Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 142
  1. #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    I saw the option to "confirm before junking" but I think this is a lame workaround. Why should I have to hit a confirmation "ok" on every single junk message, just to avoid accidentally deleting one out of every hundred or so that I mistakenly mark as junk? I can see myself getting into the habit of just pressing J and then center button immediately, and then I'm back to square one.

    Again, I can't think of any good reason why they would change this behavior. Can anyone?
    I have the same habit and I've found a workaround at the error of marking as junk an important mail...

    I set up the account also in the handspring mail app, so if I junk some mail in error I can go to the "other" email app and retrieve it again from the server before snapper synchs again.
    Ciao

    Ettore
  2. #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    What issues does it cause? I'd love to know, I have IDLE turned on for my Dovecot IMAP server and Chatter hits it all day long without any problem.
    I've just read (mostly sprint users) because of the constant connection of lost calls. Are you on a CDMA network? If there is constant chatter (no pun intended) between the treo and the network calls in that timeframe will be lost.
    (Proven by my girlfriend who gets mad that I listen to shoutcast streams on my treo all the time )

    I believe GSM lucks out by having data and voice at the same time, though.

    Plus i've read of added battery drain.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
  3. drc
    drc is offline
    drc's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    #103  
    if I originally purchased the SnapperMail Premier Edition with lifetime upgrades will I automatically get the 2.0 version ??
  4. #104  
    I thought I set up my yahoo imap server settings correctly, but the connection fails and the connection log reports "socket closed by peer". Huh???
  5. #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrC
    if I originally purchased the SnapperMail Premier Edition with lifetime upgrades will I automatically get the 2.0 version ??
    I was told, 'Yes'.
  6. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    I've just read (mostly sprint users) because of the constant connection of lost calls. Are you on a CDMA network? If there is constant chatter (no pun intended) between the treo and the network calls in that timeframe will be lost.
    (Proven by my girlfriend who gets mad that I listen to shoutcast streams on my treo all the time )

    I believe GSM lucks out by having data and voice at the same time, though.

    Plus i've read of added battery drain.
    I really hate to get off track, but GSM cannot do data and voice simultaneously. This seems to be urban legend around here.
  7. #107  
    does lighwav work witn new Snappernail beta?
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    I really hate to get off track, but GSM cannot do data and voice simultaneously. This seems to be urban legend around here.

    doesnt this depend on the phone and the carrier?

    i thought it there were/are different gsm levels. and depending on how many channel the carrier opened up for a gprs/gsm connection you could have both happen at the same time, if the phone supported it.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    I really hate to get off track, but GSM cannot do data and voice simultaneously. This seems to be urban legend around here.
    My GSM 270 would pause the data transfer when a phone call came and resume it when the call ended without difficulty. My GSM 600 will send the call to voice mail if I am actively transferring data the moment a call comes in. (It will accept calls quite happily when the GPRS is connected, just not when there is an active data transfer occurring.). This is where the 'urban legend' came from, the appearance that the 270 could do both simultaneously.
  10. Minsc's Avatar
    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    My GSM 270 would pause the data transfer when a phone call came and resume it when the call ended without difficulty. My GSM 600 will send the call to voice mail if I am actively transferring data the moment a call comes in. (It will accept calls quite happily when the GPRS is connected, just not when there is an active data transfer occurring.). This is where the 'urban legend' came from, the appearance that the 270 could do both simultaneously.
    Interesting, I didn't know the 270 would to that. I wish the Tre600 would operate that way - for GSM or CDMA. As it is, both are the same: "active" data transfer will send the call to VM. Idle connection will let the call through.

    Felipe, I guess everything I've read suggests that it's simply not possible (yet). I certainly could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.
  11. #111  
    I've been trying the Beta. The thing I was most excited about was Card Storage but I couldn't get it to work. I been trying to move files over to my SD card since this morning. I think most of my confusion was from lack of a manual. I found this on the SnapperMail Yahoo group, so now I'm happy.


    Subject: Re: Card Archiving

    3am in the morning SnapperMail is currently set to do the card
    archiving thing. So either stay up until the or diddle with your
    system clock to see it in action .

    Some people have been having issues with the feature...we're currently
    not sure if this is a bug or a misunderstanding with the way the
    feature it set up. Please be aware that BY DEFAULT folders are set to
    NOT use the global Storage Preferences. So if you set the global
    Storage Preferences you still need to flick each folder over to 'Use
    default storage prefs' before anything will happen. This is kinda
    nasty UI we will hopefully address.

    Stuart Nicholson
    www.snappermail.com
    "Attitudes are contagious... Is YOURS worth catching?"
  12. wahili's Avatar
    Posts
    622 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #112  
    ok my send recieve takes 3m 40 sec to Sync INbox and then it starts to actually download email.

    with pop3 it went directly to download the most recent emails. what gives here. this is not right.. it is wrong!


    seriously are u guys waitin this long everytime u do a send and receive cuz thats just not practical
    Last edited by wahili; 06/10/2004 at 11:50 PM.
  13. drc
    drc is offline
    drc's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    #113  
    I downloaded the beta version I was wondering why my current unlock code is not valid I currently ave the SnapperMail Premier Edition with lifetime upgrades.

    Marc
  14. drc
    drc is offline
    drc's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    #114  
    When i try to delete a message on my handheld how do I get it to cause a deletion in the corresponding mail box on the web.
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrC
    When i try to delete a message on my handheld how do I get it to cause a deletion in the corresponding mail box on the web.
    Either use "Junk", or modify the account/rules/more rules... this lets you set up when you want to delete messages from the server. The more rules/deletion rules are defaulted to none selected, so the deletion on the treo does not affect the messages on the server. Junk will delete the message immeadiately (and irretrievably) on the treo, and cause it to be deleted on the server the next time you sync
  16. #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrC
    I downloaded the beta version I was wondering why my current unlock code is not valid I currently ave the SnapperMail Premier Edition with lifetime upgrades.

    Marc
    It's a beta. I assume lifetime upgrade people will get an official version in their download areas when the non-beta version comes out.
  17. #117  
    I downloaded the Snappermail new beta version. I never used Snappermail before. I like it very much. I have one issue with it. When I send email the time is correct as per the time on my Treo 600. when I receive email, the time is one hour earlier. How can I correct this?

    Thank you
  18. #118  
    Hi guys,

    Anyone having IMAP errors. I access a Domino server with OE6 and Outlook just fine, but Snapper 2 gives me the following errors:

    Opening Inbox
    IMAP Server: Message 13 is the first unseen
    IMAP Server: Predicted next UID
    IMAP Server: Permanent flags 1 purged from remote mailbox 35 exist in remote mailbox
    IMAP Server: SEARCH Database is not full-text indexed
    An IMAP server command failed
    Duration: 18


    I can enable full text on the mail, but that shouldn't effect IMAP. Any clues?

    Derek
  19. #119  
    Stephen and Computerfixitguy,

    Send an email to support@snappermail.com or beta@snappermail.com.

    CFG, I would also send a BUG log, they may have not tested SM with your type of server.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  20. #120  
    Help,

    I'm not clear on the Preference rules for Storage.**I want to manually move my older messages currently stored in folders to my SD card.**How can I accomplish this with the beta?

    The top drop down menu option refers to either never moving or moving mail after 1 - 14 days.**Does this mean moving to card or moving from the card (i.e.
    deleting)?

    The bottom or second drop down menu refers to keeping messages in RAM or moving to card after 1 - 14 days.**What does the "Migrate memory card" option
    mean?

    Again, how can I move messages currently stored in Snappermail (i.e.
    RAM) to the SD card? I want to relieve RAM of some space.

    Thanks for a great product and a chance to beta version 2.0!!
    Ndugu
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions