Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I took the sample images into photoshop and added 30% red to the green channel and they come back to normality.
    So basically what I have done is turned 30% reds into greens.
    So the sensor in your camera is reading too much Red and not enough Green. This could be a problem with the sensor, but is more likely to be filtering done by software. Pickem is the most likely culprit because I don't think the standard software messes with White Balance, it just does exposure. I may be wrong.
    On thing I noticed is that, if you open CameraTest, hit "change IFP settings" and open "Format Control", the default is "CD00". I noticed that Pickem changes that value to "DD00", and doesn't change it back, even when you use the "r" to reset.

I'm color-blind, so I can't really tell if that value determines the red shift problem; but there may be other settings that Pickem changes.
    That's very interesting Bujin...anyone else notice this or can test it? That sounds like it may be the problem.
    I installed Camera Test..Selected IFP Settings from the menu, changed AWB-Red-Green-Blue settings back to the "Default" by clicking the Default button.
    The tint is gone
    Pete
  5.    #25  
    Well, PeteEMT proves to be a lifesaver yet again! (I'm assuming?)

Anyhow, I finally dug up a copy of cameratest on an old DVD backup I made of my Treo programs--because after an exhaustive (well, okay, 10 minutes) I couldn't find it on here or anywhere...

I went into the settings, and anything with the AWB or red or green or blue settings, I punched default.

Damn thing works now! Amazing! No more stinky programs changing my settings!

Thanks for your help. I hope this clears up issues for a lot of people. Too bad cameratest appears to be lost in the ether--perhaps I'll post it on my website...
    Great, I have to try it. Thanks guys!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Changed the others but I didn't see any AWB Green settings.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  8.    #28  
    I just changed everything that had Red, Green, or Blue, like AWB Red/Blue Gain... AWB Red/Blue Limit... All the H and V corrects... Back to normal. Takin' pictures and not having to scream each time.
    That's great...seems like the problem is fixed...where can I get this Camera Test program?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Yeah, it's definitely not the Sprint 1.20 update. At least on hardware rev B phones. My pictures are properly color-balanced (when I want them to be :-)). Reference my sig.
    Does any of the settings have any real defaults or is it because Pickem or Qset changed them?
    I had the same problem and I just used CameraTest to change the Red, Blue Gain for WB to the default value (0000). Now, it's even better than I ever remembered it.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12