1.    #1  
    Okay, here's the situation.

I upgraded to the new firmware when it first came out and things worked great until yesterday. Now when I try to make a phone call, it acts as if it stops dialing and says no service and hangs up. THis happens in Full Service areas.

So I did a hard reset and restored everything and it worked FANTASTIC for the first few hours. Now it's back to the way it was.

One thing I have noticed is that I can make a call, SOMETIMES but the moment I put it on Speaker phone, it clicks a bunch of times then says no service then hangs up.

I have no installed any new software (except for the Sound and Movie recording software, but did not reinstall them after the restore from backup.)

I went to a local sprint store stood in the long line for 10 minutes and then was told they couldn't "troubleshoot" anything today because their machine was down.

So I thought I'd try here and see if anyone had suggestions.

Thanks!

Grant
    --
    Visit www.throwingtoasters.com
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I read a post earlier about someone with "network search" issues after installing the 1.2 upgrade. He solved his problem by assuming the upgrade he downloaded might have been corrupt and downloaded the upgrade again, but this time from a different server. The second install solved his problems.

Not sure if this will help in your case or not...especially where things seemed to work fine at first. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Here is the link to that thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=51860
    Last edited by limoman; 06/07/2004 at 09:44 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I'll try this now and report back. Just have to wait for it to fully charge.
    --
    This could be an instance of the netork search hardware bug that happened to manifest as the updater was installed. My bet is on that; time to get it repaired.
    I had something similar happen today - I had been in and out of service areas, and then I dialed a # and it just hung for about a minute, then popped up the "retry/cancel" screen when it's not able to get a signal. Tried again, same thing happened.

Now this has happened to me quite a few times when there is a data connection running, but never with the 60 second hang in between. Maybe it was a fluke...
    I had the same problem - soon after the network search problem, the screen started flickering and the phone/apps were slow to respond. Ended up requiring a replacement. I had Hardware Revision B on my old phone... The new one is Rev C and has taken well to the 1.2 upgrade - not sure if the hardware rev was the only issue, but I restored from backup on SD card in both cases and the new phone works just fine
  7.    #7  
    Required a replacement...Phone? You took it in and got a new one? Just to clarify. I'm in the middle of reupgrading again. Will check it in a sec.

Grant
    --
  8.    #8  
    No luck with reupgrading...except that now it says "network Search" instead of no service. Looks like I'm going into the store tomorrow.

Yay. (That's sarcasm there!)

Grant
    --
    yep - new phone - spent some time on the phone with Sprint, went through the normal soft reset, hard reset process, then they told me to take it into the store to have a tech look at it

I got to the store & told them about all the resets I went through. They were about to tell me to go to palmone to download the 1.2 update when I cut them off & told them that 1.2 was what CAUSED the problem.

specifically asked them to re-flash the rom with the latest 1.2 firmware at the store - they said no problem & they would call when it was finished (2 hours or so)

4 hours later I called the store and it turned out that the phone wouldn't connect with their computers & I could come in and pick up my phone. I asked about a replacement & they said I had to speak to someone when I got there.

got to the store, waited 45 minutes for them to find my phone in the back, & when the guy came back (different one than earlier) he started explaining that I needed the palmone 1.2 update. Again, I explained that 1.2 caused the problem in the first place & I had done a ton of resets to no avail.

Eventually, they replaced the phone, but before I left, I checked the firmware. It was 1.10, so I asked the guy to please update to 1.2 while I was in the store so I could be sure it would work. I then found out that the re-flashing they do in-store is not firmware but software (the basic apps). Luckily, with the new phone, the 1.2 update seemed to be working well (so far....)
  10.    #10  
    How do I check the firmware version again? I forgot. Thanks! Just want to know before I head in tomorrow!

Thanks!

Grant
    --
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoy
    How do I check the firmware version again? I forgot. Thanks! Just want to know before I head in tomorrow!

Thanks!

Grant
    Go to your phone app. Then from the OPTIONS menu, select PHONE INFO. The firmware version is listed under SOFTWARE.