Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Any word from PDAApps about this major flaw in their application?

I use instant messaging almost as some people would use a pager, and now this application is not reliable enough for me. Always on disconnects within an hour? what the heck is wrong here?

When I had a cheapo T-Mobile Sidekick, i could stay connected to IM for weeks on end. This is now bordering on intolerable.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i use Verichat more than anything else on my 600.

And i agree that i dont see anything useful with this upgrade, i was really hoping for the ability to read away messages also.

people use away messages to communicate where they really are, or how they are feeling...lol....so it is very important to me.

the file transfer thing can be useful i guess, but better yet would be support of active url links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk
    Any word from PDAApps about this major flaw in their application?

I use instant messaging almost as some people would use a pager, and now this application is not reliable enough for me. Always on disconnects within an hour? what the heck is wrong here?

When I had a cheapo T-Mobile Sidekick, i could stay connected to IM for weeks on end. This is now bordering on intolerable.
    Monk, don't you get reconnected right after being disconnected? What I see is that when the VeriChat server disconnects me, my screen wakes up and I see a dialog telling me that I am logging into MSN, Yahoo and AIM again. If you do not see that, you may be hitting a bug because of your setup.
    Yeah, mine is not reconnecting. I think sometimes the pda gets stuck if there is a voicemail alert, an email alert or sms alert on the screen. could this be doing it and if it is how can i make those alerts close automatically? thanks!
    Sometimes when chatting the messages that come through are a bunch of weird symbols. Then I respond & I see weird symbols instead of words too. The only way to stop is to close the chat window. If I just leave Verichat app & come back, it doesn't fix this problem.
    Another annoying thing is after soft reset, my chat session is gone. This is annoying as as some of U may know, the T600 has to be soft resetted a lot. I hate losing my chat sessions. I wish they qould be auto-saved like in Chatter!
    How can it not hyperlink web links?! That is such a fundamental flaw!
    I'm seeing significant more battery usage on my Sprint T6 after the 2.15b upgrade. This is even with SMS Always-on and not staying in the application. I'll be reverting to 1.9x until this is sorted. My phone MUST make it a full day even with heavy usage.
    i'm back on 1.9x also.. It sucks when upgrades are actually downgrades
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    I'm seeing significant more battery usage on my Sprint T6 after the 2.15b upgrade. This is even with SMS Always-on and not staying in the application. I'll be reverting to 1.9x until this is sorted. My phone MUST make it a full day even with heavy usage.
    I found that heavy chatting using v2.15b will drain the battery. If i stay out of the app, battery usage is normal.
    Needs ability to check away messages.

If the signing you off causes you to miss messages, go to aim.com and enable IM forwarding to your cell phone. The IM will get forwarded as a txt msg, so at least then you won't miss the msg. It will be truncated if greater than 160 characters, though. Just a workaround.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234