Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I like using this program for recording short movie clips with my treo's camera. But has anyone found a way to email the file as an attachment? If so, can you explain how? Can it be done with Sprint BC or the mail application that came with the 1.20 Sprint update?
    Here is a quick tip for sending any type of file directly from your treo using the free sprint Mail / PalmOne mail application:

Simply change the extension to .jpg and place it in the appropriate folder on a SD card. It will show up as a pictures that can not be displayed, just choose it and it will send. I am not sure how well this would work with the PCS picture services...because of file size and having the recipient of the email having to convert the file themselves on the Sprint Picture site after downloading...

-CK
    Do you think the same will work with AT&T?
    Hi guys,

Any idea how to convert the MVR file extention in MovieRec to something playable (Mpeg or anything like that!) for the life of me I can't find any software that would do that!
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Meedo,

Dont know if the site is still up, but there used to be a guy who hosted a conversion program. The link used to be on Ryans website on the same page as the link to movierec.
    http://www.infinityball.com/movierec110.aspx

liink is still there but I dont know if it works...
    Don't forget that Live! can export directly to .avi in RAM or your SD card. Makes it a whole lot easier.
  7.    #7  
    What's "Live!"?
    I converted the file to a jpg extension, saved in on my SD card, but now I can't move the file. I'm using FileZ (thought it would work), but when I select "move", my only choices are External or Internal card. Is there a better program to move files to specific directories?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    IN filez, you have to select the external card, then type the path in the space below. I find it easier to move the file to the root of the card, then move the files around on a PC with a card reader if you are going into a deep dir structure...your mileage may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by BP57
    What's "Live!"?
    Live! is the video program from http://toysoft.ca that can export directly to .avi file format. It can record video and sound, but export is video only at this point. The export is a breeze though, and you can then e-mail your .avi to anyone.
    Live! is the video program from http://toysoft.ca that can export directly to .avi file format. It can record video and sound, but export is video only at this point. The export is a breeze though, and you can then e-mail your .avi to anyone.

I like the concept of Live, in which you export the video to an avi and e-mail it to friends. Unfortunately, you need a specific codec to view the avi, so it can't be watched unless you have this codec.

MovieRec has a Desktop Java-based app to make videos that can be seen by anyone.

Neither can currently make desktop-watchable video with sound, and neither can do 3gp for weblogs.

Both are great...So close to perfect!
    Last edited by Bujin; 06/08/2004 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    I like the concept of Live, in which you export the video to an avi and e-mail it to friends. Unfortunately, you need a specific codec to view the avi, so it can't be watched unless you have this codec.

MovieRec has a Desktop Java-based app to make videos that can be seen by anyone.

Neither can currently make desktop-watchable video with sound, and neither can do 3gp for weblogs.

Both are great...So close to perfect!
    Incorrect, the .avi codec is standard on all media players. Can be watched on all Widoze computers and the Treo with MMPlayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Incorrect, the .avi codec is standard on all media players. Can be watched on all Widoze computers and the Treo with MMPlayer.
    However, on Toysoft website it states you need an adaptor to view the files exported from Live! to view on desktop
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Hmmm, I just took anothe look at the Toysoft website and now do not see any mention of needing any additional software to view AVI films made on the Treo via Live! exported to the desktop. Did something change?
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Hmmm, I just took anothe look at the Toysoft website and now do not see any mention of needing any additional software to view AVI films made on the Treo via Live! exported to the desktop. Did something change?
    I think their manual said something about needing a codec to view the movie.
    It is plain simple .avi format, Windoze media player has this universal codec.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Incorrect. AVI is not a codec. It is a file format. Big difference. If your player plays AVI files, that's great. But in order for it to correctly interpret a particular AVI, it must have a corresponding codec installed.

"Codec" is slang for "encoder/decoder." The codecs used by various file formats allow the players to decode the content correctly.
    I didn't mean to start a large debate... the simple matter is that I watch other avi's on my home comp & couldn't watch the Live version (it wouldn't play on my work comp either). When I read the manual, it referred to specific shareware codecs needed. One decoded the video, but left a large 'nag message' on the vid, while the other was time-limited. MovieRec, OTOH, had a desktop (rather than Treo) video converter, which required no special codecs.

If others managed to watch the Live vids, that's great - but I'm pretty sure the codec isn't 'universal'.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Bujin, where does one get that desktop video converter for MovieRec? I went to Ryan's website where he lists two version of converters but neither seems to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by write1here
    Bujin, where does one get that desktop video converter for MovieRec? I went to Ryan's website where he lists two version of converters but neither seems to work.
    This site is the Java-based desktop converter for MovieRec files:
    http://www.ent.ohiou.edu/~puri/Treo600/java/index.html

By the way, for anyone looking, these are the sites that the Live manual lists as necessary to download the "MJPG decoder":

http://www.jpg.com/picvideomjpeg.htm (Splash screen Nag. Not time limit)
    http://www.morgan-multimedia.com/technicalsV3.htm (Time trial)
    Last edited by Bujin; 06/09/2004 at 01:26 PM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast