1.    #1  
    I was talking to a friend over lunch the other day. He used to be my SprintPCS rep and is now the Indirect Reps Manager. He told me he heard that the new Treo would be out on Sprint this fall. He heard it
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  2.    #2  
    ...have Bluetooth and would be called the Treo "Ace". I debated posting this for three days, but decided if I didn't and it turned out true I'd be bummed. Now flame away!
    It'll be fun.
    Ok, I'll flame it... Let's see, yet another post "claiming" a bluetooth Treo without a FCC license for it... NOT POSSIBLE! When will you learn, if you want to get everyone excited about something fake, at least make it plausible. A new radio transmitter requires a new FCC license code, until that gets appoved, it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION!

Mind you, they could just re-release the Treo 600 with various non radio mods and not need a new license. But Bluetooth isn't gonna happen unless we know about it from the FCC first...
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate
    Ok, I'll flame it... Let's see, yet another post "claiming" a bluetooth Treo without a FCC license for it... NOT POSSIBLE! When will you learn, if you want to get everyone excited about something fake, at least make it plausible. A new radio transmitter requires a new FCC license code, until that gets appoved, it's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION!

Mind you, they could just re-release the Treo 600 with various non radio mods and not need a new license. But Bluetooth isn't gonna happen unless we know about it from the FCC first...
    I assume they kept vendor ID O8F or the old Palm FCC ID and didn't get a new one? (I found nothing indicating a new ID when searching)
    Quote Originally Posted by temfate

Actually it is possible since the vendor can request the FCC filings be kept sealed until launch. For example the PalmOne Z72 (w/BT) FCC filings were not released until the day after that product was launched...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Actually it is possible since the vendor can request the FCC filings be kept sealed until launch. For example the PalmOne Z72 (w/BT) FCC filings were not released until the day after that product was launched...
    Seems like the day after (as opposed to the day of) wouldn't be allowed, I should be able to get that info if I can get the device. But, yeah, it doesn't surprise me that the data can be suppressed until release.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrashear
    Seems like the day after (as opposed to the day of) wouldn't be allowed, I should be able to get that info if I can get the device. But, yeah, it doesn't surprise me that the data can be suppressed until release.
    or maybe .....The day after... tomorrow? bwa ha hah ha...
    I KNOW... HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE JOKE, but i just had to.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks Gfunk. Look, I am NOT going to argue the merit of this rumor at all. I just want to be able to point to this little thread and show my circle of geeky friends how incredibly "inside" I am if this turns out to be true. If not I will be happy for this to fade into obscurity!
    It'll be fun.
    I doubt it... but is is possible... at least theoretically
    Wow.. a new Treo a year after the 600. Seems about right.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Thanks Gfunk. Look, I am NOT going to argue the merit of this rumor at all. I just want to be able to point to this little thread and show my circle of geeky friends how incredibly "inside" I am if this turns out to be true. If not I will be happy for this to fade into obscurity!
    I would just like to point out almost two years after the fact that I WAS right about this. The 650 did indeed come out, and as we ALL know they were calling it the Ace for quite some time.

Damn, but I'm good.
    It'll be fun.
    I would just like to point out almost two years after the fact that I WAS right about this. The 650 did indeed come out, and as we ALL know they were calling it the Ace for quite some time.

Damn, but I'm good.
    Nice one. Care to make any more predictions
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    ...yes I do.
    There will be four new Treo's in 2006.
    Some code names will be:
    Hollywood
    Lowrider
    Microsoft/Verizon piece of ****
    Other

Flame on, but I was right last time.
    It'll be fun.
    ...yes I do.
    There will be four new Treo's in 2006.
    Some code names will be:
    Hollywood
    Lowrider
    Microsoft/Verizon piece of ****
    Other

Flame on, but I was right last time.
    I actually hope you are right. It would be good for everyone.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I was hoping for he would tell us the winning lottery ticket numbers.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by LennyV
    I was hoping for he would tell us the winning lottery ticket numbers.
    He is pretty good (and right on.) Probably wouldn't hurt (and better than any of us guessing )