The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    very cool - loading it now

another happy day for treo 600 users !!
    okay, some of the features mentioned or shown at this site are not available such as storing mail to the memory card

or maybe i'm missing something
    Last edited by dpwaters; 06/08/2004 at 10:00 AM.
    So I have installed Snappermail 2.0b and it will not sync with my IMAP server on either of my 2 IMAP accounts (same host). The connection log says "Protocol error while receiving from IMAP server". Any ideas? TIA
    IMAP syncing has been working for me great. By default it doesn't download your folder list, but you can add folders and tell it what folder on the server to sync with.

And it does seem like the "extra" features are missing.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    After playing with it more, I have setup all folders, and I have told them which folders to sync with (by the "browse" method). The ONLY thing that S2 will sync are new messages in my inbox. It will not sync any other folder, and it will not sync previously read messages. Aaaaaargh! Any thoughts? Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    After playing with it more, I have setup all folders, and I have told them which folders to sync with (by the "browse" method). The ONLY thing that S2 will sync are new messages in my inbox. It will not sync any other folder, and it will not sync previously read messages. Aaaaaargh! Any thoughts? Thanks...
    Hmmm... it's working here. Are you sure you have asked it to sync ALL messages? I think the default is only to sync the latest messages. That may be why you are seeing so few.
    Is there a way to tell it not to sync all the folders every time? I'd like access to all my folders, but the sync time then jumps.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I just rechecked, and it is absolutely set up correctly. I rechecked all my server settings, all my preferences, etc., and they are all good. hmmmmm....

On another note, my lightwav alarm for snapper doesn't work with this version.
    Woohoo! Finally! Gotta try it out...

Thanks for the update!
    $60 for IMAP support! That's a pricey email app. Even the $26.98 upgrade, for people who had the premier product, seems pretty high...

Dunc
    I also don't see an option for storing messages on the card. Are we missing something?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    One thing I like about the update fixes my biggest issue with the previous version: it is now easy to scroll through long emails without stopping at every website link. At the same time, it is still easy to select any website link.

The thing I don't like: the upgrade price. I don't have any need for IMAP (no flames, please - my needs may be different than yours). I'll need to decide whether the upgrade price is worth the new features.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I also don't see an option for storing messages on the card. Are we missing something?
    me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    $60 for IMAP support! That's a pricey email app. Even the $26.98 upgrade, for people who had the premier product, seems pretty high...

Dunc
    And we, software developers, wonder why people pirate our work?

There really is nothing that revolutionary (not even the new icon) that makes me not want to use 1.9.2. I can check my IMAP server through POP.
    IMAP really should work asynchronously (as Chatter does). Otherwise, it's actually quite tedious to use. I guess that will be in Snapper 3.0.

-m
    If you haven't found it already, the option for storing messages on the card is under Preferences, then Storage. It doesn't let you pick and choose what to store, though. Just mail older than x # of days or weeks.

My first reaction was that I don't like the colors. I miss the yellow. It's supposed to be "sexier" but it just looks kind of washed out. I don't see any way to change the appearance, either.
    I miss the fish, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76
    If you haven't found it already, the option for storing messages on the card is under Preferences, then Storage. It doesn't let you pick and choose what to store, though. Just mail older than x # of days or weeks.

My first reaction was that I don't like the colors. I miss the yellow. It's supposed to be "sexier" but it just looks kind of washed out. I don't see any way to change the appearance, either.
    On my version (2.0.3.01), the Storage option just refers to how long to keep messages, not whether to store messages on the card. This feature seems to be missing.

Regarding the appearance, I think Snapper has additional fonts to include which were not ready for this beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky76

I did find that under Preference but on SnapperMail's website (http://www.snappermail.com/wireless/email/imap.cfm), there are 2 drop down options in the Storage tab, one being "Move Mail to Card after ? days". That option is not available on the beta version.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast