1.    #1  
    I have read good things and bad things on Agendus. I have also read there are problems with it particularly on the Treo 600, which is what I have. If these warnings are true, what is a good replacement for the standard datebook/contacts/to do? I would prefer something with a replacement desktop interface as well. I tried the Franklin Covey one, but I do not like it.

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    As far as I know the instability problems (reset on creating meeting) where only for sprint users, I was involved since the start of the Beta process and never had these reset problems on my Int treo 600.... BTW they have released 8.01 which fixes those problems anyway...

I can only speak for myself but I find it perfectly stable since the final release, the beta was a different story, but that is expected!!!
    I have a sprint T600 and Agendus runs well and is very stable on my device. If I were you, I would try out Agendus and Dtbk 5 and see which one you prefer.
    I love Agendus. It offers so much flexibility beyond the built-in calendar that it just makes life easier. Frankly, it would be worth the money just for the repeating event feature.
    How does Agendus / iambic Mail fare with the new Snapper Mail... I know both have IMAP.

Do you use Agendus Pro or Standard?
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Demo it and then decide. I did and bought almost immediatley
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    I love Agendus. It offers so much flexibility beyond the built-in calendar that it just makes life easier. Frankly, it would be worth the money just for the repeating event feature.
    I don't understand. What features do you get in Agendus that you don't get in the built-in calendar and to-do apps? When I used to run DateBk5, the only difference I could see was the integrated to-do and day view. But that just annoyed me. Regarding "repeating events," the stock calendar app handles these great. Is there some power-user requirement I'm missing here?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ^^^ Where to start, honestly there is so much difference, many views which are much better IMO, Icons assigned to meetings, you can assign contacts to meetings, Templates, Journal entries and more

try it and see
    Last edited by joele; 06/09/2004 at 07:03 PM.
    There's more flexibility to the repeating event, you can add icons to events and even preset specific events to always take the same icons. You can assign a contact to a meeting or to-do, and the newest AgendusPro even allows you to put in a range of contacts and a meeting location. If I'm going to be late for a meeting (and if I don't finish reading TC I'm likely to be!) I just click the meeting, click the contact and then send a sms or call to say I'm running behind.

You just need to try it for a few days. I can't do without it.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    There's more flexibility to the repeating event, you can add icons to events and even preset specific events to always take the same icons. You can assign a contact to a meeting or to-do, and the newest AgendusPro even allows you to put in a range of contacts and a meeting location. If I'm going to be late for a meeting (and if I don't finish reading TC I'm likely to be!) I just click the meeting, click the contact and then send a sms or call to say I'm running behind.

You just need to try it for a few days. I can't do without it.
    I guess it's a lifestyle thing. I wouldn't pay for a program that just gives me the ability to associate contacts with appointments. But I'm not in sales. And I'm always late to my meetings. It's expected of me :-).

Ironically, the first product I ever created (with a couple of partners) was a Customer Relationship Management system, a la Siebel. Of course, back then we called it, "Sales Force Automation" instead of "CRM." One team of our developers was targeting the handheld market. The program would (and still does as far as I know) synch contacts, schedules, product information, sale opportunities, etc. to Palm devices and CE devices. I don't think we ever sold a lot of those modules. Customers were more likely to exploit the more comprehensive features avaiable on the software that ran on their laptops, and then synch THOSE up to a regional or primary server.