Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Every picture I seem to take, I get too much red (everything is red or purple), . Look at these pics, please,

http://www.yespinky.com/pcs/oddcolorpics/

The concrete should be grey, not orange or purple. The notecard and book should be white.

Don't ask about the nutcracker--my neighbors throw away some odd stuff! (I had to take a picture)

I have QSET, and I don't think anything else running. Please help??

Thank you so much for your time...
    Last edited by hocus703; 06/08/2004 at 12:25 PM. Reason: incorrect colors noted
    I'm having the red tint picture problem too.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    we can try to find common denominators. firmware upgrade? when did you start noticing the tints? what did you do just prior to these tints appearing? any drops?
    The only obvious thing that comes to mind was the Sprint Update. I take pics pretty much the same before and after. I have added some new stuff, but they aren't picture related programs, so I'm at a loss there.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Perform a Hard Reset and try taking a picture before you restore it. That way you can see whether it is being caused by something you've loaded. Unlikely, but you have to try that first.
  6.    #6  
    Unfortunately/Fortunately, after a quick 'Backupman Backup', the hard reset proved (at least to me) that it's some program running. With a blank (ish) phone, I got decent (ish) colors.

Sigh--the hunt begins. =)
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Go with it... I think they look cool! Your phone sees the world in vivid colors.
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Just began for me today as well. But doesn't always happen as one tonight seems fine. I have the update, but also a number of other programs installed since the update. Frustrating.
    What a coincidence!

Just yesterday evening, while out shopping, I decided to take a picture using the Treo and I noticed the orange/red colour issue. Here I am now, checking this thread and notice that other people have encountered the same problem.

I am sure that the problem has just recently surfaced. I have so many programs installed on my device that I would have a nightmare troubleshooting the thing.
    Anyway, I will first try to remove the patched Pickem to see what happens.

If anybody out there can shed some light on this new problem, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Ok, I've just done a WARM reset (for those of you who don't know how to do warm resets: keep pressed the scroll up arrow on the dpad and then do your reset. Release your finger from the dpad only when the palm logo appears after the reset) and the camera's back to normal. After the warm reset, remember to do a SOFT reset again to make sure all your "hacks" are reactivated.

The purpose of my post here is to tell people that a HARD reset is NOT required to get around this problem.

OK. So much for that. Now we still have to figure out what's causing the red/orange colour problem in the camera.............
  11.    #11  
    Unfortunately the warm reset didn't do it. The room was still purple and my goldfish looked radioactive. =) Tried many times, in conjunction with soft resets, no go...
    Quote Originally Posted by cywong
    What a coincidence!

Just yesterday evening, while out shopping, I decided to take a picture using the Treo and I noticed the orange/red colour issue. Here I am now, checking this thread and notice that other people have encountered the same problem.

I am sure that the problem has just recently surfaced. I have so many programs installed on my device that I would have a nightmare troubleshooting the thing.
    Anyway, I will first try to remove the patched Pickem to see what happens.

If anybody out there can shed some light on this new problem, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

patched pickem? that thing was a beta release. your patch just extended the usage probably and might be a cause for issues. clearly the SPRINT update is not causing these colour issues because someone in Malaysia, who is not with SPRINT, is getting these problems.
    Can you guys list the last, say 5 major changes you performed on your treo before the problems. this way we can find common ground. Also mention what update you installed.

EXAMPLE:

1. updated SPRINT firmware
    2. installed pickem
    3. XXX
    4. xxx
    5. ...

Please start! let's find the culprit
    I had a problem with the Patch and had to use the SysTools program. But I download stuff all the time to test it and sometimes to keep it so it's no easy call. -lol

What would be nice is a program that lists (at a glance) your downloads by download dates and locations.

15. mcg
    I noticed the same thing. Right after I installed QSet and upped the image quality I started getting the blue-dot problem, which I hadn't noticed before. I then installed Pickem to try the blue-dot filter, which resulted in red-orange pictures (apparently the only way to get rid of the blue).

One hard reset later and no improvement; however, when I took some outdoor pictures the next day everything seemed to be fine again. I still get some blue dots in really poor light conditions but overall the camera is working as well as can be expected (actually better than I expected given some of the negative reports here - it *is* a camera-phone camera so I'm not sure what people were expecting).

I'm a Rogers Wireless phone and I have not yet upgraded the firmware.

My suggestion: Avoid the pickem blue-dot filter. I'm even a little hesitant to use the zoom.

R
    Last edited by mcg; 06/08/2004 at 05:04 PM.
  16.    #16  
    UPDATE!

After deciding to futz around again with this thing, seeing as nobody has made any progress... I decided to transfer over pickem.patched.prc, and use it. One press of the S to rid the blue dots, and I had a normal picture.

Sure, it's a little bit slower to take multiple pictures in a row (you have to use more than one button press), but as long as I don't have reds, I think I'll be fine. Funny, I'm thinking this app in the first place caused them.

Semi normality is fine... for now...

This pic was taken with the new condition after an 'S'. Low light, so it's pretty good: http://www.yespinky.com/pcs/normal/34.jpg
    I've got the same issue, a friend who viewed my pictures commented "Looks like somebody turned the contrast on the tv up"

IIRC, Pickem rids the blue-dots by adjusting the levels of other colors. When I use Pick Em and Enable the blue dot filter, the colors go back to normal. This makes me think, Pickem knows how to tweak the colors, but other programs don't.
    Pete
    Hi -

I just traded in my T600 for a brand new T600 due to a dark spot on the screen. My camera used to function really well - now all my photos are magenta and (for those of you who know the term) solarized.

I have pickem, and will try to do the command-s solution - but I think we'll ultimately need a program that allows tweaks to the chroma and hue. Any experts out there want to tackle that one?

Cheers!
    LZ
    I had the red-picture problem and fixed it by deleting pickem and performing a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slem
    I had the red-picture problem and fixed it by deleting pickem and performing a soft reset.
    Hey, Slem -

You're lucky - I tried deleting Pickem, resetting, and it didn't work.

Cheers!
    LZ
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast