1. blw
    The headset that comes with the Treo600 isn't very good. It's hard to hear in both directions, and is rather uncomfortable because it's much bigger than others.

Any recommendations? I know that Palm sells an upgraded one, but I'm a bit miffed that they'd include such a crappy one and expect me to pay to upgrade to something they already have...

So far I've just been using the one from my previous Nokia phones, which is better but not great.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Well, depends on what your looking for. I have been trying out headsets for the past week and have returned all of them except one. One of my requirements is the answer/hangup button is a must. The Jabra boom is great sound, very loud, no button, goes back. The Plantronics for the most part have pretty good sound, button does not work with the Treo, goes back. The body glove by fellows work pretty good, button works, volume control and mute switch seem to work, I keep. Got it at Best buy, they were all on sale this past week, not sure if they still are but you may want to go down there and try a few out to see what you like.

good luck

rob
    I use the body glove. Available from either Fellowes or Sprint. Has Button to answer, mute and volume control. Coupled with the Seido switch i can listen to music and then talk, listen to music, talk and on and on..
    The Toad
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the Logitech Mobile Earbuds? There is a boom and a non boom model.

Just wondering cause they are looking like a good option with the retractable cord.

here is a link from buy.com

http://www.buy.com/retail/searchresu...mobile&loc=111
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Tried quite a few, then decided to go for broke and invest in "The Boom" by Umevoice.
    www.theboom.com
    Expensive but worth it. Everybody impressed with the noise cancelling quality and clarity. Worked flawless for about 2 months but recently developed a problem. Recipient was hearing static. Called Umevoice got an RMA, sent it back, by the next day a unit was on it's way to me. I should get it tomorrow. Umevoice confirmed there was a wire problem and I had no trouble getting it replaced (as of yet). Only problem is they don't do an advanced replacement so I've been using the Palm supplied unit. What garbage.
    I love the QuietSpot by Shure. I also have the BodyGlove. The BG is ok but it can't touch the QS. Great noise cancelling mic. I would not buy it from them directly at $50. I got mine on eBay for $23.
  8. dhl
    I'm using the unleash wireless and am very happy with it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by toadmanor
    I use the body glove. Available from either Fellowes or Sprint. Has Button to answer, mute and volume control. Coupled with the Seido switch i can listen to music and then talk, listen to music, talk and on and on..
    I'm thinking of getting the seido headset and thought that it alone can handle calls, would you please elaborate on wow do you switch from phone to mp3, a brief review of the Seido 2-in-1 would be graet, since I can't find one nowhere. If not possible a GO on NO GO would be enough but a review would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I am thinking of buying one of these, anyone tried one?

http://www.auracomm.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by alex_mayorga
    I'm thinking of getting the seido headset and thought that it alone can handle calls, would you please elaborate on wow do you switch from phone to mp3, a brief review of the Seido 2-in-1 would be graet, since I can't find one nowhere. If not possible a GO on NO GO would be enough but a review would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    The Seido two in one has a button that switches from music to phone. When a call comes in you simply switch the button to phone and the music no longer is heard. The phone conversation takes place. When finished talking switch back to music and listen intently.
    The Toad
    I have used dozens and dozens of headsets (maybe over 100), and have come to this conclusion

The best one out there, bar none is the Shure Quietspot. Period.

Excellent sound, great noise cancelling mic (this one actaully does something), and stays put.

Worth every penny. Money back guarantee.

I find the foam tips work best, but it all depends on your ear.

Don't let the price deter you - you get what you pay for with Shure.