Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Is this supposed to work? I have not been able to get these folders to sync. I've thought about deleting the "sent" folder on the Treo and creating a new folder to sync...but it makes sence to me there wouuld be a way to get these folders to sync "right out of the box". Has anybody gotten this to work?
    <B>Design is a chain reaction:</B> we make design, and in turn,
    <B>design makes us.</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by sglazebrook
    Is this supposed to work? I have not been able to get these folders to sync. I've thought about deleting the "sent" folder on the Treo and creating a new folder to sync...but it makes sence to me there wouuld be a way to get these folders to sync "right out of the box". Has anybody gotten this to work?
    no. syncing sent doesn't work.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    someone mentioned they are syncing with an Exchange Server? How? I have a client who wants that done, but being a mostly mac guy, i was told it can't be done by their administrator.
    I am synching both Inbox and Sent items on Exchange. Set IMAP SnapperMaill 2.0 to (in my case) mail.company name.com, provided username and password for logon, set Snapper to use Secure if Available, and Inbox is done. For Sent Items same Server info, then on T600 set "BCC to" to another (POP3) account. In that account, I set up a rule to forward all mail to my Exchange account, in Outlook set a rule to put all mail sent by me in the Sent items folder. Took a day or so to get it right, but its working fine now.

Question for the group here... are you getting spontaneous soft resets when switching from Snapper to phone? I am getting a bunch since Snapper 2.0. Also failing to find T-Mo GPRS even with a few bars running with the need to do my owen resets to get it back? Anyone else with these issues?
    Is there a way to automatically check mail in the new version?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    Is there a way to automatically check mail in the new version?
    yes - under the Option menu, Preferences and under the Delivery tab.
    change the Get Mail option from Manually to whatever you desire.
    Can
    Ndugu
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk6235
    Question for the group here... are you getting spontaneous soft resets when switching from Snapper to phone? I am getting a bunch since Snapper 2.0. Also failing to find T-Mo GPRS even with a few bars running with the need to do my owen resets to get it back? Anyone else with these issues?
    Yes, I'm having the same problem. It doesn't happen every time, but it has happened a couple of times.
    can someone please tell me how I can delete the contents of the inbox on my treo but not delete the messages on the IMAP server itself?

The terminology snapper uses is really confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    can someone please tell me how I can delete the contents of the inbox on my treo but not delete the messages on the IMAP server itself?

The terminology snapper uses is really confusing.
    this is the point of imap. to have the same inbox/folder where ever you getting your mail.

so, no there really is no way to del from the treo and not del from the server.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Either use "Junk", or modify the account/rules/more rules... this lets you set up when you want to delete messages from the server. The more rules/deletion rules are defaulted to none selected, so the deletion on the treo does not affect the messages on the server. Junk will delete the message immeadiately (and irretrievably) on the treo, and cause it to be deleted on the server the next time you sync
    "junk"ing will mark the email for deletion on the server. However, with the default settings, the marked for deleted email will not be deleted on the server. The instructions by jaytee are for using a POP account. There is no option for deleting messages on the server in the account/rules/more rules... (only an option for BCC) when you edit an IMAP account settings. For an IMAP account, under the messages menu, select "Purge Deleted". The default is "never". Switch this to "on next sync".
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    this is the point of imap. to have the same inbox/folder where ever you getting your mail.

so, no there really is no way to del from the treo and not del from the server.
    That's not totally true. You can set the options for download to the inbox on the Treo to only unread. Right now, I have e-mails in my inbox that are not on my treo and I don't ever want them to be because I read them already.

Bottom line is that you don't need to have a complete copy of your inbox when downloading. Seems to me it should be possible to do the same when deleting. If this violates any standards, too friggin bad. I like to keep my e-mails, but I can't afford to keep them on my Treo forever. I expect the IMAP server to be my archive, not the RAM or SD card in my Treo.

Fatal flaw in my humble opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    That's not totally true. You can set the options for download to the inbox on the Treo to only unread. Right now, I have e-mails in my inbox that are not on my treo and I don't ever want them to be because I read them already.

Bottom line is that you don't need to have a complete copy of your inbox when downloading. Seems to me it should be possible to do the same when deleting. If this violates any standards, too friggin bad. I like to keep my e-mails, but I can't afford to keep them on my Treo forever. I expect the IMAP server to be my archive, not the RAM or SD card in my Treo.

Fatal flaw in my humble opinion.
    You actually can delete from your treo and not from the server. In my previous post, I noted that you can junk the email on your treo and even confirm that you want to delete from the server. But unless you Purge deleted emails, the email will remain on the server.

That being said, I agree with Felipe. If you don't want to synchronize your emails exactly, then don't use IMAP. Use POP instead. POP is much faster.
    I don't have the option to use POP. My company's e-mail system is IMAP.

The Messages->Purge Deleted thing is kind of brain dead. There needs to be an option for "purge deleted and not the junked"

Frankly, as it stands, I don't understand the difference between delete and junk. seems as though there's no distinction for IMAP. The difference only exists w/ POP right?

UPDATE:

I see under Options there's a storage tab where you can set a time limit on the age of messages. If this will purge my messages on the Treo and not the server, I can live with it, If not, it is also brain dead.

Ideally, though I'd like to be able to choose which messages go and which stay.
    Last edited by duoart; 06/17/2004 at 12:34 PM.
    Under mail storage, where the default is "Never remove email", what email is it refering to? Deleted email? All email? I don't get it. If it's just removing email i'm syncing to my treo after a certain amount of time for no reason, i'm not interested in that function.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Dunno..

I'm led to believe that it will blow away a message your inbox after it gets to a certain age. I'm assuming that it would NOT remove it from the server.

but I could be wrong....

Seems Snapper owes us an explaination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    no. syncing sent doesn't work.
    I wonder if they are going to allow this in another release? My main interest in using IMAP was to sync with my sent folder. I want email sent from my Treo to show up in my Outlook sent folder for future reference.

CTDW
    Quote Originally Posted by ctdw
    I wonder if they are going to allow this in another release? My main interest in using IMAP was to sync with my sent folder. I want email sent from my Treo to show up in my Outlook sent folder for future reference.

CTDW

not in the 2.0 release, but they say they are working on it. Something about having to be in a special format.
    Felipe
    ctdw - Chatter does what you want...

-m
    The way around the non-sync'able sent folder for me was easy with Fastmail (this was Will's suggestion) ... just BCC a copy back to yourself and create a RULE in Fastmail OPTIONS to file all incoming mail from your email address into the Sent Items folder. Works for me. I am also confused about the delete/purge commands as well as the "remove" option. I suspect this will move old email to your SD card but I suppose when the folks at Snapper come out with a User Guide all these mysteries will be explained...
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast