Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    How do I set my favorites (i.e. speed dials)
  2. #2  
    On the speed dial screen, press the menu key. Then you chose from "Edit Favorites Button" or "Edit Favorites Pages"
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3. #3  
    Under the 'Phone' app, choose 'Menu', 'Views', 'Favorites'
    Scoll to the button you want to edit then choose 'Menu', 'Edit Favorites Button'
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    Under the 'Phone' app, choose 'Menu', 'Views', 'Favorites'
    Scoll to the button you want to edit then choose 'Menu', 'Edit Favorites Button'
    IT WORKS!!!! LOL, thanks guys.
  5. #5  
    Oddly enough all of this is described in detail in the manual. Perhaps you didnt get one?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Oddly enough all of this is described in detail in the manual. Perhaps you didnt get one?
    just curious, do you keep your manual with you at all times...even at work, or over at a friends???????
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Oddly enough all of this is described in detail in the manual. Perhaps you didnt get one?
    Well, when I bought the phone I did not receive a manual, if I did I sure would have looked inside instead of wasting someone's precious time here on the boards.
  8. #8  
    Same here no manual when i got my phone from sprint brand new all i got a a CDrom with a PDF
  9. #9  
    hey, that is what this site is for. for us to help each other out, manual or no manual.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    just curious, do you keep your manual with you at all times...even at work, or over at a friends???????

    Of course. I even have a special case that holds my treo and the manual.

    It it also true that if one knows anything about the palm os, hitting the menu key on any given screen will bring up a menu in most cases and options are available there. This feature works at work, at a friends or anywhere really as long as the device is on. Of course you usally have to learn that from somewhere (the manual). If one has no experience with palm os, would it not make sense to familiarize oneself by RTFM!!
    Last edited by Woof; 06/08/2004 at 01:47 PM. Reason: more to say
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbroad572
    Well, when I bought the phone I did not receive a manual, if I did I sure would have looked inside instead of wasting someone's precious time here on the boards.

    Ah, well that makes sense. Had you perhaps specified in your initial post that you got no manual... You then wouldn't have even had to say it was a stupid question.
    Maybe like this. " Hey all, I got a treo but no manual and I need help. How do I ....?"

    Many folks on here are too lazy to RTFM and therefore do waste others time. Unfortunately that was the assumption. You might have also tried the Search function.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xukanik
    Same here no manual when i got my phone from sprint brand new all i got a a CDrom with a PDF

    And of course the cd with the PDF version of the manual is useless because you would have to actually open the PDF file and look through it (just like the paper manual). I totally understand why you wouldnt do this. Much easier to have someone else figure it out for you.

    Sorry but I just get really annoyed by a lack of initiative.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  13. #13  
    whatever.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Sorry but I just get really annoyed by a lack of initiative.
    So what if he read the manual or did a search first? Sheesh. If you feel he didn't have "initiative", don't respond to his post.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  15. Aaron C's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    #15  
    Wow,
    4 posts to complain about reading the manual and wasting our time. Last I checked no none forced us to answer jbroad572's question. If you didnt like that he posted it, leave it alone. Dont read it, dont post to the thread, and move on with your life. Instead, you subject him and everyone else to stupid posts about the manual.

    Its tools like this that make me want to post threads with simple questions for no other reason than it torqs people off for some reason.


    In short woof...... shut up and go away!

    edit: just took the time to look up some of our good friend woofs other posts....man you realy do need to lighten up and get a life...now I dont feel bad at all about what I said above!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C
    Wow,
    4 posts to complain about reading the manual and wasting our time. Last I checked no none forced us to answer jbroad572's question. If you didnt like that he posted it, leave it alone. Dont read it, dont post to the thread, and move on with your life. Instead, you subject him and everyone else to stupid posts about the manual.

    Its tools like this that make me want to post threads with simple questions for no other reason than it torqs people off for some reason.


    In short woof...... shut up and go away!
    C'mon Aaron, quit beating around the bush and tell us how you really feel.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  17. #17  
    Lol !!!!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C

    edit: just took the time to look up some of our good friend woofs other posts....man you realy do need to lighten up and get a life...now I dont feel bad at all about what I said above!
    Aaron C, I was going to do the same but figured that Woof spends his/her time responding to everyone's thread as he/she did this one
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron C
    Wow,
    4 posts to complain about reading the manual and wasting our time. Last I checked no none forced us to answer jbroad572's question. If you didnt like that he posted it, leave it alone. Dont read it, dont post to the thread, and move on with your life. Instead, you subject him and everyone else to stupid posts about the manual.
    My my arent we bossy. Aaron new forum rule#1: Dont respond if you dont like what someone else has said. One question though. How will I know I dont like it if I dont read it like you suggest?

    Its tools like this that make me want to post threads with simple questions for no other reason than it torqs people off for some reason.
    heh heh, he said tool.

    In short woof...... shut up and go away!
    Oh so I guess this is your forum and I have to do what you say. Ya whatever.

    edit: just took the time to look up some of our good friend woofs other posts....man you realy do need to lighten up and get a life...now I dont feel bad at all about what I said above!
    Look who needs a life. Wasted time reading all my posts. Since your so good at searching, why not search for RTFM (thats read the f*cking manual for you newbies) and see how many people besides me have said that in response to a question. Then please tell them all to 'shut up and go away'. And maybe it's you who needs to lighten up a bit.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    So what if he read the manual or did a search first? Sheesh. If you feel he didn't have "initiative", don't respond to his post.

    I could say the same to you. If you dont like what I have to say dont respond.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions