1.    #1  
    Anyone with a GSM account with T-Mobile ever have problems making or recieving phone calls suddenly? Just this morning (no warning or previous problems) and all day suddenly I am not able to make or receive calls...though about 1 out of 20 or so will work.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Never had this problem, but first thing I'd try is power the phone all the way off then back on again. If that doesn't help, call T-Mobile and see if there's a network outage in your area?
    It's happened to me here in Houston, but it has only occurred a couple of times. When it did, I was driving. My suspicion is that it has to do with crossing network coverage (thus the problem only occurring while I'm driving).

When this problem hit me, I held down a key assigned to a particular number and it "dialed" the number (no tone though) and then just go reverted back to the phone screen. Then I tried manually dialing the number- same problem Then I attempted to dial other numbers. No luck. This went on for about 20 minutes (even tried a soft reset to no avail), and then all of a sudden the phone began working again. Very strange.
  4.    #4  
    It started working again yesterday evening....that was frustrating. I am on a call back from T-Mobile support, hopefully they will call and can figure out what caused it.
    I have this sometimes in California on Cingular - you make a call and you get no connection and go back to dialpad. It's 100% a network issue probably related to local network outages or maintenance. I get the same effect on a Nokia handset.