1. drc
    I recently purchased a 300 for my wife and am wondering how an SMS message can be sent. I see that they can be received but how do I send them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Marc
    The Treo300 does not support SMS out the box. You need a third party app called Treo300SMS:

http://pdaapps.com/TreoSmsApp/index.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    This application works very well. I found it excellent when I used a 300.
  4. drc
    what does the PDAapps Proxy password mean?? I filled in the others without problems.

Marc
  5. ead
    I have used PDAapps application and it works well. The issue that I have is that as a function of a change that Sprint made last winter, I no longer get sender information. I have spoken with PDAapps and they say that Sprint needs to make a change in their system (see below). Does everyone else have this problem? If so perhaps we could start a petition to Sprint?

"We've been talking with multiple people in Sprint at multiple levels and have been assured that something is being done about it, but then Sprint is a big company. We've also asked our friends at PalmOne and they will not release a Treo 300 update; instead they want Sprint to fix this issue.

If you want to organize a petition, we will be more than happy to support you. You may want to use www.treocentral.com 's Treo 300 forum. Once you collect sufficient number of petitions, we will be happy to put you in touch with people in the Sprint Level 2 support, Network Operations and a senior VP (who are all aware of this issue) to point them to this petition.

PDAapps support"