemoPad, PsMemo has following features.

List view
    - PsMemo can move edited or opened memo to top of memo list automatically.
    - You can see private memos' title.
    - Hardware button can emulate Jog wheel.
    - Incremental full-text search.
    - Background color.

Edit view
    - You can close a memo without saving.
    - You can search and replace string.
    - PsMemo can link other palmwares, by tapping a URL or a mail address.

Misc
    - Support Sony virtual silk area and Palm dynamic input area.
    - Support 5-Way navigation on Treo 600.
    - Small font is available on the specific models.
    I installed last day and it's a wonderful improvment to the original MemoPad. 5-way navigation is great. My favorite improvment is the URL's link. But I can't use the mail adress link very well. It just open Snappermail, but without creating a new mail and without inserting the contact.
    I tried PsLink, wich is great too and the mail adress link function is OK. But there's some problems with the 5-way. When PsLink is enabled, the 5-way "up/down" doesn't work anymore !
    Does this memo program--and/or others you might know about--have the option of adding additional memo categories?

The default Palm memopad only has room for about 15 categories, not including "All," "Unfilled," and "Edit Categories". I'm a memo kind of guy and like having more options in categorizing my thoughts/notes. I have over 200 memos!
    Quote Originally Posted by olac
    I installed last day and it's a wonderful improvment to the original MemoPad. 5-way navigation is great. My favorite improvment is the URL's link. But I can't use the mail adress link very well. It just open Snappermail, but without creating a new mail and without inserting the contact.
    That's the same result I get using the free mail app on my Treo. It seems like a bug to me, so I hope it gets fixed in the next release. Regardless, PsMemo is much, much better than MemoPad!

Thanks for posting this info, euroclie!
    Last edited by j.c.; 06/11/2004 at 11:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Does this memo program--and/or others you might know about--have the option of adding additional memo categories?

The default Palm memopad only has room for about 15 categories, not including "All," "Unfilled," and "Edit Categories". I'm a memo kind of guy and like having more options in categorizing my thoughts/notes. I have over 200 memos!
    No, I just checked, and PsMemo has the same category limit. Are you sure this limit isn't imposed by the Palm OS?
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    That's the same result I get using the free mail app on my Treo. It seems like a bug to me, so I hope it gets fixed in the next release. Regardless, PsMemo is much, much better than MemoPad!

Thanks for posting this info, euroclie!
    The problem is resolved using PsMemo with PsLink (I just received last version yesterday wich is optimize for the treo600).
    The problem is resolved using PsMemo with PsLink (I just received last version yesterday wich is optimize for the treo600).
    Thanks!
    Can you put a copy of the last version of PsLink?

The las version what I see in the developper web is 0.4

Thanks
    Treo optimized version of PsLink is here.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks for the file.

I have a question.

How configure PsLink for make a link to go to the AdrressBook (from notes, todo,...)?
    Last edited by dragondefuego; 06/14/2004 at 04:57 AM.
    I don't know exactly because I use SuperNames instead. I suppose you have to use "Missing Icons" to see "Contact" application in PsLink.
    Can you give a quick description of what psLink is? I can run psMemo, so I guess it's not something required.

Thanks,

Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk700
    Can you give a quick description of what psLink is? I can run psMemo, so I guess it's not something required.

Thanks,

Louis
    PsLink let's you making link to Memo, ToDo, Adress, Date, Web or Email and you can configure 5 other soft to link with. It's not an application but a Preference (you have to go to menu, preferences, Pslink). Actually PsMemo doesn't support Email or Snappermail, but with PsLink it's ok. When you click on an email adress, PsLink open your Email client with a new message with your contact. I use PsLink with DiddleBug and SmartList, just GREAT !!!
    Is there a trick to get PsLink to work? I installed it, but my PsMemo menu items look exactly the same as before with no apparent added functionality.
    PsLink let's you making link to Memo, ToDo, Adress, Date, Web or Email and you can configure 5 other soft to link with. It's not an application but a Preference (you have to go to menu, preferences, Pslink). Actually PsMemo doesn't support Email or Snappermail, but with PsLink it's ok. When you click on an email adress, PsLink open your Email client with a new message with your contact. I use PsLink with DiddleBug and SmartList, just GREAT !!!
    Color me stupid, but I don't understand how to use pslink. Help?????
    Version 0.7.1 of PsMemo is available. Link at top should work.