Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    The only difference that may explain the lag for me and the ringer being heard by person ringing me (basically lag on ringtone stopping) is that I have 20-30 second MP3s on the Card rather than in RAM, but Callfilter doesn't have either of these problems using the exact same mp3 files!

My question to the developers is whether the silent setting on the midi is necessary, I find this feature a little annoying, as explained earlier sometimes I turn the mp3 ringers off (disable lightwav or callfilter) and lightwav has the major drawback of there being no ringtone in this case, whereas callfilter simply reverts back to the midi ringtones.. Is this a big deal???
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    So before you get on the bandwagon about lwav's problems maybe reading the manual or get some clarification from our support team first. Hope this answers your questions.
    Umm... I'm not sure what you mean by "get on the bandwagon about lwav's problems." If you read over my previous posts, you'll see that I've specifically stated that I've had no problems with LightWav, but I was a little confused because several people have been reporting that they need to press the volume button before answering or else the caller will hear the ringtone for a moment. I, myself, haven't found that to be the case, and I mentioned that a few times already. It seems to me that, if more people report that they AREN'T required to press two buttons--like I've done and Laurie has done in this thread--it would be beneficial for you. I wouldn't find the added "coolness factor" of mp3 ringtones to be worth it if I were required to press two buttons every time I answered my phone, and I'd imagine that other people might feel the same way and possibly not even give LightWav a try because they've read repeatedly on this forum that two buttons are required for a "clean" answer, with nobody reporting otherwise.

Also, I read the manual quite thoroughly before AND after installing LightWav, and here's everything it says about this specific issue:

"When you receive a new call on your Treo you can stop the sound by pressing the up and down volume control on the left side of the Treo. This will stop the sound and they can then answer the call. You can also press the Center button on the 5 way keypad to stop and answer the call.
    Note: If you donít stop the sound from playing before you pick up the call, the caller on the other end might hear a second of the sound. This might cause some confusion for the caller."

Not exactly crystal clear, is it? There are new users and veteran LightWav users in this very thread who still seem to be confused about it. Even your reply is confusing. On one hand you seem to be saying that using the 5-way center button will answer the call just fine. Then you seem to go on to say that LightWav's necessary interaction with PocketTunes will cause that extra second of ringing and the solution is to use wav files so that PocketTunes can be removed from the loop. Well, I use the LightWav/mp3/PocketTunes combination and I DON'T get that extra second of ringtone when I answer my phone. That's good news for me and probably good news for others who may have considered buying LightWav.

I'm a happy toysoft customer, but I'm not sure I like being accused of mindlessly bashing your product when all I did was request some clarification about this two-button issue, since my experience with LightWav has differed from what others are reporting here.
    If I can jump into this (somewhat controversial) thread with a related question: does LightWav play .wav files WITHOUT PocketTunes? I find that CallFilter messes up my playlist in PTunes when play a ringer in .mp3 format, and I'm assuming LightWav would do the same.
    Yes, LightWav can play wav files without PocketTunes, but LightWav should keep your pTunes' playlist intact even if you use mp3.
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    Umm... I'm not sure what you mean by "get on the bandwagon about lwav's problems." If you read over my previous posts, you'll see that I've specifically stated that I've had no problems with LightWav, but I was a little confused because several people have been reporting that they need to press the volume button before answering or else the caller will hear the ringtone for a moment. I, myself, haven't found that to be the case, and I mentioned that a few times already. It seems to me that, if more people report that they AREN'T required to press two buttons--like I've done and Laurie has done in this thread--it would be beneficial for you. I wouldn't find the added "coolness factor" of mp3 ringtones to be worth it if I were required to press two buttons every time I answered my phone, and I'd imagine that other people might feel the same way and possibly not even give LightWav a try because they've read repeatedly on this forum that two buttons are required for a "clean" answer, with nobody reporting otherwise.

Also, I read the manual quite thoroughly before AND after installing LightWav, and here's everything it says about this specific issue:

"When you receive a new call on your Treo you can stop the sound by pressing the up and down volume control on the left side of the Treo. This will stop the sound and they can then answer the call. You can also press the Center button on the 5 way keypad to stop and answer the call.
    Note: If you donít stop the sound from playing before you pick up the call, the caller on the other end might hear a second of the sound. This might cause some confusion for the caller."

Not exactly crystal clear, is it? There are new users and veteran LightWav users in this very thread who still seem to be confused about it. Even your reply is confusing. On one hand you seem to be saying that using the 5-way center button will answer the call just fine. Then you seem to go on to say that LightWav's necessary interaction with PocketTunes will cause that extra second of ringing and the solution is to use wav files so that PocketTunes can be removed from the loop. Well, I use the LightWav/mp3/PocketTunes combination and I DON'T get that extra second of ringtone when I answer my phone. That's good news for me and probably good news for others who may have considered buying LightWav.

I'm a happy toysoft customer, but I'm not sure I like being accused of mindlessly bashing your product when all I did was request some clarification about this two-button issue, since my experience with LightWav has differed from what others are reporting here.
    this was not directed to you in any way. It was just a general comment.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    Yes, LightWav can play wav files without PocketTunes, but LightWav should keep your pTunes' playlist intact even if you use mp3.
    Lwav does save your playlist intact if you are using ptunes 2.3.2 and higher. Also you must not check the Repeat Ringtone option in the Treo prefs in lwav.
    Lwav can play uncompressed wav files in ram and on the card.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    this was not directed to you in any way. It was just a general comment.
    Oh... nevermind...
    Smiley,

I just received notification that Pocket Tunes 3.0 is going to be released in the next few days. Has Lightwav been tested with it?

Need to know before I install it.
    I had nothing but problems with LW, but amazingly enough since I got a replacement phone with the updated firmware (I had the echo problem) LightWAV seems to behave a little better.

I still disable it if I have a crucial call coming in. I don't take a chance, since it liked to reset my Treo in the past. (or not work at all.)

I have it play a midi, and a .wav file I made from the AT&T Speech lab site for each contact. I get plenty of chuckles when I am in a meeting and my phone says "It's your wife, you better answer it now!" while the midi of the Who' "you better, you bet" plays in the background.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123