Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Oh man, $60 for an IMAP email client, when palmOne ships a POP3 one for free...

Thanks,
    Peter
    Mine looks just like Snapper's web site. I have version 2.0.2.01. As part of the setup under the drop-down, you have to let it "initialize" your memory card.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I also don't see an option for storing messages on the card. Are we missing something?
    Yea, go to preferences and storage...that's where you set it. It works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob600
    Yea, go to preferences and storage...that's where you set it. It works fine.
    No it is not there. Read my above post,
    Has anyone had a chance to try this with a Fastmail.fm account? I've been waiting for this release to get IMAP access activated.
    Yeeeeessssssssssssssssssss!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters
    No it is not there. Read my above post,
    Storing messages on the card didn't work at first, but it does now. I originally had version 2.0.3.01 (downloaded this morning), and the option to store on the card wasn't visible. After seeing that Sparky had a different version, I re-downloaded the program from snappermail.com. Now I have 2.0.2.01 (an older version?) and can finally see the option to move mail to the memory card.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Heberman, strange! I also downloaded the beta this morning. it was 2.0.3.something, and it had a 60 trial period, and there was no option in the preferences section to move mail to the card. after reading these posts, I redownloaded the beta. now I've got 2.0.2.01, the trial version says 90 days, and under preferences I now have the option of moving mail to the card. so, something happened between this morning and now. I suggest those of you that are having problems try to redownload. see what happens.....
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Storing messages on the card didn't work at first, but it does now. I originally had version 2.0.3.01 (downloaded this morning), and the option to store on the card wasn't visible. After seeing that Sparky had a different version, I re-downloaded the program from snappermail.com. Now I have 2.0.2.01 (an older version?) and can finally see the option to move mail to the memory card.
    thanks. i'll redownload.
    ahhhh. that's better. thanks much heberman!
    At least the got rid of the old d@mn icon.

_dan
    UNEASYsilence
    I liked the fish. BRING BACK THE FISH!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    The SM faq says HTML messages are rendered but those I've looked at are 'rendered' as code and are more or less unreadable. Is it just me, my messages, or my SM settings? I didn't use the previous versions (no IMAP); how'd they do with HTML?
    If it auto fetches on my treo I am in!
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    just downloaded 2.0 . I got the pop3 to work but when I tried to connect to my netscape email accts which use imap I get a message saying that the the send or receive did not compete successfully.

I am using the same settings for imap that I use within netscape namely, the incoming and outgoing imap sever name of imap.mail.netcenter.com.

Is this program compatible with netscape?
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Has anyone had a chance to try this with a Fastmail.fm account? I've been waiting for this release to get IMAP access activated.
    It works, but it's slow. Probably not any slower than POP, but it seems like it. Maybe I was just expecting too much. I'm ready to downgrade already.
    IMAP is frequently slower than POP, because it's more "chatty". That's one of the reasons async operation is so important for IMAP.

Marc
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 02flhrci
    So I have installed Snappermail 2.0b and it will not sync with my IMAP server on either of my 2 IMAP accounts (same host). The connection log says "Protocol error while receiving from IMAP server". Any ideas? TIA
    Same here - I was going to "play" with it to see what it's like, but it downloaded three messages, gave me the protocol error, and doesn't even show the messages it downloaded. Back to VersaMail <g>.

D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz
    Same here - I was going to "play" with it to see what it's like, but it downloaded three messages, gave me the protocol error, and doesn't even show the messages it downloaded. Back to VersaMail <g>.

D.

I just bought Versamail, and it seems like it doesn't handle MIME encoded attachments?? You have got to be kidding me?!?! I wish someone (*cough* Marc Blank *cough*) would write a good, full-featured IMAP client that actually works. This is very frustrating....
    as has been mentioned. if you downloaded early, the save to sd card wasn't an option. they released an earlier beta that had save to sd working.

They anticipate releasing a newer beta soon (maybe today) to fix it.

There are some IMAP servers that SM wont work with (like aol). FYI AOL said they will fix this in october.

If you want, you can send a bug report to support@snappermail.com. To create a bug report, from the message list view type bug. check off diagnostic log and then tap okay. Do a fetch to capture what sm is doing. After you get the error type bug again and uncheck the box.

an email will be created with this info. foward to support@snappermail.com. tell them what type of server you are trying to connect to.

I have used it with both GW and fastmail.

Yes, the fish has retired. Rumor has it he and flip are living in boston (ma).

you currently can't sync the sent folder.

they will work on the speed in 2.1. the coder feels there is some room to make it faster.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast