Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i believe it is free to all registered users. and i simply downloaded and installed over top of my old version. worked fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi
    Can this version be installed over an existing version or should I delete v 1.93 first?
    Also, is it a free upgrade to existing users?

TIA
    i asked the same question with no response. so....i installed over the previous version with no problems.
    Thanks!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I installed the new version directly over the old one and it seems to be working fine.

Also, I wasn't prompted to enter any code so I'm guessing it's a free upgrade for registered users.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Well I have been able to send a pic from my phone to AIM on my desk, but I can't send a pic from my desk to my Aim using verichat.

Oh and someone asked what people use this for. I use it for both business and pleasure. I got everyone in the office to use AIM so we didn't have to call eachother so much. I already have to talk enough on the phone for my job and would prefer an IM over a quick conversation about a contract or what's for lunch.

This new update is really coming along. Good job.
    Last edited by hall316; 06/09/2004 at 11:10 AM.
    Free upgrade for those that are registers and have purchased a previous version.

I do suggest that you delete the older version. WHen I deleted my old and installed the new one, it asks me to reset.

All is well.

THANK PDAAPPS!!! Another great work of art!!!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34
    WHen I deleted my old and installed the new one, it asks me to reset.
    It did the same thing when I installed the new version on top of the old.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I don't see the options to change interface colors or organize the buddy menu ????
    help please I am a verichat addict
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I think the colors change to match whatever system color you choose. I don't think you can customize beyond that.

There's a little blue circle in the upper right part of the screen that toggles between Buddy list and on or off line buddies. I think that's what they meant by organizing the buddy menu.

Personally, I'm just glad they finally set it up to accept mac.com email addresses as AIM names. I've been waiting for that forever.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    has anyone been able to recieve a file that someone sends them from a desktop version of an IM client yet?
    no, it doesn't even seem to initiate an incoming file transfer with this version.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    I think the colors change to match whatever system color you choose. I don't think you can customize beyond that.

There's a little blue circle in the upper right part of the screen that toggles between Buddy list and on or off line buddies. I think that's what they meant by organizing the buddy menu.

Personally, I'm just glad they finally set it up to accept mac.com email addresses as AIM names. I've been waiting for that forever.

i dont get the purpose then of that seperate buddy list window
    i thought u would be able to make your own groups like on aim for the pc. ( buddies, family, co-workers etc.)
    .....and that little circle is hard to hit lol
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjc2k
    i dont get the purpose then of that seperate buddy list window
    i thought u would be able to make your own groups like on aim for the pc. ( buddies, family, co-workers etc.)
    .....and that little circle is hard to hit lol
    I agree. Both with the desire for more oganizational control over buddies and the notion that the little circle is hard to tap.

But I can finally use Verichat, thanks to the mac.com addition, so I'm a happy camper for the time being. I'll complain more later, when the excitement wears off.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316
    has anyone been able to recieve a file that someone sends them from a desktop version of an IM client yet?
    i get the "user is trying to send you a file, would you like to download?" dialog on my treo. However when i say yes, the file on the desktop PC never sends (thus the treo never receives). Answering no does not notify the desktop PC of the cancellation either. I suspect the fact that my desktop is behind a firewall to be the issue. (i have not tried it without the firewall yet)
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I've tried it a few different ways from different locations and still can't send the file to Verichat AIM from the real thing on a desktop.

I sent their support team an email asking about it.
    i've just noticed that you can only send a item using the 'Send Item' function within a chat session in Verichat even though verichat now shows up in the list is a transport method in apps such as Bugme and SplashPhoto. if you are using bugme, try to send a note using verichat (within bugme). it never makes it. the same happens in splashphoto.
    anyone notice that verichat is a battery hog????
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    the new verichat doesnt work with lightwave either... or lightwave doesnt work with the new verichat.
    I never did get LightWav to do Verichat...will put a bug in ToySoft's ear about that.
    Installed over the old version with no problem
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast