Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I use and recommend Lightwav. I have had no problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joele
    ^^^ Yes and Yes, I forgot about the people hearing the ringer for a second, another reason I will not buy Lightwav...... These are all bugs present from day one, more features go in, no bugs get fixed!
    Not trying to get you upset but RTM on the ringer issue. When the phone rings hit the volume button first. It silences the ringer. Then answer the phone. Please, no whining about having to hit the volume button. It's right next to your finger when you hold the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    ^^^ what songs do you play as a ringtone? I use lightwav but i use an mp3 ringtone. this is not meant to be a flame but i think that songs playing when your phone ring is kinda cheesy so i am curious, what songs/mp3s make the best ringtones?!
    Good question rossoneri and I don't think your trying to flame. I use all sorts of 30 second mp3's of songs....all with just the music, no voice (except Gloria see below).

Smart Dressed Man from ZZ Top is great fun. Long distance Runaround by Yes for more mellow moods. AC DC Hells Bells to make my kids remember that I used to know how to rock too! Gloria Estefan's Get On Your Feet for a morning alarm.

There are as many choices as there are songs. I love it because my ringer is different from everyone else's. When I am in a meeting and a regular sprint phone rings EVERYBODY jumps....except me.....It's like watching the scientific proof of Pavlov's dog research....and I ain't no Dog! LOL
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmLover
    The caller does hear a second of the song, so I tap the volume button on the side once before picking up. I know it's one extra little step but a minor incovenience to hear the Boss's 10th Ave. Freeze Out (edited for just the loud horn part) as my ringer.
    That's interesting... I've only been using lighwav for a few days, but I've been answering my phone with just the center 5-way button. I've asked people if they hear anything unusual when I answer, but nobody seems to have noticed anything. I don't think I'd like it if I had to push two different buttons to answer the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Not trying to get you upset but RTM on the ringer issue. When the phone rings hit the volume button first. It silences the ringer. Then answer the phone. Please, no whining about having to hit the volume button. It's right next to your finger when you hold the phone.
    To me it seems a bit awkward to have to press a button on the side of the device, then another one on the front to answer it. I think a much better solution would be to just press the same button twice.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, nobody seems to have noticed anything unusual when I answer my Treo using just the center 5-way, but I'll have to investigate a bit further, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by j.c.
    To me it seems a bit awkward to have to press a button on the side of the device, then another one on the front to answer it. I think a much better solution would be to just press the same button twice.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, nobody seems to have noticed anything unusual when I answer my Treo using just the center 5-way, but I'll have to investigate a bit further, I guess.

I said no whining!!! Kidding.

This is what I do when I get a call. I take my phone from the holster. I hold the phone so that I can see who is calling. When I hold the phone in that manner my pointer finger rests automatically on the volume button. I push the button...silence...the phone is still ringing in the persons ear at the other end. Now I see who it is....thinking .....do I want to talk to this person....if it's Alli the answer is no........and then push the center button to answer or ignore if I don't want to talk to them. It's not awkward. And that's all I have to say about this issue as I think it's becoming silly to discuss the horrible burden of pushing TWO buttons. LOL
    Well, I didn't say it was a "horrible burden," now did I? I believe "a bit awkward" was the term I used. I think most people would be willing to admit that pushing two buttons--one on the side and one on the front--is more awkward than just pushing a single button.

Thanks for that description of your phone answering process. Personally, I don't put that much thought into it; I just answer the phone!
    Thanks for that description of your phone answering process. Personally, I don't put that much thought into it; I just answer the phone!
    Describing making coffee takes me four pages of text.
    no problems with lightwave either
    GSM Treo 600 on Tmo....no problems with Lightwav. There is a delay when the calls come in....but it has come in handy for me when i forget to put the phone on mute.
    ...and have 50 Cent playing during a meeting
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    Its OK I'm not upset LOL, it just seems unnecessary to me when callfilter doesn't have this problem, as is having to turn your midi's to silent when callfilter doesn't require this either, this is important as sometimes I turn the mp3 call manager off in order to play Gizmo games (which are lagged by either callfilter or lightwav) and forget to turn it back on!

As I said I am waiting to see what features callfilter adds before making any purchasing decisions, I have bought too many Palm apps that disappointed me
    My only complaint about Lightwave (currently) is that it plays my 'Unknown Caller' MP3 for withheld ID calls but not for numbers which are not in my contacts list. For the latter it plays the default MP3. Otherwise it's a fairly robust program. And it's fun.
    Oh, I forgot to mention. It fails to play my MMS MP3 (SMS it plays without fail).
    Hi folks - I know I'm asking for trouble here, but have any of you tried phone Technician as well as lightwav & callfilter? It seems there is a big difference in the lag for each to invoke pockettunes and I'd appreciate feedback on how Phone Technician compares.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    That's interesting... I've only been using lighwav for a few days, but I've been answering my phone with just the center 5-way button. I've asked people if they hear anything unusual when I answer, but nobody seems to have noticed anything. I don't think I'd like it if I had to push two different buttons to answer the phone.
    Answering the phone is described in the lwav manual. the best is to answer the phone with 5way center button.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    okay, i would really like to purchase lightwav and still may do it in the VERY near future. however, some of you are scaring me.

i am a big fan of toysoft products. they are great about keeping their registered users up-to-date without charging so i know that this will be a good investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    Answering the phone is described in the lwav manual. the best is to answer the phone with 5way center button.
    So, using the 5-way center button should stop the ringtone and answer the phone at the same time so that the person on the other end won't hear any of the ringtone? That seems to be what I'm experiencing and how I interpreted the brief description in the manual, but people in this thread have been talking about needing to use the volume button to silence the ringer first before actually answering the phone. I was thinking that maybe my setup was different and that's why my ringtone seems to be silenced immediately when I answer. (I'm using ~20 sec. mp3 converted to RAM with the LightWav alarms option disabled.) So,what exactly is the difference between these two methods of answering the phone?

With the way I have LightWav set up on my Treo, I'm experiencing no lag and no prolonged ringtone when I answer using just the center 5-way button. For my alarms, I just use the Treo's midi sounds and 8-bit mono wav files with Bob's Alarm. Works for me!
    I use the center button and have no problems with anyone hearing my ringer.
    Thanks for that info. So, I wonder why people are experiencing different results with this? It would be nice to have a definitive answer to this posted on treo|central, because I'd imagine that some people may shy away from LightWav after reading posts here saying that two button presses are required to answer the phone if you don't want the caller to hear the end of your ringtone. As ACDriver commented, it's not a "horrible burden" to be forced to use two buttons instead of one, but it's certainly not convenient, either, and if this is erroneous information, it would be a shame if it cost toysoft some customers.
    Thanks for that info. So, I wonder why people are experiencing different results with this? It would be nice to have a definitive answer to this posted on treo|central, because I'd imagine that some people may shy away from LightWav after reading posts here saying that two button presses are required to answer the phone if you don't want the caller to hear the end of your ringtone. As ACDriver commented, it's not a "horrible burden" to be forced to use two buttons instead of one, but it's certainly not convenient, either, and if this is erroneous information, it would be a shame if it cost toysoft some customers.
    Yes, this is a misunderstanding and how lightwav works. The reason the volume up/down is there is because some users have requested this feature. They want to turn off the sound and then answer the call manually by pressing the center button or tap on the Answer or Ignore button.

The correct way of course is to answe using the center button on the 5way or tap on the Answer button.

The other reason why your caller hears the last second of the sound is because ptunes isnt fast enough to stop playing when lwav tells it to. There are alot of events going on behide the scense. If you use Lightwav and use wav files restrictly then this should be fine since lwav controls the wav playing and not external apps such as ptunes.

So before you get on the bandwagon about lwav's problems maybe reading the manual or get some clarification from our support team first. Hope this answers your questions.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Just to clarify..... I LIKE the fact that I can stop the ringer but not answer the call. That way I can decide if I need to take the call but people around me are not subjected to my choice of ringer while I think it over.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast