Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    Ya thats a good example. What kind of a dumbass expected the romans to have radio? I have my ideas....
    <flame snipped>
    lol. that just flew over your head didn't it?

i stopped reading your post after the first paragraph because clearly you work for handspring or palm to take such personal offense to criticisms of the unit

as for the word "century" - let me rephrase - let's limit the conversation for topics that fall within the last 100 years

again, feel free to leave this thread and free from your flames and attacks on me just because i don't like certain things about the t600.

i did read your last line though. why did i buy the treo? well, had money to burn and found it for a good price. so i thought - meh. why not.

but i won't let you take away my right to criticise it but you are entertaining though. like a little puppy that won't stop barking. eventually, even cute puppies turn annoying.
    Last edited by rossoneri; 06/10/2004 at 10:46 PM.
    Ya youre entertaining bordering on annoying too. Especially the fact that you wont open your eyes long enough to see anyones point but your own. I am not flaming you. I am disagreeing with you. Do you have a problem with that? You seem to have a problem accepting a conflicting opinion as anything other than an attack. What's up with that?
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    lol. that just flew over your head didn't it?
    Not really. It was just a really poor analogy. If it was at all humorous it was because it was so stupid.

i stopped reading your post after the first paragraph because clearly you work for handspring or palm to take such personal offense to criticisms of the unit
    You give up pretty easy. If I did work for HS/P1 I would have gotten a working phone the first time as well as a nice case and a great headset.

as for the word "century" - let me rephrase - let's limit the conversation for topics that fall within the last 100 years
    Well if maybe you'd said that in the first place. Since car radios, like the ones we're talking about, werent invented until 1929 I think I am well within your 100 year limit.

again, feel free to leave this thread and free from your flames and attacks on me just because i don't like certain things about the t600.
    Thanks but I'll stick around. You really dont understand what flames are do you? I am just disagreeing with you. I see your point and find fault with it and am pointing that out. You clearly dont like to be wrong so you wont even read a post. Youre probably fun in a live conversation. How many minutes before you get pissed and walk away?

i did read your last line though. why did i buy the treo? well, had money to burn and found it for a good price. so i thought - meh. why not.
    The best stuff is in the middle. Maybe the fact you had money to burn is why you dont appreciate what you got. Me, I had to work hard to buy my treo. Any idea what thats like?

but i won't let you take away my right to criticise it but you are entertaining though. like a little puppy that won't stop barking. eventually, even cute puppies turn annoying.
    Ya I am trying to take away your rights here....bah. Clearly you have a lot to learn if you this someone disagreeing with you is an attempt to take away your rights.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
  3.    #43  
    another thing i hate about the treo - lack of wireless support but we're already talking about that somewhere else hehe
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof

The best stuff is in the middle. Maybe the fact you had money to burn is why you dont appreciate what you got. Me, I had to work hard to buy my treo. Any idea what thats like?
    who said i didn't work for it?
    WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A tragic fire on Monday destroyed the personal library of President George W. Bush. Both of his books have been lost. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer said the president was devastated, as he had not finished coloring the second one...
    I really dont have many. My main gripes:

Bluetooth: I can understand why WiFi is not incorporated, but c'mon, bluetooth? My life would be so much easier if I could just grab my bluetooth headsets from my older phones and put my phone in my console or armrest and drive without having to worry about it flying off of my lap and under the seat, etc. Blue tooth is a beautiful thing.

WiFi, im not too concerned with. I have the Verizon Treo600 and I have unlimited INet, but I would love to have WiFi to browse items on my personal network.

Im new to owning my treo, and not sure the origin of the stereo jack debate is coming from, but I would love if my apps all used my earpiece for sound output.

Dont get me wrong though. I consider my issues to be small, and those are things that I simply wish could be fixed. The antenae isnt a grip, but I would definately LOVE to have seen my phone without an antenae. That would have set the entire phone off. Im not sure if the Verizon version has a different cam, but mine takes pretty decent shots. MP3 ringtones from the factory would be nice, but I bought my phone to be productive while I am not at my home/office, and a ringtone isnt enough to stray me from purchasing a phone.

Another thing that I love is that you can set the phone to silence with a flick of a switch. Palm definately kept the business professional in mind, because I konw we all have been in a meeting and spent minutes trying to access all the appropritae menus to get our phones into Silent mode.

BTW, a $3 adapter at Radio Shack and palm marketting an adapter IS in their best benefit. Im pretty nuetral on the issue, but Palm makes pennies on the actual device. The money is in the accessories. If Radio Shack sells an adapter for $3, that is because it is radio shack branded and the the same part would more than likely cost $14.99 with a palm label. Want an example? Compare Monster RCA cables and Radio Shack branded cables. A stylus is a stick, a car charger is simple wire, a piece of metal, and plastic. But you can go on eBay and find both with a nonPalm label with a great discount. But I need everything in one device, thats why I bought a PDA/Phone. I changed carriers based on this decision [previously nextel]. I only want to carry a wallet, pack of mints, business card holder, and my treo. Not a pocket full of adapters, cards, and extra styli. But I can live with it the way it is.

BUT ONE MORE GRIPE! Larger memory on the device. I understand SD cards, but after I load my apps that I use daily and use Blazer, the Blazer cache gets ridiculous and I run out of memory. I have a concern with the SD slot wearing out because I keep ejecting accidently. Maybe if the slot was reccessed and a flap covered it I would feel safer? either way, I love the device, and none of my complaining is enough to make me not want the device. If I am doing something wrong where my audio doesnt play through my earpiece, please point me in the right direction
    My top gripes, on comparison with my last phone which was a Microsoft smartphone, and comparing to what I know of current smartphones are:
    1) Headset, I got a Stereo Headset as standard with my SPV. You plug it in and the phone changes to headset mode, there's no switching between modes from listening to music and taking a call - the phone does the switching. And every other phone I've ever had rings through the headset!
    2) The screen - OK the Ace might address this one
    3) The Aerial! The thing would look ten times better without it. OK I know it's a quad band phone, and it's not a deciding factor but it looks terrible.
    4) Sheer size. I do like the thumbboard, and that's the dictating factor here I suppose, still, it could be thinner and lighter. I might move back to a M$ phone to get back to smaller size though (and no external aerial). The latest M$ offering from Orange is the same size as a T68i.
    5) Multitasking - this is rubbish on Palm and no mistake.
    6) Poor integration of the SD card - in the Palm way it's treated completely separately from the main phone. In the M$ way it's not.
    7) File management - again this is one of M$ real strengths. I can't get my head round Filez, it's very user-unfriendly because of the way Palm organises files.
    8) Price, it does more things than a M$ Smartphone so it's reasonable that it is more expensive, but I can get one of those for free. I'll have to assess how much I like the larger software pool and stuff when it comes to decision time.

This is a list of gripes, there are many things I like about the Treo, but once my year contract is up I might switch back to M$, it'll be a close fought battle.
    Animo et Fide
    Speaking of windows phones, T-Mobile just released the HP h6315, specs are pretty cool but you have to have T-mobile:

1. wifi
    2. bluetooth
    3. camera

Those are the biggies.
    I fully agree with many of the folks here.

In fact Palm OS is a piece of **** compare to PocketPC. Palm OS developer's brain have dried. Even the Treo 600 is Handspring product.
    OK...ok..Palm OS does have some disadvantages but let us not overlook some of MS' OS drawbacks. Mr Gates is no dummy but these smartphones that carry MS OS still have a great ways to go before they will have the functionality and breadth that Palm OS has. Look at the development community that Palm OS has...MS still lags in software.
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"
    --Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123