Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cruising, wow I just checked out the reviews at PalmGear. Scary! Although, Ive never encountered problems with Botzam and Ive done 2 complete restores, even with over 900 files and many hacks. Perhaps the newest version is much better? Its actually 2.06 now, even though PalmGear says 2.04.

CardBackup does look nice. When it gets encryption I will consider it.

wmf, the first backup takes the longest but after that it just backs up what has changed. Turn off compression to speed things up, you only save about 2 megs anyway.
    Last edited by ThirdType; 06/13/2004 at 12:01 PM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    does botzam store multiple backups so I can go back to a 2 day old version? (similar to backupman)
    Newbie question, I've never used a backup app.
    If I have an SD card that already contains ebooks and mp3s, can I use this as my backup card too? Does backupman knows not to touch the other files stored there or will it overwrite everything so that only the backup is left stored in the card?
    My only experience is with BackupMan. Yes, you can use the same card. The other files are not overwritten.
    Quote Originally Posted by garfield_88888
    Newbie question, I've never used a backup app.
    If I have an SD card that already contains ebooks and mp3s, can I use this as my backup card too? Does backupman knows not to touch the other files stored there or will it overwrite everything so that only the backup is left stored in the card?
    backupman will not overwrite the exisiting files on your sd card. it will backup to /palm/programs/backup on your sd card.

NOTE: Make sure you have the available space on your card.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12