Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Felipe-

I am using a 100% IMAP4 compliant host. I have used several different IMAP clients with no problems whatsoever (versamail worked fine, but has its other issues). I did send a bug report, but cannot figure out for the life of me why it won't sync. It will recognize unread messages, but it simply won't sync any other kind of message.
    Last edited by 02flhrci; 06/08/2004 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo typo typo
    FWIW, 02flhrci, I use Chatter for my IMAP email, and just use Snapper for attachments. I'm going to promote a new Beta this week that seems very stable and has some nice, new features.
    I had been using the same combination of Chatter for IMAP and Snapper for attachments. It worked fine, except for the fact that my server treats POP and IMAP messages differently, so that if I allowed Chatter to download my usual 100 spam messages and 2 or 3 good ones and then delete all the spam, they'd still be there when I did a send and receive with Snapper. So I essentially had to download all that spam twice. And Snapper is so slow at downloading messages it's painful. Is my host weird, or is that just the way it is supposed to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    FWIW, 02flhrci, I use Chatter for my IMAP email, and just use Snapper for attachments. I'm going to promote a new Beta this week that seems very stable and has some nice, new features.
    Marc- I am a Chatter user, but as far as I can see, it simply won't work for me. I have multiple IMAP accounts with multiple folders that I need synchronized. I also really need my attachments without messing with another program. Not trying to shoot down Chatter, but email is vital to my business. If you ever DO decide to write a full email client...I would absolutely be interested.

Thanks,

Jeremy
    Chatter handles multiple folders on multiple clients (although only 8 can be "online" - i.e. real-time syncing at one time). Attachments... well... yeah.

Marc
    Any future plan for Chatter to deal with attachments?
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    If you ever DO decide to write a full email client...I would absolutely be interested.
    I'm sure that Marc has the smarts to do this <g> - but whether he wants to is another matter. VersaMail is a bit old really - even version 2.5 - I'm hoping they will come out with a "Treo" optimized version that uses the 5-way nav. They have also come a long way with attachments over the years. So if Marc wants to create a new one, I would suggest he make every feature that is available in VersaMail available in his, plus make it work better for the Treo and attachments. Personally, I use WebAccess for any item that has an attachment that VersaMail can't handle, and I doubt I need to hit my WebAccess more than once or twice a week.

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by loudpocket
    I had been using the same combination of Chatter for IMAP and Snapper for attachments. It worked fine, except for the fact that my server treats POP and IMAP messages differently, so that if I allowed Chatter to download my usual 100 spam messages and 2 or 3 good ones and then delete all the spam, they'd still be there when I did a send and receive with Snapper. So I essentially had to download all that spam twice. And Snapper is so slow at downloading messages it's painful. Is my host weird, or is that just the way it is supposed to be?
    Sounds like your server duplicates the mail in two places, one for POP and one for IMAP. This could be because the two servers don't play well together or for filesharing reasons (a user someplace probably tried to access both at once). It's not really weird, just different I guess.

My own IMAP host has one Maildir for both POP and IMAP.

Do you have access to a spam program like SpamAssassin? I send all identified Spam to a spam folder, so POP never sees it and I only sync the spam folder on IMAP with my desktop.
    Pete
    bring back the fish! please....
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    my Lightwav alarm also does not work. And I just spent 30 minutes recording the blackberry email sound to get it to work on my treo (sounds pretty good - i added a bit of reverb).

anyone get it to work yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by theatreguy
    bring back the fish! please....
    Since I only concern myself with the truly important matters, I emailed Snapper and told them I missed the snappy colors and my beloved fish. I got a reply from a guy who said they are trying to sell more to corporations and needed it to look more "professional."
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    The one thing I don't like about this new version is the change in junk behavior. Previously, if you hit "J", the mail would be tagged for junk and thrown into the trash. Now, it's immediately obliterated. As I've accidentally gotten overzealous with the "J" button a few times and marked a few emails Junk that should not have been in the past, I think it kind of sucks that I now have no way to go back into the trash and remove the junk tag. My only option if I want that email to remain on my server is to wait until I can get to a desktop and download it before I sync with Snappermail again.

Can anyone think of a good reason why they made this change?
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Just set up with using IMAP with Exchange 2000 server (already use IMAP w/ several other clients). Snapper starts to download messages (2 days worth)but then stops. Log says:

Opening Inbox
    IMAP Server:: Is the first unseen mesage
    IMAP server: UIDVALIDIDTY value.
    3824 exisit in remote mailbox
    Internal IMAP error occured

Any thoughts on what's wrong and how to get it working? It does seem to connect to the server and I can start to see it go through various message, but then it stops
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjoec
    The one thing I don't like about this new version is the change in junk behavior. Previously, if you hit "J", the mail would be tagged for junk and thrown into the trash. Now, it's immediately obliterated. As I've accidentally gotten overzealous with the "J" button a few times and marked a few emails Junk that should not have been in the past, I think it kind of sucks that I now have no way to go back into the trash and remove the junk tag. My only option if I want that email to remain on my server is to wait until I can get to a desktop and download it before I sync with Snappermail again.

Can anyone think of a good reason why they made this change?
    Under preferences, you can change it so that it will confirm all junk messages.

Unfortunately, even when I do hit Junk, it doesn't seem to delete it off the server anyways.......
    What are "Ghost" tm messages? under IMAP rules one can check to retain them... thanks
    What's the difference between "Junk" and delete? I noticed delete doesn't remove it from the message list until it's sync'd with the server, but junk does. Any way to make a deleted message look deleted instead of adding crossed out lines?
    -Versamail user, Snappermail newbie.
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    Chatter handles multiple folders on multiple clients (although only 8 can be "online" - i.e. real-time syncing at one time). Attachments... well... yeah.

Marc
    Chatter works fine for me to get email. I have never been able to get it to send successfully. It ends up getting into an endless loop that requires me to reset and reinstall chatter. So I have to send with Snapper.

-d
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    Any way to make a deleted message look deleted instead of adding crossed out lines?
    -Versamail user, Snappermail newbie.
    Go to messages menu, "folder view". Uncheck "show deleted messages."
    I don't know what your sending problem is... Can you send me another log and I'll take a look (maybe my eyeballs work better today)?

Marc
    Marc, that's great! Look forward to it...
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast