1.    #1  
    Luckily I never had the need for any type of backup software for my old T300 but hearing all the issues people have with their T600s, I have decided to pursue a backup software program.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the best (and hopefully FREE) backup software program for a T600? Pros/Cons would be great as well.

TIA...
    backupman is extremely simple an inexpensive. works beautifully.
    BackupBuddyVFS is very good too. Make sure you get the latest version as the old one dealt poorly with Restoring individual files.
    i use backupman. it is good and you can save multiple copies of your backups.
    I use backupman very easy and simple work weel both backing up and restoring in bulk or individual files.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Whichever backup app you decide to get, you can get it $5 cheaper at Handango using this promotion code: F425D4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    BackupBuddyVFS is very good too. Make sure you get the latest version as the old one dealt poorly with Restoring individual files.
    I was using the latest BackupBuddyVFS (version 2.15) and had a situation where I had to restore from my sd card. I was very upset to find out that only half of my data was restored even after trying it numerous times.

I switched to BackupMan.
    I highly recommend Botzam Backup. It has encryption, compression, scheduling (that can work under keygaurd), and restoration of single files. Ive used it to restore after a hard reset with no problems.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for all the feedback...
    I use Backupman in conjunctin with BlueSync and SyncAll to backup all my data. Backupman backs up my ram to the SD card every day, Bluusync backs up my SD card to my PC in case I lose both my Treo and SD card, and finally syncall makes sure all my data os backup via hotsync in ram...

The whole setup work well for me, but the recent introduction of BackupBuddy 2 Beta is intriguing because it combines all three apps into one backup solution! I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a fresh solution...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Ive been using the BackupBuddy 2 Beta and can say it is a much better solution than BlueSync, if only for that fact that it can ignore certain directories on the card when backing it up. It doesnt have the "sync" capability of BlueSync, but a real card reader is much better for adding files to the card anyway.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Botzam Backup is da Bomb :-)
    Does BlueSync take a long time to backup the SD card? It seems like it would be very slow to copy 256 megs of MP3s and other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Does BlueSync take a long time to backup the SD card? It seems like it would be very slow to copy 256 megs of MP3s and other stuff.

It only takes a very long time to sync the first time. Afterwards it just syncs any changes on the SD card to keep the information current. Of course, if you have a daily new backup set for example on your card, the sync will be longer...

Some other really cool features of Bluesync is that you can sync files from the desktop to the card bypassing the install tool. Thus, if you want to install a large multimedia file like a vid, mp3's etc, all you have to do is copy/paste the files to the card on your desktop and Bluesync will automatically sync the files to the card on the next hotsync. Finally, Bluesync also makes copies in "card archive" of all the files you have deleted from the card. Thus, if you accidently delete something even months ago from the card, you can always just go back to the card archive to get it back. For example, I recently did that to find a really old Backupman restore set from a couple months ago which I used to restore my Treo to an earlier state!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    JBBackup has saved my bacon more than once.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway