Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I am and early adopter of the T6, got mind the 2nd week it was available. I am now on my third T6, I as with many others patiently waited hoping beyond hope that the latest update would stabilize the Treo600. But to my dismay post after post still show that even with a replacement sooner or later you will get the Red X battery or Drop off and Network Search which recently happened to me on replacement #2. Never mind the aggravation of dropping calls, not being able to answer calls, never mind the waiting in line and being told “We have to test the unit first” never mind the wait for the test to complete “Sir, maybe you have some other errands to do while we test your unit” never mind the “We’ll call you when the reconditioned phones arrives” (This is new my first one the fedex’d).
    There is NO other product which I would take so much cr@p from and then continue to praise the product.
    The T/C members should start sending protest letters and emails to PalmOne! We need some avenue to drive them to resolve this issue. The T600 is a great phone! and we all Love the darn thing or else we would not put up with this cr@p. I’m not saying sue P1 and right now there is no other phone which would meets my Treo addiction.
    I just want P1 to acknowledge this issue is happening, I don’t want to go through the replacement exercise on this third Treo in three to six month. They should provide affected users with NEW T610s! ; )
    But knowing this is not probable I am wondering if some member or one of the T/C moderator (More Authority) could/would sponsor an effort to contact PalmOne with a history of all these Network Search replacement posts and get this issue resolved, be our lobbyist! Strengths in numbers! And get PalmOne to take notice and resolve this once and for all. It is apparent that Sprint is more than willing to continue to replace units. I guess they are taking the Auto Industry’s model hoping we will get tired of complaining and just die off.
    Any takers?
    I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I have Tmobile Treo and had no problems at all. I'm also in my second replacement but it was for a defective speaker. No big deal. I've been a Handspring customer since the Visor Deluxe and getting numerous replacement units is a fact of life with these rapidly changing technology. Am I upset? No way. As long as they keep replacing the damn units and as you can tell I am still a diehard Treo 600 supporter. As an alternative, did you consider dumping Sprint and go to another carrier? Maybe, just maybe, it's the carrier that's the problem, not your Treo.

I doubt very much if TC can help you anymore than what's available in these threads which is really the best place to solve your Treo problems. In fact I thought I saw a thread where "Network Search" was caused by corrupt servers while downloading the updates?

Just my .02 cents. But hang in there Buddy. Right now, I am enjoying my Treo - Pda, phone, camera, voice recorder (which I now use a lot!), video camera, video player, pocket computer, MP3 player, gaming device, calculator, alarm clock, internet access, and more exciting apps yet to come!
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Good point maybe it is Sprint, I may chekc that out...
    I'm thought I could buy a Treo 600 to get rid of all the problems with my Treo 180. But obviously...

I have now the forth T180 and two defects were the same as you mention: Dead speaker and endless network search.

Maybe I should by a phone from a REAL cell phone manufacturer. At least they know how to make phones. Yes, doing phone calls is still the reason number one why I carry a phone around with me...

Unfortunately I do not know another manufacturer making phones with Palm OS. Do you?
    samsung and kyocera but no keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by robotron
    samsung and kyocera but no keyboard.
    ...from a Europe point of view, there is - to my knowledge - no other GSM phone with palm OS