Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Real-ity: I beg to differ about IDLE causing problems; I use it all the time, and I'm not encountering any.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    Just set up with using IMAP with Exchange 2000 server (already use IMAP w/ several other clients). Snapper starts to download messages (2 days worth)but then stops. Log says:

Opening Inbox
    IMAP Server:: Is the first unseen mesage
    IMAP server: UIDVALIDIDTY value.
    3824 exisit in remote mailbox
    Internal IMAP error occured

Any thoughts on what's wrong and how to get it working? It does seem to connect to the server and I can start to see it go through various message, but then it stops
    MobileGuy,

In response to your email re: setting up SM2 to use with an Exchange 2000 server, can you advise or tell me where to go to figure out the settings to use with my company? They claim that, even though we have OWA, that there "is no way" to dial into the Exchange server w/an IMAP client- the IT folks are VERY paranoid about security; we can only VPN through the internet or dialup to use Outlook to receive and send email, unless we use OWA instead of course! Funny though, I can SEND mail from Snapper directly through our server via SMTP, so it looks like I sent it from Outlook on my desktop.

Thanks,

Neo
    Anyone help a registered Snapper user. I paid for the enterprise version and get a free upgrade when it comes out.

Downloaded 2 yesterday and my registration code does not work. Any ideas?
    The Toad
    i believe i understood that you do not need to (or in fact can't) put in a registration code for beta 2.0. when the actualy software is available in august, you'll need to download that and THEN input your registration code which should work. someone correct me if i'm wrong....
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoNeopet
    MobileGuy,

In response to your email re: setting up SM2 to use with an Exchange 2000 server, can you advise or tell me where to go to figure out the settings to use with my company? They claim that, even though we have OWA, that there "is no way" to dial into the Exchange server w/an IMAP client- the IT folks are VERY paranoid about security; we can only VPN through the internet or dialup to use Outlook to receive and send email, unless we use OWA instead of course! Funny though, I can SEND mail from Snapper directly through our server via SMTP, so it looks like I sent it from Outlook on my desktop.

Thanks,

Neo
    I believe your system admin enable IMAP and/or POP3. Needs to be done on the server.
    Yes I meant idle imap. Imap to me is pointless unless it's idle. That's one of the main features of imap to me! Oh well... I'll stick with Snappermail 1.9.2 & treohelper. PERFECT combo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Minsc
    There's a little known trick for getting "push" email through Snappermail. Here's a rough idea of how it works: there's a free app called TreoHelper which, among other things, can be used to trigger certain events based upon SMS messages. One of these events is launching Snappermail. So what some of us Sprint users have done (there's more than 1 way to do this, so I'm sure GSM users have a different method) is to have our email account forward a copy of every email to our Sprint PCS email account. One of the options in the Sprint mail account is to have an SMS sent to your phone whenever new mail comes in. The subject line of this SMS always reads "Check your PCS Mail" or something to that effect.

You then setup TreoHelper to launch Snapper anytime one of these SMS messages comes in. SnapperMail then launches, donwloads your email, and disconnects. (if you choose this setting) This effectively gives you true push email, with no need for polling.
    Could you walk through that with a little more detail, pleeeeeeeeeeze?
    When you say some sprint users have their email account forward a copy of every email to your sprint pcs email account, how do you do that? Can that be done with any pop email account you've got configured on snapper?
    thanks
    Remember SMS can work as a mail gateway, so you can do the SMS push trick on non Sprint accounts too if you have something like procmail which can trigger a notification email to SMS your phone.
    Pete
    Has anyone gotten treohelper to work with the new snapper? I couln't and had to go back
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970
    Has anyone gotten treohelper to work with the new snapper? I couln't and had to go back
    This is supposed to be fixed in the next beta release. I read on the snapper forum that a new release with some bug fixes (including a fix for getting treo helper to work) is due either tonight or the next day. I'm waiting for this as well, Treohelper in conjunction with snappermail really does the trick.
    sweet, tks
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    What other way is there to get email other than to poll for new mail or click the send&recieve button? Unless they're going to implement IMAP idling (proven to cause issues as the connection is constant).
    What issues does it cause? I'd love to know, I have IDLE turned on for my Dovecot IMAP server and Chatter hits it all day long without any problem. I did read once that someone was having POP before SMTP problems with IMAP, but that's just a configuration problem. I run POP before SMTP and my client (Treo) never drops out of the database - they're just not culling the right messages from their logs that's all.

The Snappermail solution just doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned. Going into Snappermail and telling it to sync takes to long - it takes forever to sync my accounts. Yes, if I was polling they would be insync (up to my last poll). But why should I poll when there might not be anything there to get? That's what IDLE is all about - don't waste resources unless you need to. Leaving IDLE out of Snappermail was a major mistake as far as I'm concerned. That and the fact that it costs $60 ($30 upgrade from the premier edition)! Come on, that's a little pricey as far as most apps go don't you think?

Dunc
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    Could you walk through that with a little more detail, pleeeeeeeeeeze?
    When you say some sprint users have their email account forward a copy of every email to your sprint pcs email account, how do you do that? Can that be done with any pop email account you've got configured on snapper?
    thanks
    ido, I'll send you a PM on this.
    god bless you, minsc!
    Has anyone been able to get 2.0 to check their Hotmail?
    The version that works with TreoHelper, version 2.3.0.2 is now on the Snappermail link. Theres no notice on the site of an update but they mentioned it on the yahoo group.

Also, I'm not sure but I think it was either fusemail or fastmail that I tested that would allow you to get hotmail from it. The other option is to forward the hotmail account to a pop3 or imap account.
    But does the new version work with lightwav?
    Well color me stupid....I thought that one of the features of 2.0 was to be able to check Hotmail, at the MSN hotmail site, w/o needing to use fusemail or the like. I thought Hotmail was IMAP?
    However, I can't find any info on it, so I am probably wrong...LOL

Was I wrong in that assumption?

Thanks for the clairificaion on this. Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80
    The version that works with TreoHelper, version 2.3.0.2 is now on the Snappermail link. Theres no notice on the site of an update but they mentioned it on the yahoo group.

Also, I'm not sure but I think it was either fusemail or fastmail that I tested that would allow you to get hotmail from it. The other option is to forward the hotmail account to a pop3 or imap account.

does anyone know what else was fixed or improved in the newest beta release?
    Hotmail is http, not IMAP.

bye
    Ciao

Ettore
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast