Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    The difference between Junk and Delete is that delete simply deletes it off your Treo. Junk takes it off the Treo and then deletes it from the server the next time you connect. This has been a great way for me to limit the number of junk mail messages on my home computer every night. Because I can "junk" them as the day progresses, I don't have to look at them again when I get home.

I saw the option to "confirm before junking" but I think this is a lame workaround. Why should I have to hit a confirmation "ok" on every single junk message, just to avoid accidentally deleting one out of every hundred or so that I mistakenly mark as junk? I can see myself getting into the habit of just pressing J and then center button immediately, and then I'm back to square one.

Again, I can't think of any good reason why they would change this behavior. Can anyone?
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    The difference between Junk and Delete is that delete simply deletes it off your Treo. Junk takes it off the Treo and then deletes it from the server the next time you connect. This has been a great way for me to limit the number of junk mail messages on my home computer every night. Because I can "junk" them as the day progresses, I don't have to look at them again when I get home.
    Deleting from Snapper WILL delete it from the server, (after your next sync of course) in an "IMAP sort of way"... In other words, the email will have a line drawn through it, indicating that it's been deleted. If you access your IMAP account from another client such as Outlook, you probably should set up a filter to not display deleted emails. Then when you get home you won't be seeing the same emails.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I'm not using an IMAP account, I'm using POP3.

And I want to delete some emails from the Treo, but not the server. And others I want to delete from both. So I set my treo to never delete the deleted items from the server, just the ones marked junk. That's the beauty of having a junk function.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    installed Snapper 2 last night. I am using TMO internet plan and i have hard time to complete downloading attachment. either it is too slow or it seems hangs. not sure it is the issue about the app or the connection.
    the look is ok. missed the fish.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    I'm not using an IMAP account, I'm using POP3.

And I want to delete some emails from the Treo, but not the server. And others I want to delete from both. So I set my treo to never delete the deleted items from the server, just the ones marked junk. That's the beauty of having a junk function.
    sorry, my bad. I just assumed everyone in this thread is using IMAP since we'll all so excited for the 2.0 release!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    installed Snapper 2 last night. I am using TMO internet plan and i have hard time to complete downloading attachment. either it is too slow or it seems hangs. not sure it is the issue about the app or the connection.
    the look is ok. missed the fish.
    What kind of data plan do you have?
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    I know. IMAP is the main reason to upgrade, I suppose, but I do like a lot of the other new features. I'm just perplexed by this one simple change that basically renders my old methodology dangerous, at best. I've emailed them; maybe they can give me some sort of explanation.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Is anyone else experiencing difficulty consistently downloading multiple messages w/o error? (IMAP)
    I attached a picture in email and sent it to myself using Snapper 2beta. I received the email but I cannot find out the attachment. I cannot download the attachment and no where it indicates the picture attachment as a "paper clip" icon.

it only happens when I try to send a picture. I tried to send a doc / excel file and it worked very well.

any tips? bug?
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    What kind of data plan do you have?
    I have the T-Mobile Internet Plan (19.99)
  11.    #71  
    Hello again,
    I've going back to pop3 instead of IMAP. At the moment Snapper doesn't support the German ISP "web.de and gmx.de". I've to wait what will happen to that in the future.
    The card issue i can use and it is helpfull at all.
    I can wait for I have a lifetime upgrade. ;-D
    Walter from HMC
    wisdom is born by questions
    The PDA world before my Treo 750:
    Casio, Siena, Psion 3a, Revo, m505, m515, vX, Treo 270,
    Treo 600, Nokia 9300, MDA Vario, ASUS P525

MacBook 13"3 Core 2 Duo 2GHz 2GB 160HDD and
    Treo 750 both actuell over exchangeserver by 1&1
    and my awesome Smart Roadster Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileGuy
    Is anyone else experiencing difficulty consistently downloading multiple messages w/o error? (IMAP)
    I cannot get IMAP to sync any old messages at all...only new (unread) ones.

Jeremy
    I think 2.0 is pretty disappointing! Sure you can use Imap but you still have to poll or manual fetch it. Pretty lame... I already went back to old version.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I think 2.0 is pretty disappointing! Sure you can use Imap but you still have to poll or manual fetch it. Pretty lame... I already went back to old version.
    As many, many people have pointed out...that is a bug. It'll be fixed in the next public beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    I cannot get IMAP to sync any old messages at all...only new (unread) ones.

Jeremy
    It's an option under your fetch settings...you probably have it set to something like 1 day and "only fetch unread".
    I got a fatal exception (soft reset) when manually selecting to disconnect just minutes after doing my first send and receive. My screen froze on the Snappermail send/receive screen.

Just tried disconnect again and screen seemed to freeze for about 30 seconds but no reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    As many, many people have pointed out...that is a bug. It'll be fixed in the next public beta.
    What other way is there to get email other than to poll for new mail or click the send&recieve button? Unless they're going to implement IMAP idling (proven to cause issues as the connection is constant).

What is the bug here? I'm using it and it's auto syncing every hour... i can't ask for any magic.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Downloaded last night and have found the IMAP features to be exactly what I have needed once I figured out and got all the preferences, settings right.

Still seems buggy. Set up capability to sync various folders with the Microsoft Exchange server I use. Worked great for a few hours. Then began to deteriorate: folder names became corrupt in the dropdown list (e.g., wierd characters, folders from two accounts interspersed, whole new look to the dropdown list) and folder sync reverted to "unassigned."

Started over. All fine. Then Inbox lost ability to sync (while other folders still synched, even one I created to sync with server Inbox). Inbox WAS set to sync just would not do it, lacked that little icon by the naming indicating it was to sync, and yet settings page will not let one play with choice of server folder for the Inbox folder (understandably).

Thought problem might be: installed to card instead of RAM and over the old version (as recommended) but that left bits and pieces of the old version in RAM. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled and now everything has been solid.

One question: Items sent from snappermail do not automatically get placed in my Sent Items folder on the server. No big deal: I create a folder to sync with Office's "Sent Items"; have sm automatically save to its sent folder; and just move messages from sm'ssent folder over on a periodic basis. But, seems unnecessary. Is there some setting I am missing?

As to price. For me, I now have the services and functionality I need (and could not get with, for example, Chatter) and can cancel the $15/month Bizcon charge I was paying to Sprint in order to get to my folders through a much less convenient way. Upgrade looks like a pretty good deal to me.

Your mileage, of course, will vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    It's an option under your fetch settings...you probably have it set to something like 1 day and "only fetch unread".
    Nope. It will not sync with my IMAP server. I have been and am in contact with Jennifer about it. We shall see....
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    What other way is there to get email other than to poll for new mail or click the send&recieve button? Unless they're going to implement IMAP idling (proven to cause issues as the connection is constant).

What is the bug here? I'm using it and it's auto syncing every hour... i can't ask for any magic.
    There's a little known trick for getting "push" email through Snappermail. Here's a rough idea of how it works: there's a free app called TreoHelper which, among other things, can be used to trigger certain events based upon SMS messages. One of these events is launching Snappermail. So what some of us Sprint users have done (there's more than 1 way to do this, so I'm sure GSM users have a different method) is to have our email account forward a copy of every email to our Sprint PCS email account. One of the options in the Sprint mail account is to have an SMS sent to your phone whenever new mail comes in. The subject line of this SMS always reads "Check your PCS Mail" or something to that effect.

You then setup TreoHelper to launch Snapper anytime one of these SMS messages comes in. SnapperMail then launches, donwloads your email, and disconnects. (if you choose this setting) This effectively gives you true push email, with no need for polling.

The bug he's referring to is that with the new 2.0 release of Snapper, it doesn't seem to automatically download/sync email when TreoHelper launches it.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast