1.    #1  
    Hardware/software developers, what about this...

For those of us that don't have land line phones, the major drawback, of course, is that we have only one phone set in the house: our Treo. If it's far away and rings, we need to run to get it. Wouldn't it be nice to have cordless phone sets around the house that 'talk to' our Treo to get an outside line?

I'd imagine someone could develop what I'll call a "smart dock" and cordless-phone-type handsets which talk to it (similar to the concept behind multi-set cordless phones, where extension units can be placed anywhere in the house and 'talk to' the base station to get an outside line.) The smart dock could then act as a charger, sync station and conduit to phones around the house. When your Treo rings, the base station knows it and all extension sets in the house ring like a normal phone and work like a normal cordless phone so you could take the call; and you could use the phone to make outbound calls just like a regular phone.

I'd probably pay at least $100 for the base station, and $100 for each phone set. What would this be worth to you??
    These devices already exist for "other" phones--namely Motorola and Nokia phones. They look pretty good, as any regular phone can be tied to it. I've never seen one in real life, but they would be nice.
    --
    Brent Haag
    Referencing something I read a few months ago, here is one company that has responded to me, by saying they have gotten a lot of requests for a unit that would be compatible with the T600. I don't see a unit referenced on their site yet, but suspect it will just be a matter of time. It is exactly what you are asking for.

Jeff
    That would be cool.. However I would prefer a HS cradle with that ability. That way I can just plug it in, and not have to worry about wether I can HS or not.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowracer
    Referencing something I read a few months ago, here is one company that has responded to me, by saying they have gotten a lot of requests for a unit that would be compatible with the T600. I don't see a unit referenced on their site yet, but suspect it will just be a matter of time. It is exactly what you are asking for.

I sent them an email requesting support for the T600. I figure the more requests they receive the more likely they are to create one for the T600.

...David
    I just got this reply:

Hello Edward,

We do not have plans on supporting any Treo cell phones. We are currently
    work on a model for Nextel cell phones.

Regards,

Sandy
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Would you please rephrase the header for this so it doesn't sound like this device already exists? thanks
    drmrw on a treo 600 gprs t-mobile

"One out of 3 people has two people standing next to them..."
  8.    #8  
    Sorry, I tried renaming the thread, but the site told me I don't have permission to do that.
  9.    #9  
    I've contacted Cellsocket as well. Hopefully someone will smarten up here and offer such a product.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Wow....what a great product. Now I have to have one....but I noticed they don't support any phones on the Sprint network. I wonder what the chances are of them supporting a Sprint Treo?