1.    #1  
    Stupid 1.20 update (for Sprint.) I followed the install instructions by the letter. 15 minutes later, I have big troubles now.

My main problems:

1. There is a 3-4 second pause when I push any of the access buttons to the left or right of the 5-way button to start my Treo.

2. If I try to access the phone via the "access phone" quick button to the left of the 5-way navigation button while the Treo is already on, the screen goes blank every time.

3. BY FAR THE WORSE ISSUE is that now every time the Treo goes to sleep or standby mode, I lose my phone/network connection.

4. Finally, the "Palm Powered" screen now pops up evertime I turn it on. Not really a problem, just a nuisance.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
    "Pain is temporary; quitting lasts forever." -- L. Armstrong
    Did you do a complete backup to maybe an SD card? There were some minor issues when I upgraded last night. I did a soft reset and then restored from the backup card. The results were just great and kept me from doing a hard reset. from reading the various posts here and on the PalmOne site, a hard reset and then a restore from a previous backup takes care of most issues. What you describe above has not happened to me.
    Ben
    Did you do 1.10 first? That was a headache. 1.20 solved everything for me!
  4.    #4  
    800# said to take the Treo to the Sprint Store. The Sprint Store rep took it into the back office and emerged 20 minutes later with a diagnosis, "no update will fix what is ailing this thing." Since they do not have a Treo in the store, I will be called in the next 2-3 days with my replacement. Crud.
  5.    #5  
    FIXED!

Thanks to the "Update Update, Update" post, I found someone who had the same 1.20 install problem that I had. He too had a program called "Today" that when removed makes everything okey-dokey. All's well that ends well.
    comforting knowing that treo users solve more of their own issues than csr's, isn't it,?

THANK GOD FOR TREOCENTRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by dpower

3. BY FAR THE WORSE ISSUE is that now every time the Treo goes to sleep or standby mode, I lose my phone/network connection.
    Glad your problem is fixed, but if you continue to experience connection problems, check the Network Search issue. The 1.20 upgrade triggered this issue in my phone. See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=10.

~~~~~
    i just got a Sprint SMS message telling me to go upgrade. With *SO* many problems reported I'm frightened to even attempt an upgrade (I'm not a techno whiz anyway). Will there be any "safer" version of the upgrade coming any time soon? Is it worth me even attempting the upgrade? Replies welcome!
    I got the same SMS, I havent upgraded again yet. I deleted some seldem used programs, and all seems well again....for now
    Jim@treo1.com
    <a href="http://treo1.com">
    treo1.com
    One Stop, plain and simple
    <a href="http://treo1.com/index650.htm"> Visit our new Treo650 optimized site!!</a>
    <a href="http://palmoscentral.com"> Visit our new website palmOSCentral.com!</a>
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    No issue here!! Worked great using the updater. I have had to replace my treo in the past due to the "Network Search" issue.
  11.    #11  
    I was traveling the last few days and my battery got low. I tried to power-up and then power-down to conserve juice. The Treo continued to get stuck on the Sprint "Goodbye" screen...a soft reset was the only cure. That's new and I hope a direct function of battery power.

Anyone else expereice this. If so, any fixes?
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinpb
    No issue here!! Worked great using the updater. I have had to replace my treo in the past due to the "Network Search" issue.
    Just curious . . . does your new phone fall within the ESN range (see my post above) of units that are susceptible to the "Network Search" issue? My new phone is not in that range, but after my earlier experience, I'm hesitant to install the 1.20 update.
    Had sme ofthe same problems with the update. TODAY is working now but have troubkle getting LauncherX. My problem is I can't get Sprint mail to work. Any ideas? Picture mail has always worked but new Sprint mail that comes with the update does not. Shows me regikstered correctly but cannot send or receive mail. Thanks. John
  14.    #14  
    Yes, mine falls within the ESN range
  15.    #15  
    Plus the issue I am experiencing during shut down...a hang of sorts on the Sprint Goodbye page (see post above)...finally sorts itself out after a few minutes. That is better than a soft reset everytime but still uneacceptable. Anyone else having their Treo take 2-3 minutes to shut down?