Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    anyone notice that verichat is a battery hog????
    I think if you have the "Always On" feature enabled, it drains your battery alot faster because it keeps the gprs connection. I may be wrong though.
    it only drains the battery if you do a lot of chatting.......unlike chatting with sms.
    anyone noticed that you can now have timestamps in the chat window.... cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fanatic
    anyone noticed that you can now have timestamps in the chat window.... cool!
    i'm loving that feature too
    I had a strange install - I installed it on top of the old one; at the end of my hotsynch my phone reset and Verichat then went through the whole "start from scratch" process - but it recognized that it was registered and pulled down the new code, etc.

I love the timestamp, although the timestamp might be the time the T600 gets the message, not the time it was actually received on the server (I was logged in on my desktop and my T600 and the timestamp on my desktop was earlier), which could be misleading. Oh well. But I still love it!

Everything else seems to be working well - I like the always on feature; haven't noticed any more battery drain than before, when I was pretty much always on anyway.

Cool!
    In 2.15, anybody notice that your buddy list still shows buddies as "Online" even after you have logged off from ICQ/AIM/Y!/MSN?

Wouldn't it make sense that if I'm not logged into AIM, I don't see any AIM buddies in my "Online" list, and so on?
    Quote Originally Posted by pack_78
    In 2.15, anybody notice that your buddy list still shows buddies as "Online" even after you have logged off from ICQ/AIM/Y!/MSN?

Wouldn't it make sense that if I'm not logged into AIM, I don't see any AIM buddies in my "Online" list, and so on?

LOL!! Yes. I just told my friend about it after sending my dad im's all morning to find out that he wasn't actually logged in.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by pack_78

This is how it is supposed to be, so what you are seeing is a bug. Can you send us an email at support@pdaapps.com and we can try to see what you are doing and get this fixed.

PDAapps
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    im having the same issue....buddies are on my list who are not online
    Quote Originally Posted by cjc2k
    im having the same issue....buddies are on my list who are not online
    Well, my problem is slightly different. I'm the one who is completely offline, disconnected from all services ... yet I'm still seeing people online in my buddy list.
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAapps
    This is how it is supposed to be, so what you are seeing is a bug. Can you send us an email at support@pdaapps.com and we can try to see what you are doing and get this fixed.
    Sent. :-)
    Same thing with me in showing buddies online when I'm completely disconnected.
    I have a couple of other questions:
    Has anyone had any success in receiving files from someone in AIM? I had no problem sending a file, but when the person tried to send me one it failed and told her "cannot send file, make sure person has latest AIM. I tested it on yahoo msgr and it worked fine. Don't use ICQ or MSN.
    Also, I noticed on the PDAapps site U can change the background colors. I only see options to change my text and buddy text. Where is the option of changing the background? Or am I just crazy?
    TIA
    CB
    Did I mention I LOVE this app?

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Just put the update in.. Very cool stuff.. A quick question about the always on connect vs. the SMS - I'm on the Sprint Vision network, and was curious:

A) Does it work (there is no specific mension of it in the release notes, but I'd assume it will work the same way as GPRS) and

B) Does it only communicate background changes in regards to messages being sent or does it also do buddy list changes...

I only ask B as I am trying to reduce the amount of vision time that is used as phone calls can't come in while data transfer is going on. If it's just messages, then I dont' mind so much.. If it's transfering buddy online/offline info too, then that might take up too much "vision online" time and I might miss phone calls.
    From what I've seen, it LOOKS like Verichat only updates the buddy list when you open up the applications. I use it in "always on" mode, and when I actually launch Verichat periodically it'll spend a couple seconds connecting and updating the list, which I interpret to mean that it's not spending cycles keeping the buddy list up to date in the interim.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    its "always on" but it keeps disconnecting.
    the previous version seemed more stable.
    Last edited by cjc2k; 06/14/2004 at 10:25 AM.
    same observation here.. the previous version kept me online for days/weeks at the time.
    this new version seems to go offline every couple hours..
    i'm not a happy upgrader
    I, too, liked the old version better than this version. I see no changes that are real useful. What I would really like to see is the ability to read away messages without messaging the user on AIM.

-M-
    yup, the older version kept you online longer.

also i thought we were going to be able to connect to two msn accounts at a time.

a couple of hours ago my treo kept logging on and off.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    For the life of me i can't figure out why my account ALWAYS logs itself out after a period of time. (yes, it is set for always on).

It did it on the old version. Even worse now. Sucks because i think i am online and then when i access verichat I get like 30 messsages from people asking "where were you?"

I'd love to see some improvement in that area.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast