Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. RNJ
    I use the nutshell case I bought for my T180. It is a bit too wide, but does the job fine. Am so afraid I will drop it though. Only downside is that when the phone rings, I often disconnect or reply while pulling it out...
    barebones with screen protector. i've tried 2 aftermarket slip-covers, i liked the covertec better than the krussell (no clip, the covertec is more smooth on the back). but in the long run, i hated them both, gimmicky and plastic like, took away from the products appearance and added bulk. the fix for me? carry it in my pocket and carry it carefully, and when in a shoulder bag i put it in its o.e.m. sleeve.

cheers
    Naked of course! Right front pocket facing in (obviously ) ! I do use protection (boxwave). And the vibration ... oh yea, babeee !
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Barebones with pa1mone screen protector and in the pocket it goes ...and on very, very rare Occasions, I'll put it in the non-working seido holster.
    G2's and barebones in left front pocket or cargo pocket of my shorts. Facing in. Only one scratch somehow so thank goodness for the protector.
    For those of you just using a screen protector, do you find that the screen protector gets scratched/scuffed/worn a lot faster? Also, it seems that most of you use Boxwave's. I've got a Boxwave on my Zodiac and like it, though it does cloud the image a bit. One of you mentioned using an Overlay Plus which I understand is super-clear (but has the issue of more sun glare). So, I'd be curious to know how the Boxwave and Overlay Plus compare in terms of resisting wear when carried around this way.

One of the things I liked about my Treo 300 was that I could carry it around naked. With the Treo 600's exposed screen I was worried about that, though I did think that maybe it could be pulled off by going the screen protector route. Good to hear that so many of you have had success with that.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Only weirdness I have is that I have to take mine back off occasionally and clean under it. Since the protector isn't "one" with the screen and has to be put in, I just get some small bits o' fuzz under the protector. Again, just removing it and cleaning it seems to take care of the problem. I can even reinstall the same one. Been using the same protector since November with only the one small scratch on it. Spare one that came with it is waiting for me to REALLY scratch up the first one or until I can't get it clean. Not sure when that will be as mine looks like it will last a while at this point...
    Barebone with a screen protector. I keep it in my left pocket, but make sure the screen is facing my leg with the antenna down.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Option 2 for me, in the pocket, in a very tightly fitting Krusell case with a pliable, clear plastic front. Compared to my old Palm Vx with Omnisky modem AND a cell phone, it's a great solution!
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Screen protector only, and it's always the lone occupant of my left front pocket, facing in, antenna *up*.

Y'all keep talking about all these high-dollar screen protectors. I use the cheap-o ones from Fellowes. In fact, I'm still using the ones I used on my Treo 300. They fit fine. I've only just replaced one since I got my 600 back in November.

No noticeable cosmetic issues with the phone, screen's in perfect shape. Like many others, I did lose one of the little rubber covers from the back. Damnit. I guess I should call somebody.
    I still have my rubber thingys. While the chrome paint around the screen looks nice mine is chipping in more than one place. The rest of the case is fine a far cry from the 180 which after a month looked like it was 7 years old. It scratched so easily.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee
    I still have my rubber thingys. While the chrome paint around the screen looks nice mine is chipping in more than one place. The rest of the case is fine a far cry from the 180 which after a month looked like it was 7 years old. It scratched so easily.
    When did you get your 600? What hardware revision is it? Mine's a B. I wonder if they tightened the little rubber plug things up on the Cs.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Of course, I guess I could slap a small piece of electrical tape over it. That would be prudent. At least until a better solution comes along. Of course, it's been Lord only knows how many months now, exposed to the elements. I'm sure there's more dust in there than in--well, I was going to make a crude reference to Janet Reno, but I will restrain myself.
    1) Boxwave only. In pretty good shape. I have a bright area which was probably due to pressure from my digital camera one time they shared a pocket together. @ days ago, a piece of sand appeared in the middle of the screen, under the boxwave and somehow on the screen. It moves when I bump it and there's no way to get it totally off the screen.
    I use combo of Boxwave and eGrips (wrapback), along with the occ¬
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz24
    2 days ago, a piece of sand appeared in the middle of the screen, under the boxwave and somehow on the screen. It moves when I bump it and there's no way to get it totally off the screen.
    Ummm...take off the screen protector, then blow. Quickly! Yer screen's gonna get scratched!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    50% barebones, 50% Handspring case. I like the fully covered front - the pliable plastic.
    Screen overlay + 30% barebones, 70% Covertech horizontal belt case.

Never in the paints..... I don't like the lint getting inthe SD slot even though I have a card in all the time, the gap is too big. The SD slot is not sealed / isolated from the rest of the board.
    When did you get your 600? What hardware revision is it? Mine's a B. I wonder if they tightened the little rubber plug things up on the Cs.
    Mine is revision C
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast