Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tell me what you guys think:

I dont believe it's VISION speed that is the limiting factor in shoutcast streaming. I think its more of a processing speed bottleneck. The T600 cant coordinate the MP3 decoding, the playback, the screen display, and a highspeed download all at the same time.

Maybe when the ACE comes out we can test this.
    Quote Originally Posted by makad
    for the last 4 days or so shoutcast is not streaming on S pcs. It keeps buffering every 2 seconds. Is anyone else having this problem?
    i was having basically the same problem yesterday (Thurs) evening for several hours. it didn't matter what shoutcast station i tried. i finally gave up.
    Off to iPhone land...
    p.s. i'm a Cingular GSM user
    Off to iPhone land...
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Tell me what you guys think:

I dont believe it's VISION speed that is the limiting factor in shoutcast streaming. I think its more of a processing speed bottleneck. The T600 cant coordinate the MP3 decoding, the playback, the screen display, and a highspeed download all at the same time.

Maybe when the ACE comes out we can test this.

i dont believe that to be true at all... i can be listening to a 64k stereo shoutcast while reading a book off my sd card with adobe and SMSing with many background processes running (brightcam, keyguard time, oncradleon, palmpuke, snapclip, textplus, treooffon, treoselectext, launchthis, crash, uninstall, cardkeeper, etc) and have no problems whatsoever with buffering or slowdowns.

edit: ps- im a SPCS user
    I stream at 96k from www.di.fm with almost no buffering. Yes 96k!!! When I'm at work it might buffer 2 or 3 seconds every 30 minutes, but sometimes never. Its great to have at work since I'm not allowed to stream on my PC.

Streaming higher bitrates like this seems pretty dependant on the stream itself, and secondly your signal strength. www.di.fm is only a few states away from where I live so there is very little lag. I have tried other streams and some will not play 48k without excessive buffering, some are great at 64k and up. I did find one station in Russia that worked at 96k but there server must actually be in the US.

Ohhhh Sprint's not gonna like me this month...
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12