Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just received the attached from my Google news-alert for Treo-related information. Speaks to Verizon's head honcho confirming that the Treo will soon be offered.

VERIZON eyes Web-based calling; Fiorina on Sun Micro
    Investor's Business Daily (subscription) - USA
    ... In response to a question, Seidenberg said Verizon would "soon" offer
    its service over the popular Treo smartphone from PalmOne (PLMO). ...
    http://www.investors.com/breakingnew...21532090&brk=1
    That does not say the TREO would soon be offered by Verizon.
    Here is the quote from the article:

"In response to a question, Seidenberg said Verizon would "soon" offer its service over the popular Treo smartphone from PalmOne (PLMO)."

I don't know about you, hengeem, but it seems pretty clear to me that Vreizon will soon offer Treo 600.
    Then you cannot read or perhaps simply have no language comprehension.

Thanks for playing though.

And see my post under the Sprint/Verizon forum.

=====

Editted to add:

Clue for the hopelessly clueless - to state that a device will be compatible with one's service, will be approved for one's service, says nothing about whether one will oneself be carrying that device.

--------

For example, pretend that the link below is for Verizon:

-- http://www.tmobile.com/products/hand...00/default.asp

Go ahead, click on it. Yup, there's the TREO 600 on Verizon's web site. It's available with Verizon service, of this there is NO DOUBT. Now click on the "Purchase the TREO 600" link (left side near top sort of).

Shazaam!

What's THIS!?

We're not at Verizon anymore, we're at PalmOne to buy the TREO 600!

WAITAMINUTE!

I thought ==Verizon== was carrying the Verizon TREO 600 not PalmOne!!!!

Oh.

Wait.

That's right.

Verizon didn't say they were going to carry the TREO 600, did they?

(now then, were you able to keep on pretending you were at a Verizon site or did you slip into T-Mobile-think?...)
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 06/07/2004 at 08:19 PM.
    verizon will offer its service over the treo 600 soon but will not sell the treo in its stores. you can unlock the phone and then bring it to verizon to activate service on it.
    at least this is how im assuming¤
    edit : this is how im betting it will go based on how " thˆ
    wth?!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Then you cannot read or perhaps simply have no language comprehension.

=====

Editted to add:

Clue for the hopelessly clueless - to state that a device will be compatible with one's service, will be approved for one's service, says nothing about whether one will oneself be carrying that device.

--------

For example, pretend that the link below is for Verizon:

-- http://www.tmobile.com/products/hand...00/default.asp

Go ahead, click on it. Yup, there's the TREO 600 on Verizon's web site. It's available with Verizon service, of this there is NO DOUBT. Now click on the "Purchase the TREO 600" link (left side near top sort of).

Shazaam!

What's THIS!?

We're not at Verizon anymore, we're at PalmOne to buy the TREO 600!

WAITAMINUTE!

I thought ==Verizon== was carrying the Verizon TREO 600 not PalmOne!!!!

Oh.

Wait.

That's right.

Verizon didn't say they were going to carry the TREO 600, did they?

(now then, were you able to keep on pretending you were at a Verizon site or did you slip into T-Mobile-think?...)
    Seldom:

You often go off the deep end, but this beyond compare even for you. And I thought "It all depends upon what "is" is was the epitome of absurdity. What difference does it make if Verizon or PalmOne is the seller of the unit - Verizon's service is still available on the Treo 600.

And by the way, no more of your crying "You guys just resort to personal attacks" - your thoughts aren't even worth that.
    So let's see if I get what some of you are saying. Some of you think that the CEO of Verizon was playing word games by saying that we will offer Verizon service on the Treo but not offer the Treo. If you really believe that, name another phone that VZ Wireless supports but that you cannot purchase through VZ wireless. This is a trick question; there is no such animal. Simply put, this is not their MO.

Isn't a much more logical to assume that when Ivan was answering a question (it was not prepared text) he didn't expect that members of a Treo forum would analyze every word and the syntax in which the off the cuff answer was given.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Seldom:

You often go off the deep end, but this beyond compare even for you. And I thought "It all depends upon what "is" is was the epitome of absurdity. What difference does it make if Verizon or PalmOne is the seller of the unit - Verizon's service is still available on the Treo 600.

And by the way, no more of your crying "You guys just resort to personal attacks" - your thoughts aren't even worth that.

Amen
    well said, dstrauss.
    as far as vz service offered on treo without selling the phone in the stores, I was just surmising..
    that scenario wouldn't make much sense to me either but I was just trying to make sense of what seldom's rant was all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihparker
    So let's see if I get what some of you are saying. Some of you think that the CEO of T-Mobile was playing word games by saying that we will offer T-Mobile service on the Treo but not offer the Treo. If you really believe that, name another phone that T-Mobile Wireless supports but that you cannot purchase through T-Mobile wireless. This is a trick question; there is no such animal. Simply put, this is not their MO.
    I changed the words a little. Still a valid question, right? Hey! Check out the answer!

One device - ONLY one - the relatively-uber-expensive relatively-low-voluime niche TREO 600!

So much for MO...

======

Isn't a much more logical to assume that when Ivan
    was answering a question (it was not prepared text) he
    didn't expect that members of a Treo forum would analyze
    every word and the syntax in which the off the cuff answer was given.
    That certainly IS a possibility and nothing I've typed above eliminates that possibility. Indeed this entire discussion COULD be moot eventually.

But right now it is not. The words out of the CEO - off the cuff or previously thought about, said what they said. We shouldn't "fill in the information gaps" with our own hopes.

Unfortunately, as with the now-much-too-repeated PERFECT example of T-Mobile, what is implied and what ACTUALLY happens are two entirely different things WAY too often with PalmOne - they PURPOSEFULLY obfuscate information (hmmm...can one do that?) so the gullible will jump to unwarranted conclusions. Thus when PalmOne says "WXY" that's all there is to it - there isn't any "V" in front of it and it is TOTALLY WRONG to assume there is a "Z" after it.

Will Verizon be CARRYING the TREO 600?

At THIS point in time we do not know. Period.

(Does it MATTER? Probably only to those who are interested in how MANY TREO 600s are sold, etc, but not to a single end-user - though there might be some sort of quality difference between PalmOne and Verizon should the TREO need support attention)
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Do you notice how this (and the other personal commentary bull****) add literally NOTHING to the discussion at hand?

Think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    as far as vz service offered on treo without selling the phone in the stores, I was just surmising that scenario wouldn't make much sense to me either
    Then you haven't done your homework on carriers and the TREO line and did NOT follow the T-Mobile link I gave above - that link is, as noted, is the PERFECT example of where Verizon COULD (not necessarily WILL) go.
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 06/08/2004 at 05:43 AM.
    It will be great if Verizon does pick up the Treo 600 regardless of how and where we have to get one. I currently have a Treo 600 through Cingular and am having some problems with it locking onto the Cingular network even in high coverage areas. Cingular says it is a hardware problem and they will "try" to get me a replacement since they are no longer going to sell the Treo 600! I followed up on this and they confirmed that the "retail" division will not sell it but it will get support from the "commercial" division. Anybody know anything about this or what that means? I would rather have been on Verizon all along, but did not have a choice if I wanted the Treo when I purchased it 3 months ago.
    reliable insider reports indicate that verizon will be selling and supporting the treo 600 before July 4. we have no option but to continue waiting to see if it is true.
    seldom gets no points for diplomacy or tact. truly one of a kind
    pi$$ of as many as you can
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Do you notice how this (and the other personal commentary bull****) add literally NOTHING to the discussion at hand?

Think about it.
    What do your own words add to the discussion at hand?:

"Then you cannot read or perhaps simply have no language comprehension.

=====

Editted to add:

Clue for the hopelessly clueless - to state that a device will be compatible with one's service, will be approved for one's service, says nothing about whether one will oneself be carrying that device."

Simply put, just stop being a jerk. Its unnecessary. One can argue, discuss, disagree and not get along with others without resorting to idiotic insults and snide remakrs and overt obnoxiousness. So just knock it off already. Why are you alone on this board unable to behave like a human being?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast