Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    JuneFabrics - the creator of the PdaNet software - is proud to annouce the development of a new exciting software code-named PdaMirror (subjected to change when released). We are looking for beta users to download and test this software, available at http://www.junefabrics.com/pdamirror :

Ever dream of controlling your Palm Handheld directly from your PC? With PdaMirror now it is possible! All you need to do is just connect your PDA to your PC with the HotSync cable, and PdaMirror will take care of the rest to bring you the what-you-see-is-what-you-get experience live on the PC monitor.

Below are just a few goodies the current (beta) version powers
    1.Display the realtime content of your PDA screen on the PC and allow you to use the keyboard and mouse to interact with it...which you are more comfortable with.
    2.Can even turn off the display on the device while you are interacting with it on the PC -- a great way to save battery power on your PDA when it is in use.
    3.Display a floating edit window over text fields so that you can easily edit the content of a Palm text field on the PC -- including copy, paste content from your computer.
    4.Support different Palm skins as well as two different sizing. You can select a different look of a real Palm device you like when the screen is displayed on the PC.
    5.Allow screen-shooting any Palm application UI.
    PdaNet(PalmNet) Support
    Let your PC go online using Treo
    <a href="http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet">http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet</a>
    Hmm... this sort of sounds like Tapsmart Handshare imo. What does your software do that MobilityWare's does not already do? Tia...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I LOVE PDA MIRROR!!!! Where do I pay???!!!! Handshare never worked for me, whereas PDA Mirror works perfectly.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    WOW!! that works great! now we just need to be able to do that over the internet instead of usb. possibly by sending a SMS to the phone to initiliaze the internet session? omg, the possiblities =D
    Last edited by kevp913; 06/07/2004 at 12:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevp913
    WOW!! that works great! now we just need to be able to do that over the internet instead of usb. possibly by sending a SMS to the phone to initiliaze the internet session? omg, the possiblities =D

Like I already said, you can ALREADY do that with Tapsmart Handshare...that is connect via TCP/IP connection or usb and they have a Treo600 specific skin for it too! I'm not trying knock PDAMirror...Far from it actually. In fact, I welcome more competition in the arena which is good for all users. I'm just trying to find out what additional value-added features JuneFabrics plans to include in their product as there are already similar applications already available in the market. Good luck to the JuneFabrics team and I hope the best of luck with their new product!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Okay, there is one major advantage so far of PDAMirror that I do like very much which the ability to connect without the need of a separate "usblink app" as required by Tapsmart! That is indeed nice!

I really liked the product. I seems to be the solution that I was looking for to use the Laptop Keyboard as the Treo KB. It really works good, including the support for the localized Turkish keyboard. On the other hand, have some problems with the keyguard, since pressing the center key on the PdaMirror does not deactivate it.

The scenario is,
    1. connect with the PDAMirror,
    2. turn of the pda screen with the power button on the PdaMirror (the one next to the minimize button.),
    3. launch the phone app. and make a call.
    4. The screen turns on with the keyguard message and the center button on the PdaMirror does not unlock and the power button does not turn off the screen. But the other buttons work.

And, I would love to have a Treo skin
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Okay, there is one major advantage so far of PDAMirror that I do like very much which the ability to connect without the need of a separate "usblink app" as required by Tapsmart! That is indeed nice!
    It looks to me like they both operate in a 2 tier fashion. One tier being the PC which requires a program to be active (the "usblink app" in your words) and the second tier being the T600 which also requires a program to be active. In that regard they look the same to me. What am I missing?

...David
    Nice app. I remember having something similar when testing a WinCE device. I agree with benekli..A treo skin would be a great addition!
    You know, if you could pipe the sound into the app so the Treo sounds come thru the PC speakers, we could dial the phone and make calls via the PC using the PC speakers and possibly the mic!!

Could also answer incomming calls the same way!

this would be great!
    Serpico
    ---------
    Newton->Palm Pilot->PalmIII->PalmVII->iPaq->i705->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650
    remote pc via USB connection???

my USB connection cable is not long enough for me to remote my PC thou.
    if it is a wireless via BT (ouch, treo does not have bt function), that would be good.
    Without flaming please - why is this something that I can't live without? I use VNC on my Treo regularily and I find it indispensible for fixing machines. But why would I need something similar to get to my Treo? I carry my phone with me all the time, if I need to fix something I whip out the stylus and do it. Am I missing something here?

Dunc
    may be it is "nice to have" rather than "must have" apps.
    This app allows you to control your TREO from your PC via the USB... not the pther way around.
    Serpico
    ---------
    Newton->Palm Pilot->PalmIII->PalmVII->iPaq->i705->Treo300->Treo600->Treo650
    I realize that it lets you control your Treo from your PC - and i see no need for that. I can't imagine any scenario where I would want my PC to control my Treo - unless it was purely for novelty sake.

Dunc
    This is a great app. Downloaded it a few days ago. I use it at work now a ton. I can play with and configure new apps and play around with my treo without having it in my two hands and away from my work PC

Also nice at work if you don't want to install palm desktop and use it as a secondary sync'ed pc away from home, you can view the actual treo on your screen. Can even double size it to make it easier to read.

I found myself reading some ebook pdbs durring lunch the other day via tealdoc on my pc with this.

I could see other uses like being able to see who's calling (like a remote caller ID type thing) by popping up the window. Plug in a headset or use speaker phone, and make a call and operate the treo with a mouse and keyboard and leave the treo on the desk.

And it's very stable. I'm sold!
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    It would be really cool if they could map the treo microphone and speakers to the PC mic and speakers ... then u could have a laptop with phone capabilities !!!

Already SMS typing is a lot easier now using Handshare
    I really like the app if only it was just a little more "treo friendly".

It would be nice to see a Treo or Zire skin (as the existing are VERY old palms). Also would be nice to have the keyboards ALT key mapped to the BLUE button of the Treo so we could use that ALT-Phone, Atl-Cal, etc. Maybe I'm just missing this button that mapped to a different key....

That's the biggest piece I miss, below are just some nice enhancements.

It would also be nice to take advantage of the USB connection to allow you to run apps on the local network. What I mean by that if FTP, Telnet, etc to the internal private addresses. I miss having a working VPN...

The speaker/Mic idea sounds great as well. Mouse drags would be nice too.

Overall it's nice app that even has a pretty good refresh rate running a video off the memory card.
    One advantage I see is the ability to use the 600 as a single internet access point and eliminate DSL or cable access at home. I'm sure the speeds are slower...but if you can live with it, what the hey and save some dough!
    I'm having problems using this app. I installed it on my WIndows XP Pro. When I hotsync this app didn't launch by itself. There is a small icon on the system tray that says PdaNet Desktop: Not Connected.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast