Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am sorry but I am fed up with my treo "softing" when calls come in due to Lightwave's instability. The problem usually occurs when I am using the device while the call comes in, or when I hit a button by accident, when the phone is off (in keyguard mode) and am thereby using the phone.

One theory of mine is that Lightwave crashes the treo if I answer before the program has had a chance to carry out its tasks which explains why this happens when I am using the phone as Light wave has lost focus or control.

Am I the only one with these grievances?

To me, although the mp3 tone cheers things up, my mobile as a reliable communication device is of utmost importance, and I am rather angry at the Toysoft team for their disregard and disrespect for my sacred communicating point. Who knows how many customers….. etc. and the rant continues

Do you agree?

(And yes, I am using 2.2!!)
    I have no problems with Lightwav.
    I have no trouble with it either.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    i agree... it was released for purchase with so many flaws... there were a million threads about major problems with it as soon as it was released, but we all did jump to give our money cause it is such a cool application, and they do deserve to get paid ...but ... they shouldve beta tested it for free for a longer time before making people buy it ( like marc from chatter did)
    but whatever
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I prefer CallFilter, I know many don't find lightwav buggy, but both it and callfilter cause lag (well apparently caused by pockettunes) so to use certain programs I disable lightwav or callfilter. The major problem here is lightwav (unlike callfilter) for some strange reason requires you to set your ringtones to silent, so if I forget to re-enable it I have no ringtone, callfilter however doesn't have this problem so at least I get the midi tone if I forgot to re-enable it....

This is the main reason I am still out on buying lightwav, if they fix this then I may be willing to part with the money, and buy it!

My other major problem is that the call actually comes in and it takes 3 seconds to start playing the MP3, callfilter also doesn't have this problem.

It will be interesting to see what features the new version of Callfilter adds (when it eventually comes out)!

The initial versions of lightwav also caused a lot of soft resets for me in certain situations!
    I have no problems with Lightwav.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Sorry for the troubles you are having, but Lightwav is awesome. The real song ringers sets my T600 apart from everyone.
    using lightwav 2.2 on gsm treo600. it does not crash. i have no problems with it.
    Does anyone else experience lag with the ringers using Lightwav? I do and the people calling can hear my ringtones for a split second. It's really annoying. Anyone else have this problem?
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ^^^ Yes and Yes, I forgot about the people hearing the ringer for a second, another reason I will not buy Lightwav...... These are all bugs present from day one, more features go in, no bugs get fixed!
    what songs do you play as a ringtone? I use lightwav but i use an mp3 ringtone. this is not meant to be a flame but i think that songs playing when your phone ring is kinda cheesy so i am curious, what songs/mp3s make the best ringtones?
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    what songs do you play as a ringtone? I use lightwav but i use an mp3 ringtone. this is not meant to be a flame but i think that songs playing when your phone ring is kinda cheesy so i am curious, what songs/mp3s make the best ringtones?
    I just started using Lightwav over the past few days and have "Tubular Bells" as my ringtone. I like it because it actually sounds like a ringtone and it has that Exorcist association! I don't want my phone to sound just like a radio turning on when it rings...
    I love LightWav. Swear by it. No issues. It's nice to hear Elvis Costello belt out "Allison" when my phone rings. Everyone knows it's for ME.
    No problems with Lightwav, especially if you are up to date with the latest release, which they send you as soon as an improvement exists. I did find that the latest release fixed the crash if you pick up or hit ignore before the ring beigns. The caller does hear a second of the song, so I tap the volume button on the side once before picking up. I know it's one extra little step but a minor incovenience to hear the Boss's 10th Ave. Freeze Out (edited for just the loud horn part) as my ringer. It is loud, fun and most importantly unique. Besides, when you hold the Treo, your thumb is usually in the vicinity of the volume buttons anyways.

I have also used the AT&T real voice creation tool to create custom rings for people I know, ie. "John is calling, John Smith is calling you" or "incoming SMS message".

And now with P.A.R. I can have people record themselves saying "It's me, John, pick up your phone" and then use it as my ring tone. Combine that with their picture i.d. How great is that?

I'm a big fan of Toysoft, I think they create great apps. for the Treo and for a price that won't break the bank.

PalmLover
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    i dumped it...I try every update that gets sent, but too many issues pop up with it installed
    I have no problems using Lightwav (anymore). I used to experience the "lag", but after messing around with the settings I found out that having the equalizer in Pocket Tunes enabled causes a lag when a call came in. I turned it off and everything runs just fine. A minor change.. Nothing like having a few of my favorite instrumentals playing randomely when I receive a call
    Quote Originally Posted by Josephicon
    I am sorry but I am fed up with my treo "softing" when calls come in due to Lightwave's instability. The problem usually occurs when I am using the device while the call comes in, or when I hit a button by accident, when the phone is off (in keyguard mode) and am thereby using the phone.

One theory of mine is that Lightwave crashes the treo if I answer before the program has had a chance to carry out its tasks which explains why this happens when I am using the phone as Light wave has lost focus or control.

Am I the only one with these grievances?

To me, although the mp3 tone cheers things up, my mobile as a reliable communication device is of utmost importance, and I am rather angry at the Toysoft team for their disregard and disrespect for my sacred communicating point. Who knows how many customers….. etc. and the rant continues

Do you agree?

(And yes, I am using 2.2!!)
    We are very sorry that you had such a bad experience with Lightwav. We are trying very hard to test Lwav before it is released to the public. As you know if we try to fix every bug that is known and documented then you will never see the product because we are busy fixing bugs. We never ever force anyone to buy our product. if you like it and it works then support us and it if it doesnt then we will try to fix the problem if we can reproduce it in our lab.

we had heard of the crashing problem on some Treos and someone from PalmOne said that it was caused by the Treo software. He did said that the new firmware fixes the problem with unknown callers. I'm not sure if this problem is related to yours. If so we have added a work around in the Treo prefs in lwav where you can let the Phone app handle unknown callers.

As you know there are different carriers out there for the Treo600 and lwav may behave differently from carrier to carrier.

we've been using lwav since day one and we feel it is a very mature and a stable product. If you look back at 1.0 and compare it to 2.2 you'll be surprised of all the features we have added. Take a look at the competition. We are the first to give Treo600 users mp3/wav ringtones, coverup sounds, video callerID, jpg, gif picture and video caller callerID. Can they offer all this for $17 bucks? And we never charged upgrade fees for lwav users.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Well I for one love Lightwav.
    I had Callshield and it was a disaster.
    There are only two things I've noticed wrong with LWA (well not wrong but faulty):
    1) it displays my gifs on the right hand side of the screen and not the center (I already contacted them about it and hopefully something can be done).

2) I recently realized that my phone crashes when I get a call with 'no caller id' (which is quite common here if someone is calling from the french side or from over seas).

I haven't had a time to report it but I read somewhere that they are aware of the problem...besides, I'm beta testing so I do EXPECT some bugs

I can say from past experience that when you make Toysoft aware of a problem it is usually fixed...they respond to your emails too
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo_78
    Well I for one love Lightwav.
    I had Callshield and it was a disaster.
    There are only two things I've noticed wrong with LWA (well not wrong but faulty):
    1) it displays my gifs on the right hand side of the screen and not the center (I already contacted them about it and hopefully something can be done).

2) I recently realized that my phone crashes when I get a call with 'no caller id' (which is quite common here if someone is calling from the french side or from over seas).

I haven't had a time to report it but I read somewhere that they are aware of the problem...besides, I'm beta testing so I do EXPECT some bugs

I can say from past experience that when you make Toysoft aware of a problem it is usually fixed...they respond to your emails too
    I had the crashes with caller ID and did the following:

1. Treo:Treo Preferences. Check "Do not handle unknown callers"
    2. Lightwav: Treo. In the Application column there is an item called "Unknown....". I placed a mp3 file to play for calls from numbers I do not know.
    3. Treo Video Preferences. Check "Default video/picture callerID: and chose a gif for calls from numbers I don't know.

Now I get a gif and a sound file without the crash. Works for me.
    Great!!!
    I'll try it and see if it works for me.
    Thank you
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast